wbeem

Progress thread for TSC filers now between NVC and Interview Stage

1,685 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I would like to tell about my journey so far. Last Thursday I picked up visa from depot and rushed to the airport, I was heading to North Dakota with Air Canada and was flying through Toronto. To my big surprise, US Immigration has conducted an interview there - I have waited 20 mins and was asked 3 questions in total.

Thank you so much to everyone on this forum for all the wealth of information and support and all the best luck with your journeys :)

Toronto is a POE for US immigration.

Congrats on making it to the other side. :)

Go get your Social Security card.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Screw everything I said. Scott got his visa with no notification it was coming!!!!!!

Congratulations! So pleased for you! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Bill%20and%20Ted%20Excellent_zpsnhebezjf

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm still waiting to join this thread! got our NOA2 but it's still at TSC. People with NOA2 dates after us have had their petitions sent to NVC. Thanks TSC, just sit on it for a few weeks why don't ya! What do they actually do with it after NOA2?! Copy it and make paper plates to eat their sandwices off of?

I think they send petitions in bulk to NVC-not sure though, the government works in mysterious ways. Glad you've got an NOA2 now, though! :)

-Christopher (P/USC)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

• 11 SEPTEMBER 2017 (MONDAY) - FILE I-751 TO CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

Timeline

I'm still waiting to join this thread! got our NOA2 but it's still at TSC. People with NOA2 dates after us have had their petitions sent to NVC. Thanks TSC, just sit on it for a few weeks why don't ya! What do they actually do with it after NOA2?! Copy it and make paper plates to eat their sandwices off of?

I finally got our case number on 16th June and our NOA 2 was 22 May! Like Chris said I think they send them in bulk so you're either lucky and get approved just before a bulk is sent or unlucky and you're the start of a new "bulk", hope it's the former for you! Just persevere with NVC though I was told to wait however many days it is blah blah but I did get the number 2 or so weeks ahead before getting packet 3 from the embassy!

Edited by rob999

K1 Timeline

November 21st 2013 - First Met

November 18th 2014 - I-129f Submitted

November 24th 2014 - NOA 1

May 22nd 2015 - NOA 2 - no RFE!

June 4th 2015 - Case Sent to NVC

June 6th 2015 - NVC receives case

June 15th 2015 - Case Sent to Embassy

June 16th 2015 - Phoned NVC and finally got case number (tried 12th June and had not been assigned)

June 16th 2015 - Medical booked

June 21st 2015 - Sent Packet "3" - DS 160 and readiness

June 25th 2015 - Embassy sends letter in receipt of receiving case

June 30th 2015 - Medical

July 28th 2015 - Interview - Approved!

August 3rd 2015 - Email request to collect from courier office (Went straight from "Ready" to "Issued" did not see AP in CEAC)

August 4th 2015 - Collected packet from Chancery Lane Courier Office

August 7th 2015 - Arrived in Houston and end of K1 journey :)

Adjustment of Status Timeline

August 10th 2015 - Applied for SSN, obtained SSN number next day

August 15th 2015 - SSN card arrived

August 20th 2015 - Married! :)

August 24th 2015 - sent packet to USCIS via FedEx [AOS, AP & EAD]

August 26th 2015 - packet received at USCIS

August 28th 2015 - NOA 1 for all three applications

September 15th 2015 - RFE - request 1040A, W2's was not enough

September 24th 2015 - Biometrics completed

September 28th 2015 - RFE response received by USCIS

October 27th 2015 - EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Daniel had his medical Friday so now just waiting for the interview letter. I guess it's going to be a long 2 weeks based on how everyone else has felt!

I submitted a second readiness form yesterday moving the wedding date up a month to see if it does any good getting an earlier interview. Probably not but never hurts to try, right?

One question for all the beneficiaries: how did you handle putting in notice at work? Daniel has to put in a month's notice and doesn't want to do it until after the interview "in case something goes wrong." I'd like him to do it maybe a week before the interview so I don't have to wait 4-5 weeks after the interview for him to fly. What did everyone else do?

Timeline

Scott came!!! Interestingly though, he had his POE in Dublin. Fast and easy and once he arrived in Dulles he just came through. Simple as that. I'll update my timeline once I'm more awake!!!

Thank you everyone for everything!!!

