Nich-Nick

Another warning K1s. Get your shots!

144 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes they will not send it until I send proof of MMR... I emailed them monday asking them not to do so... I will send the immunization sheet tomorrow to them and see what they say...

If needed i will just get MMR again?

Yes they will not send it until I send proof of MMR... I emailed them monday asking them not to do so... I will send the immunization sheet tomorrow to them and see what they say...

If needed i will just get MMR again?

I know you emailed them, but did they reply and say yes they will hold it?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Yes they replied and said they will hold it

"We are unable to comment on the adjustment of status and what is acceptable at the time of going through this stage of your visa application. However we can hold your medical if you wish and have the MMR added and re-send the vaccination worksheet.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Kind regards,

Kerri Cooper

Knightsbridge Doctors

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I know you emailed them, but did they reply and say yes they will hold it?

Good point. Given the timing, and the fact that there is nothing that can be done once they forward the medical results to the embassy, I would leave the emails now and start calling.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

Thought i would add my follow up experience in the US for AOS after doing the Knightsbridge medical. I got MMR and Tetanus after the medical in UK

and got those transcribed for my I-693 for AOS by a civil surgeon here in the US, only cost me $30. I had chicken pox as a kid so the surgeon took this history

as evidence i did not need varicella jab and she gave me the sealed envelope with the transcript inside. All very easy ONCE i found the right civil surgeon, this is the key so refer to the list and phone around. I got the run around by the first one but the one in DC was awesome.

So don't worry too much if you don't manage to get all your shots as you can get things sorted state side as long as you find someone decent (the problem is not the doctors but the receptionists who are on $10 and hour and don't know about immigration). The doctor I found in DC does everything herself so you deal straight with her.

Good luck!

Hey guys!

So I just got my booster jab earlier this week, and from reading this do I need to get my flu jab(Influenza)?

Since it isn't flu season?

Thanks!

Correct. It is marked with a waiver. Make sure they mark it with code F

Here are the shots needed for 19 through 59 years of age:

• Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted for AOS also. The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. If you have a record of receiving pertussis, then the Td is okay for the booster.
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella. It's two doses in your life, but if you get the first dose, and 4 weeks haven't passed by your medical, they will waive the second dose for "insufficient time interval". If you only had one dose as a child, get a second one before the medical.
  • Varicella - Not routinely given in the UK . A history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam.
  • Influenza - Required during flu season only, October 1 through March 31.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I've been having a real ordeal trying to get these vaccinations sorted.

Went to my Doctor last week and explained the situation, (needing my vaccinations and immunisation records for immigration to the US) I even showed him the visa journey website and the post detailing the requirements. He looked at it for awhile, asked me if I had had chicken pox (which I have) then printed of a sheet and told me to hand it in at reception.

At reception, I was surprisingly booked in for a blood test (which I had this morning). I was in and out in minutes, the nurse didn't seem to know anything about my previous conversation with the doctor.

She said the results would be back in 5 days, at which point I should call the surgery. I feel like I'm back where I started! Am I missing something? Am I not saying the right things? Am I speaking a different language?

I've been having a real ordeal trying to get these vaccinations sorted.

Went to my Doctor last week and explained the situation, (needing my vaccinations and immunisation records for immigration to the US) I even showed him the visa journey website and the post detailing the requirements. He looked at it for awhile, asked me if I had had chicken pox (which I have) then printed of a sheet and told me to hand it in at reception.

At reception, I was surprisingly booked in for a blood test (which I had this morning). I was in and out in minutes, the nurse didn't seem to know anything about my previous conversation with the doctor.

She said the results would be back in 5 days, at which point I should call the surgery. I feel like I'm back where I started! Am I missing something? Am I not saying the right things? Am I speaking a different language?

Maybe he wants to see if you are immune before giving you additional shots. Did they charge you for the test?

Anyway, if you show immunity, it is good for a waiver. Not everything is covered by the titre blood testing. I believe it will cover mumps, measles, rubella, and chickenpox (which you need no written proof of). It will not cover diptheria, tetanus, and pertussis or influenza ( which is not a concern until next flu season in October).

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

bump

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Just to let you know about my experience on the 20th May 2015 - I took along a letter from my GP that stated all of the immunisations that I had - this i knew would be fine, as in 2012 I'd taken the document from the medical site to my doctor, and he injected me with the one or two I had not had.

Here's the WARNING make sure your letter from the doctor has the DATES that you had the injections, or you get told the letter is no good on the day - and like me have a split second decision to take and Man'up and have all the injections in both arms.

I felt a little warm on Thursday......I guess I should just be glad I could sit down ;)

This might seem stupid.. but i haven't even thought about this yet, do CR1 filers need to get these too? Any links on what to get so i can take a trip to my GP as soon as i am back in UK??? :)

Yes, before your interview.

Everybody needs to meet immunization requirements to get a greencard. K1s have the option to delay until they adjust status in the US (apply for greencard). You are essentially interviewing for your visa and greencard at the same time in London so must be marked complete by Knightsbridge.

Adult shots are listed/explained if you scroll up to post #67. Chart is here http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/vaccination-panel-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

So I would like my fiancé to not get to Knightsbridge, all nervous and everything, and be forgetful as to what the form copy they give him should look like properly filled out.

Is there an example somewhere so he knows for sure that it's properly filled out?

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.