6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi All,

We are applying for the K-1 visa. Our interview, hopefully within the next two months, will be at the Paris Consulate. My fiance, however, is in Paris on his residence card. He is Algerian.

I'm wondering if because we are applying at a Consulate that isn't in the country of his birth, we'll be automatically submitted to administrative processing? It's my biggest fear. I know that people from Muslim countries are also delayed, and that scares me!

So, has anyone interviewed in a Consulate that wasn't in their country of citizenship? Were you automatically submitted to AP?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Hello,

According to https://pennstatelaw.psu.edu/sites/default/files/documents/pdfs/Immigrants/Administrative-Processing-FAQ.pdf

Citizens of Algeria may be subjected to AP.

I don't think the fact he is at a consulate different than his country of citizenship is an issue. They are looking at what country he is a citizen of.

My fiancé is from Mauritius but the US embassy there does not conduct K1 visa interviews :crying: So he has to go to South Africa for his interview. Before it was Kenya but now they moved Mauritians to South Africa. Anyways, I haven't heard of anyone being sent for AP due to interviewing outside Mauritius (what choice do they have?)

Maybe someone who has done this process from Algeria can better inform you if AP is common or not.

Good luck!!!

9/01/13- Met online 7/10/15- NVC case # assigned **22 days from NOA2**

11/9/13- Met 1st time in person (L) 7/27/15- Case left NVC to South Africa!!!

2/01/14- Met 2nd time in person (L) 7/28/15- Case "ready"

9/01/14- Met 3rd time in person (L) 7/31/15- Consulate received

5/11/15- Mailed I-129F 8/4/15- Packet 3 received by email

5/19/15- NOA1--- Got routed to CSC!!! :dancing: 8/7/15- Sent Packet 3

5/22/15- File "touched" 8/7/15- Packet 4 received by email!

5/27/15- Our baby was born (L) 9/7- 9/8- Medical

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

9/29/15- US Entry---- Finally!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey, thanks so much for your kind and researched answer!

The thing is, though, your financé doesn't have any other choice, as you say, but to interview at another consulate! I've read that scary PDF so many times, and I've read of a case on visajourney of someone from Algeria being in AP for over 1 year! My father just died, and the idea I being away from my fiancé that long just kills me!

I wish there was a way to predict in advance!

My fiancee is originally from Bangladesh but had his K1 interview in London 2 months ago. He has been living in london for the past 6 years.He is still in AP. I hope your fiancee doesnt go to AP as mine did.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.