One question for all the beneficiaries: how did you handle putting in notice at work? Daniel has to put in a month's notice and doesn't want to do it until after the interview "in case something goes wrong." I'd like him to do it maybe a week before the interview so I don't have to wait 4-5 weeks after the interview for him to fly. What did everyone else do?

Much depends on individual situations and circumstances. In my case, I needed at least 6 weeks to sort out and dispose of much of my junk that I had accumulated over the years (too many cars, motorbikes, projects, music gear etc.) As such, when we got the NOA2 at the end of April, that was the point I handed in my one month notice so that I would finish my job at the very end of May and get cracking on shifting all the stuff I couldn't take over with me in June and early July. Originally my timescale estimate was for an Embassy interiew early to mid July, and I would have flown very shortly after then. However, with the printing visa debacle and likely increase in Embassy work due to the summer season, my interview was scheduled slightly later than estimated. Then, to ensure I got a decent flight rather than having to book what was left at the last minute, I took the plunge and booked my flight for three weeks after the interview, which should be more than sufficient.

In the meantime, I have become almost a full time Ebayer! In my first month I earnt almost as much as I would have done had I stayed in my job, though trying to work full time AND sort/ list/ sell/ deliver much of what I had would have been impossible. It's also nice to have more flexibility with my time to meet up with and see many of my friends/ relatives before I head off stateside.

Of course, there is still that risk that something can crop up or not go to plan, though in the worst case scenario I do have a flight that can be rescheduled if need be. As it is, my estimate of 6 weeks to shift my stuff (I should have been on an episode of "Hoarders"...) was optimistic to say the least, so the extra few weeks are very much to my benefit.

This is what is working for me, though again, everyone has individual circumstances that will affect their decision as and when to quit their job.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Daniel had his medical Friday so now just waiting for the interview letter. I guess it's going to be a long 2 weeks based on how everyone else has felt!

I submitted a second readiness form yesterday moving the wedding date up a month to see if it does any good getting an earlier interview. Probably not but never hurts to try, right?

My fiancé needed to give three weeks of notice, which he gladly gave in last week. He had considered working until after his interview but the demand upon him at work is so great that he cannot juggle the two. Work can be a bit of a butt about him having to take personal days or even make personal phone calls when needed. We are confident that nothing will be amiss at the interview, and the risk of denial is low. He is relieved to be done with that job either way, and even had a client offering him connections stateside. Ideally after the interview, he'll be coming in late August, so he's going to take the time waiting for the visa to be issued and get his suit, sell what belongings he can, and relax! He would not be able to do any of those things if he continued working past his interview date. 40hrs a week, weekend work, and 2hrs of travel a day barely leaves him enough time to do much at all.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Interview Wed July 29. Issued Friday. I was there visiting.

Following Monday gave 1 month notice and worked until end of August.

Planned for full month after finishing work to sell, give away, take to the dump, or pack things.

Booked a first class ticket with air miles for end of Sept.

Booked removals company to collect boxes one week before departure.

What didn't go to plan:

Procrastinated about packing (many boxes of stuff) until three days before collection.

Was airing bike tires prior to a buyer coming. Riding slowly, looking down at tires. Crash!!

Fractured collarbone and ribs.

I had to fly back to England on super short notice to help him pack since it wasn't going to go well with his one arm immobilized.

Then we had a week together to finish up, entirely plan our little wedding for five days after POE, and travel back together. We managed without even one argument. (I too had procrastinated wedding details. Then hurricane Ike derailed everything on my end.)

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

I was thinking of submitting a second readiness!

I have already left via redundancy so a little different, what I would say is that over the last few weeks I have been closing down accounts that I don't need, sorting out the UK Pension, getting rid of a lot of stuff (ebay & boot fair), moving out my flat (back to the parents!), seeing family, preparing for next visa stage (AOS), preparing to sell car here and what car I want in the US, researching various things in the US (e.g. SSN, State ID, job market), updating CV and linked in, preparing wedding, researching medical insurance, researching wills in the US etc.

If I had to do all of this and work I think I would have pulled my hair out! If I didn't get redundancy then I had a 3 months resignation period so I was actually going to resign on the day NVC sent my case on to try and get a few weeks out of work to do as much as possible before I left the US (living at parents). Many of the financial stuff should be done in the UK rather than outside it as it's so much easier.

Also we are only in July which means that HMRC should also give a tax refund on what was earned from the May pay packets so expect money back there too which would help support a few weeks off work!

