juan carlos rodri

my girlfriend is pregnant

6 posts in this topic

my girlfriend and I are in the process of k1 (fiance visa) have eight months and has not yet reached us approval (texa), she became pregnant and needs me to be with her, there will be some way to speed it up?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not for that reason.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

my girlfriend and I are in the process of k1 (fiance visa) have eight months and has not yet reached us approval (texa), she became pregnant and needs me to be with her, there will be some way to speed it up?

Don't think it matters one way or another. The process takes as long as it takes no matter what your situation :(

She became pregnant??? Did you help???

If so, My suggestion would be to come up with a Plan or two

Example:

Plan A - What happens if Immigration is approved before the baby is born, how will you support the 2 of them while she is unable to work in the states.

or

Plan B - What happens if Immigration is NOT approved before the baby comes and how you will support them while she is unable to work in her home country.

Edited by Tabitha and James

29 Sep 2014 -- Mailed I-129F

06 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 received via Text/Email

18 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Hardcopy received in mail

08 May 2015 Received Text of NOA2

08 June 2015 CEAC Status changed to Ready

16 June 2015 Medical Appointment at Knightsbridge

24 July 2015 Interview

????????: POE

17 Oct 2015 Wedding

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I checked your VJ timeline for more information, but you haven't created one yet, so it's difficult to know where you are in the process. Please complete your VJ timeline, as it helps everyone including you. :time:

That said, I can offer some general help without the timeline. As others have stated, your fiance being pregnant will have no bearing whatsoever on your K1 petition process. I have personal experience with this, very much so, because my fiance was pregnant at the time I filed. I was also in the TSC (221 days or 7 months, 1 week and 2 days of waiting) and despite my best efforts (congressional reps, direct pleas, phone calls, etc ad nauseum) the pregnancy factor was excluded from consideration in all aspects during the journey to approval. Fortunately for you, you already have 8 months in the TSC prior to your fiance becoming pregnant. That's a good thing because in all likelihood you will be able to complete the process prior to her giving birth. And having said all of that, if you haven't reached out to any of your congressional reps and if you are indeed 8 months into your wait at the TSC (are you a September or October filer? I can't tell because you didn't create a timeline) then you should try to get some movement to happen in your case simply and strictly based on the amount of time you've been waiting. I mean, has the "normal processing times" window passed you by yet?

If all else fails, you can do a CRBA in the DR at the embassy. We were forced to go that route because of the excessive delays in the TSC. It wasn't too bad really. Just a lot of preparation, extra expense (application fees) and another interview. If possible you'd wanna be present for the CRBA interview (though not technically required). The question then becomes when your fiance would feel comfortable traveling after the birth. The general rule of thumb is 3 months is pretty much ok to do the travel thing, though many folk travel earlier than that with their new kiddo. That will depend on y'all completely. Fortunately the flight from the DR should be relatively short and if you don't have any connecting flights then that would be even better.

Anyway hope that helps. Good luck with it!

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.