cyntek

In-laws failed their interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My in-laws were supposed to get their visa to come to america to see our newborn baby and be a part of our wedding plans this year. But that all went to , when they called to tell me they failed their visa interview.

To make a long story short, i offered to pay for an immigration lawyer to take care of their paperwork. My in-laws said they knew of someone who could take care of it for them. So i let them take care of it. The only thing my in-laws' "guy" from Vietnam said we needed to provide was a letter inviting them to America and for whatever reasons. Personally I thought it was too little. So, I sent them my tax forms, my pay stub, and a letter and that proof of support document. So they received the docs and proceeded with their interview. This vietnamese contact of theirs, basically bullshitted the submissions documents and made it seem like my in-laws were poor people who owned a business, who made 600USD monthly and paid out their employees 600USD monthly. See where the red flags are? My in-laws are hard working blue collard folks who thought and trusted this scammer, so they didnt feel the need to review the documentation as their english is pretty much non-existent. I've heard that the second time they try to interview, their chances of passing are slim to none. And i can understand why.

So, this idiot scam artist from vietnam, gave back half the money they paid out of "remorse". Now, I was hoping to get an immigration lawyer here to do it the CORRECT wat. Anyone have experience with a similar situation? Any advice? Bc I can't have my wedding without them...........

My plan was to gather up all the documentation from this scammer, and do it the right way with MY lawyer. My in-laws can prove their business, home owner, bike and car owners, and have all their immediately family in Vietnam. What I am afraid of, is the embassy will think they tried to scam their way into the US when really it wasn't really their fault. I know the consulate won't buy that story even if I were to show up there face to face and tell them the situation.

I appreciate all advice.

Thank you so much!

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

If you're talking about a visitor's visa, there is nothing any lawyer can do for them. Not even your invitation letter could have swayed things in their favor. When it comes to B visas, the applicants must qualify on their own merits and supporting evidence. Having said that, if they want to reapply they can. They'll have to pay the application fee all over again and if they do so, I'd suggest they go it alone. They do need to bear in mind that if at any point they misrepresented themselves - deliberately or otherwise - it'll be on their record. It won't cost them anything other than money to try again.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

If the previous "guy" that "helped" them with all the paperwork misrepresented anything, the parents still signed the application

and with that are held accountable for the content.

The data will be cross checked so they will compare the previous and future applications.

It made no sense that he put down they make 600 a months and pay employees
600 a month. If you put down different numbers now in such short amount of time they will wonder why.

They have to stand on their own ties, no matter what evidence you yourself supply.

They need to bring all papers that prove strong ties to their country and convince the CO that they will return.(Business, home, immediate family etc)

All they can do is to try again and state as reason to attend your wedding and see their grand child.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you read up what it takes to get a Tourist Visa from Veitnam? Why didn't your spouse help her family fill out the proper paperwork.

Lawyers are not helpful to get a Tourist Visa and this "Friend" seemed like he was freaking idiot........

Did you read up what it takes to get a Tourist Visa from Veitnam? Why didn't your spouse help her family fill out the proper paperwork.

Lawyers are not helpful to get a Tourist Visa and this "Friend" seemed like he was freaking idiot........

unfortunately, we just took our parents' word for it. They said they had under control, so we believed them. Big lessons learned for sure.

I'll admit, we made a mistake to trust anyone preparing paperwork. but it's done. i can't change the past but i can sure help dictate the future.

Thanks for the comments.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

It seems that you are quite angry right now.

You need to understand that visitor visas is about them. You have nothing to do with it. Your tax return, pay stubs, affidavit, etc. are not considered in issuing or denying a visitor visa. The vietnamese guy and you are operating under the incorrect presumption that your stuff matters. A US lawyer can not do anything except fill in the application.

Please research the criteria for issuing visitor visas.

Best of luck.

Chuc mung nam moi.

You may have messed it up ,with all the help & tax papers it smacked of

immigrant intent maybe to the CO....all they needed was to show strong

ties to their country home,car, job papers, then convince the CO they would

return after the wedding, there was not prob in them having a wedding invitation

but tax forms is only required for immigrant visa....hopefully these immigration

helpers told no lies on application, as that would lead to furure probs....Attys

cannot help with tourists visas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have your wedding in Vietnam?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The only thing my in-laws' "guy" from Vietnam said we needed to provide was a letter inviting them to America and for whatever reasons. Personally I thought it was too little. So, I sent them my tax forms, my pay stub, and a letter and that proof of support document.

100% of which is wholly irrelevant to the issuing of a tourist visa. There is no "sponsoring" for one, the embassy doesn't care that someone from the US wants them here, and would your tax forms and pay stubs matter? They're not coming here, supposedly, so you can support them to live. The expectation in issuing one is that they'll be returning in short order.

If they re-apply now and there's sudden large changes to their applications, it's going to open a mighty lot of really good questions as to the why and how the sudden change.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Unfortunately, the Vietnamese way is to ignore advice because we know a guy who can fix things. Then it all goes to pot. Then the request to the American relative to fix it.

I'm Vietnamese. This happens all the time with my relatives.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.