Edited by rob999

K1 Timeline

November 21st 2013 - First Met

November 18th 2014 - I-129f Submitted

November 24th 2014 - NOA 1

May 22nd 2015 - NOA 2 - no RFE!

June 4th 2015 - Case Sent to NVC

June 6th 2015 - NVC receives case

June 15th 2015 - Case Sent to Embassy

June 16th 2015 - Phoned NVC and finally got case number (tried 12th June and had not been assigned)

June 16th 2015 - Medical booked

June 21st 2015 - Sent Packet "3" - DS 160 and readiness

June 25th 2015 - Embassy sends letter in receipt of receiving case

June 30th 2015 - Medical

July 28th 2015 - Interview - Approved!

August 3rd 2015 - Email request to collect from courier office (Went straight from "Ready" to "Issued" did not see AP in CEAC)

August 4th 2015 - Collected packet from Chancery Lane Courier Office

August 7th 2015 - Arrived in Houston and end of K1 journey :)

Adjustment of Status Timeline

August 10th 2015 - Applied for SSN, obtained SSN number next day

August 15th 2015 - SSN card arrived

August 20th 2015 - Married! :)

August 24th 2015 - sent packet to USCIS via FedEx [AOS, AP & EAD]

August 26th 2015 - packet received at USCIS

August 28th 2015 - NOA 1 for all three applications

September 15th 2015 - RFE - request 1040A, W2's was not enough

September 24th 2015 - Biometrics completed

September 28th 2015 - RFE response received by USCIS

October 27th 2015 - EAD approved

Timeline

Quick question.

My fiance filled in the I-134 in May when we were last together. And got a letter from her employer stating her title and salary. She has just received a promotion (change of both title and salary), should we fill out the form again and get a new letter from her employer? Not sure if it's necessary, her previous salary satisfied the legal requirements so it makes no difference really. If anyone has any insight, it is much appreciated.

Paul (UK) and Brianna (USA) <3

January 2012 - Met in Manchester, UK

29th Sept 2014 - Sent I-129F

8th Oct 2014 - NOA1 received by email/text

9th Nov 2014 - *Officially* engaged in Edinburgh, UK

28th Dec 2014 - Visited Brianna in the US for 10 days

17th April 2015 - Visited Brianna in the US for 1 month

21st May 2015 - NOA2 received by email (225 days)

8th June 2015 - Sent to NVC (19 days)

15th June 2015 - Received by NVC (8 days)

16th June 2015 - Case number assigned

18th June 2015 - Left NVC

22nd June 2015 - Medical

23rd June 2015 - ​Received at London

23rd June 2015 - DS-160 submitted

28th June 2015 - Readinesss form submitted

29th June 2015 - Received packet 3

14th July 2015 - Received packet 4

6th August 2015 - Interview - Approved!

12th August 2015 - AP

13th August 2015 - Issued

18th August 2015 - Visa delivered (Home delivery)

21st August 2015 - POE

1st October 2015 - Wedding!

20th October 2015 - Mailed adjustment of status application

27th November 2015 - Honeymoon! 9 days in U.S. Virgin Islands

Quick question.

My fiance filled in the I-134 in May when we were last together. And got a letter from her employer stating her title and salary. She has just received a promotion (change of both title and salary), should we fill out the form again and get a new letter from her employer? Not sure if it's necessary, her previous salary satisfied the legal requirements so it makes no difference really. If anyone has any insight, it is much appreciated.

New title and more money doesn't matter since she qualifies on what you already have. More money won't get you more approved. If it was a totally new employer, then of course worth reporting.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

we got approved! :dancing:

im not gonna lie was possibly the most boring experience waited for three hours and only spoke to people for ten minutes

got asked what was my fiances name was and how did we meet and she asked to see my ring that was it lol

good luck for anyone else who's got it coming up soon.

id suggest taking in some water and something to eat because there was nothing there today and i was soo thirsty!

Date Filed : November 12th

NOA : November 16th

Biometrics : December 7th

Approved EAD&AP : January 29th

Card Mailed : February 2nd
Received Card : February 5th

we got approved! :dancing:

im not gonna lie was possibly the most boring experience waited for three hours and only spoke to people for ten minutes

got asked what was my fiances name was and how did we meet and she asked to see my ring that was it lol

good luck for anyone else who's got it coming up soon.

id suggest taking in some water and something to eat because there was nothing there today and i was soo thirsty!

Congrats! Are they still saying a two week timeframe?

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.