1,304 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think you're right. In my PDF, it said:

Upon receiving this letter, all eligible applicants must prepare for the visa interview by visiting our website
http://nvc.state.gov/interviewand completing the following six steps before the interview date...

And when I went to that website, it said:

2. Review U.S. Embassy or Consulate Interview Instructions

There may be additional instructions provided by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will be applying and be interviewed, so please review those instructions carefully. To see this information, select below the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will be interviewed.

And when I selected Montreal, it said what I wrote. I'm pretty sure it's generic, otherwise it would be a pretty hidden way to get us to confirm. I'll probably call tomorrow to make sure though. I'd rather be over prepared for this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Woohooo, congrats to all for your interviews. It is so thrilling that we will all be hanging around in the embassies in May. Sooo many peeps that were hoping and praying for this long road to finally end, and here we are!!! :dance::dance::dance:

All the the best to everybody and good luck with your upcoming interviews.

For all still waiting, your interviews will be there very soon, and we will all be celebrating together. Gooood luck!!!! :goofy:

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png
I am the beneficiary.
NVC
06/30/2014 - NVC received case
07/23/2014 - case# assigned
07/30/2014 - received IIN #
07/30/2014 - submitted DS-261 / paid AOS Fee
08/01/2014 - AOS Fee showed "Paid"
09/11/2014 - IV Bill invoiced and paid
09/13/2014 - IV Bill showed "Paid"
09/17/2014 - submitted DS-260
09/29/2014 - mailed off AOS & IV Packet
10/01/2014 - NVC received documents (e-mail 60 days review)
10/02/2014 - Scan date
12/02/2014 - received checklist for AOS
12/11/2014 - new scan date for corrected AOS
02/05/2015 - Case complete as for my case (son´s case still shows paid)
02/06/2015 - 2nd checklist email for both cases (i can take my correction to the interview, for son another 60 days of wait :clock: :cry: )
02/18/2015 - new Scan date
03/26/2015 - Case complete for my son´s case too, yay, the uncertainty is over
04/01/2015 - received Case Complete email for both
05/06/2015 - Medical
05/26/2015 - Interview / APPROVED!!!
05/26/2015 - CEAC already shows "ISSUED" in the afternoon
05/30/2015 - Visa in hands
08/12/2015 - POE Houston, TX

Hey I think you are looking for the Montreal specific wiki. There are a few different good ones (that you can get to from the link below):

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_for_Montreal_Beneficiaries_%E2%80%93_Electronic_Processing_and_New_Online_Forms#Useful_Links

I know that this wiki is just about the NVC process and EP which is redundant now as you've already sent in your stuff but at the bottom under useful links there is a bunch of good information here (which is why I just keep this one as a favourite). Look at the "Canada Wiki" page for Montreal Consulate instructions (just be careful because it also goes through Vancouver for K1 visas) http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Canada. The "Links with Canadian Topics" takes you to a thread where people have discussed a whole bunch of important things (like taxes and shipping our belongings) and some less important, but interesting things (like what foods you can't get in the US that we have here haha) http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/347629-moving-to-the-us-summary-list-canadian-immigration-guide/#entry3008895. There are also links to the Montreal Consulate and DHL and spreadsheets and more. Like I said all of these links are under the heading "Useful Links" on the first link I posted above.

I'm not sure if you've found this thread yet: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/499883-nvc-thread-for-canadians/page-52

It's a bunch of Canucks sharing their experiences. People post reviews of the their medicals and interviews. It's great to stay on top of too!

Hope that helps!

I think you're right. In my PDF, it said:

And when I went to that website, it said:

And when I selected Montreal, it said what I wrote. I'm pretty sure it's generic, otherwise it would be a pretty hidden way to get us to confirm. I'll probably call tomorrow to make sure though. I'd rather be over prepared for this.

you didnt answer...are you a ir1/r1?

if so, mtl books for you. if your a K1 you need to book your own.

and if you've been emailed you p4, and got a date you do not need to confirm it.

good luck calling the embassy.....

if you dont hear anything try emailing them just to be sure, after that, proceed with booking a medical....and then securing a way to montreal (travel &hotel).

and don't forget to check out saylin' wiki, see pg, saylin's signature line http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/543004-nvc-filers-april-2015/

she got a lot of info....and see what canadiangirl123 wrote above....lots of great info!!!!

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Sorry, yes, it's an IR-1.

There was a help line on one of those websites for the registering of the interview. I think I'm going to put this one to rest. I'm sure it's just a generic page and I'm overthinking everything.

agreed.

sleep well.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys

Sorry for out of track question...

At POE,officers take fingerprint of new immigrants right? Its only for fingers or for palm too?

Plz help me in knowing this bcz m going to US as new immigrant and want to apply Henna on my palm not on fingers bcz fingerprints do not reglect if Henna is thr on fingers. Can i apply it only on Palms?

USCIS Stage

05/22/2013- I-`30 Sent

05/24/2013 - Priority Date

05/29/2013- NOA 1 Hardcopy Received

09/09/2013 - Transfer Notice: VSC to NSC

11/06/2013 - NOA2- Approved

11/08/2013 - Case Shipped to NVC

11/11/2013 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

NVC Stage

12/18/2013- Received Case Number & IIN (Recieved on phone: 12/17/2013)

12/19/2013- DS-261 generated & filled

12/20/2013- AOS fee bil generated & paid

12/24/2013- IV Pakcet fee bill generated

12/26/2013- IV Packet fee paid

01/04/2014- DS-260 filled & submitted online

02/04/2014 - AOS Packet sent

01/15/2014 - IV Packet Sent

02/08/2014 - Received FALSE Checklist

03/03/2014 - Received Checklist for AOS

03/10/2014 - Shipped AOS Checklist response to NVC

03/26/2014 - Case Complete ...........So Happy :dancing:04/02/2014- Received CC EMail
Retrogression hits in June Visa bulletin....stucked!

