#Gh79#

administrative processing

68 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My visa was refused under section 221(g) of the US Immigration and Nationality Act and was told that visa can not be issued at this time and that my case will be forwarded to NVC and then to USCIS please what does it mean? I need advice. Also if I tract the status of my petition it say administrative processing please I need help

Apparently it means that your application is lacking some information, or they're reviewing it more closely. Try Googling 221(g) for more info.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Timeline

My visa was refused under section 221(g) of the US Immigration and Nationality Act and was told that visa can not be issued at this time and that my case will be forwarded to NVC and then to USCIS please what does it mean? I need advice. Also if I tract the status of my petition it say administrative processing please I need help

You are in the same boat as the rest of us. So many denials. It's a very sad situation for all Ghanaians and their loved ones. I am so sorry to hear the news.

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Mine has been under ap since 8th may, but they have never said anything like denied, so to hear that word brother.

Did they ask for more information on your 221g?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Keep monitoring your case number , if really they have decided to send it back to nvc it , will show , but if it continues in a.p , means they are still looking into it deeply. Of which they might ask for more documents.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like they are sending it back,

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well they have told you what is going to happen now you have to wait. First thing the petitioner needs to do is get on the phone and contact their Senator and get them involved immediately. This has been happening way too much on Ghana. Almost a pattern like everyone who is married is bring refused and sent back. Seems almost the same CO.

Now this is what will happen with your petition. You will get a NOID/NOIR letter from USCIS in about maybe 6 to 8 months, depending on when Ghana actually returns your case back . Many times they say they return it and it still sitting there months later. Thats why having your Senator involved maybe getting a second interview is important.

Once the petitioner receives the letter you may be asked to present evidence to the denial points the CO made. Or you will be reaffirmed without having to present evidence. It's a waiting game now. I know some people been waiting since last summer for word from USCIS on their case.

Things you can think about while you are waiting is why you might have been refused. Do you have red flags in your relationship.

1. Fast Courtship

2. Married first visit

3. Only one visit

4. Short Visit (less than 21 days)

5. Different race

6. Different religion

7. Divorced with children from other relationships

8. Beneficiary petitioned before on a K1 or IR1/CR1 by someone else

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

~~moved to 221g and waivers from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~ Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

We were denied because lack of evidence of a bonafide relationship. Many other are the same this year in Ghana many of the other countries are smooth sailing. So im gathering as much evidence as I can now while Im in AP and Im contacting my senator. We were interview 3/3/15 and 3/30/15 everything has been sent back to the Us. And it is back at the USCIS now since June 4. Ghana is a very strict embassy so you must be over prepared for them and organized. We have also gotten a facebook group with past and present member for sub saharian countries who are trying to immigrate. This process in long and stressful.

Timeline

Well they have told you what is going to happen now you have to wait. First thing the petitioner needs to do is get on the phone and contact their Senator and get them involved immediately. This has been happening way too much on Ghana. Almost a pattern like everyone who is married is bring refused and sent back. Seems almost the same CO.

Now this is what will happen with your petition. You will get a NOID/NOIR letter from USCIS in about maybe 6 to 8 months, depending on when Ghana actually returns your case back . Many times they say they return it and it still sitting there months later. Thats why having your Senator involved maybe getting a second interview is important.

Once the petitioner receives the letter you may be asked to present evidence to the denial points the CO made. Or you will be reaffirmed without having to present evidence. It's a waiting game now. I know some people been waiting since last summer for word from USCIS on their case.

Things you can think about while you are waiting is why you might have been refused. Do you have red flags in your relationship.

1. Fast Courtship

2. Married first visit

3. Only one visit

4. Short Visit (less than 21 days)

5. Different race

6. Different religion

7. Divorced with children from other relationships

8. Beneficiary petitioned before on a K1 or IR1/CR1 by someone else

What do you think we can do as Ghana nails to put a stop to this pain caused by cos here in Ghana. We really need change before things get out of hands

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What do you think we can do as Ghana nails to put a stop to this pain caused by cos here in Ghana. We really need change before things get out of hands

There seems to be many pf you lately ban together and get your Senators involved. Man with numerous Senator rattling their cages for actions either a CO will be questioned to explain or something will be done. But you must make some noise. Closed mouths don't get fed.

Don't just join these groups and chat it up, network, write letters, act be proactive, rally, if you voted and got people in office or didn't heck who cares write to your congressman, Senator and make them move and get involved and don't take no for an answer. :goofy:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.