02/07/2015-Interview scheduled date

CONSULATE

Medical:02/18/2015

Biometrics:03/12/2015

Interview:03/18/2015---- Result- AP (Asked to submit New Joint Sponsor)

Submitted New Joint Sponsor: 03/30/2015

Status on CEAC changed to ISSUED: 04/01/2015 :dancing::wow:

Collected Passport and Visa Packet: 04/04/2015 :):energy::dancing:

POE:04/30/2015 (Boston)

event.png<p>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i thought some one post they are not doing any interview till may ????????

That's what a member said but a lot Canadian got interview dates yesterday

Tasha

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just curious about the Montreal Consulate and the timing of booking of interviews.

I noticed a number of people filing IR-1 got May interviews in the past few days ...Congrats to all of you.

I also noticed that many of them have interview dates earlier in May than ours and we got our P4 letter and interview date on March 27/15 and our interview isn't until May 20/15

Not that I'm complaining, it gives me plenty of time to get documents together and do the medical, as I had to travel to BC for the medical.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I was just listening on some news in Colombia where they were saying the the embassy was the busiest during May and June, and that last year during this time they had problems also with scheduling interviews so it may be this again that is holding us up. Hopefully we hear about our interview dates soon. Best luck to all of us : )

Thank you for the update. I don't have a problem with a June date for an interview. My impatience just got the best of me in that last post. As you say, hopefully we hear back soon.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Just curious about the Montreal Consulate and the timing of booking of interviews.

I noticed a number of people filing IR-1 got May interviews in the past few days ...Congrats to all of you.

I also noticed that many of them have interview dates earlier in May than ours and we got our P4 letter and interview date on March 27/15 and our interview isn't until May 20/15

Not that I'm complaining, it gives me plenty of time to get documents together and do the medical, as I had to travel to BC for the medical.

hey suzie, i'm thinking it was because there was 15 of us waiting and maybe even more that don't post on vj. some of us had been waiting since you got your interview and prior (like march 23), so with it being close to a month, some of us contacted the embassy to ask when would they be scheduling. guess this made the embassy release dates from other visa types. supply meets demand. i was just as surprised with how it all turned out too. i wasn't expecting one until june but did think something was up when only 2 interviews were scheduled for may, i just knew there had to be more dates available. i think when push comes to shove the embassy has the ability to switch up dates to the visas type being cc'd. in this case, may was still open and they released those dates to the ir1/cr1 visa holders. i don't think you're the only one miffed....think there's been some chatter amongst the k1 about this too, they've been complaining they're not able to schedule and its probably because the embassy wasn't releasing dates to them either.

the good thing is things are moving and it looks like interviews are happening.

hope this helps.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Timeline

Honestly, I was surprised at that too!! Although nothing about the fairness of this process should surprise any of us anymore I guess. I actually thought of you when we all got May interview dates. I don't know how they go about scheduling interviews. It doesn't make sense!

Timeline

hey suzie, i'm thinking it was because there was 15 of us waiting and maybe even more that don't post on vj. some of us had been waiting since you got your interview and prior (like march 23), so with it being close to a month, some of us contacted the embassy to ask when would they be scheduling. guess this made the embassy release dates from other visa types. supply meets demand. i was just as surprised with how it all turned out too. i wasn't expecting one until june but did think something was up when only 2 interviews were scheduled for may, i just knew there had to be more dates available. i think when push comes to shove the embassy has the ability to switch up dates to the visas type being cc'd. in this case, may was still open and they released those dates to the ir1/cr1 visa holders. i don't think you're the only one miffed....think there's been some chatter amongst the k1 about this too, they've been complaining they're not able to schedule and its probably because the embassy wasn't releasing dates to them either.

the good thing is things are moving and it looks like interviews are happening.

hope this helps.

Yes, interesting thought...they may have taken from other visa categories to accommodate all of us....hmmmmm

Timeline

OK in the big scheme of things… a very naive question…specifically pertaining to POE… you can do POE say from any country to USA any day of the week…i am going on saturday…its the weekend…i know. There maybe lesser custom officers, so i will get to the airport (montreal) a few more hours early than usual….I am thinking 4 hours should be enough???????

Any suggestions?

Timeline

Honestly, I was surprised at that too!! Although nothing about the fairness of this process should surprise any of us anymore I guess. I actually thought of you when we all got May interview dates. I don't know how they go about scheduling interviews. It doesn't make sense!

I just find it puzzling....and it sure doesn't make it easier for anyone to try to 'predict' when they might get an interview date based on their CC. It messes with the statistics/data :P

Timeline

OK in the big scheme of things… a very naive question…specifically pertaining to POE… you can do POE say from any country to USA any day of the week…i am going on saturday…its the weekend…i know. There maybe lesser custom officers, so i will get to the airport (montreal) a few more hours early than usual….I am thinking 4 hours should be enough???????

Any suggestions?

That sounds reasonable. I've also seen suggestions that you call a few days before and give them a head's up that you'll be doing your POE there so they can be a little prepared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.