mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello February Filers. Questions to those that have received their approvals. What time of the day the approval updates are getting posted on USCIS website? I keep checking the site frequently.

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Still haven't heard anything... Getting a little nervous after our previous experience not getting approved for 9 months on the K1... Hoping to hear something soon...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So to pass time I just check the USCIS Processing Time on their website and it shows they are processing petitions from January 16, 2014. Up until recently it showed 5 months- anyone know why the huge jump back? I hope it's a mistake and not indicative of a bigger problem.

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

Perhaps I'm speaking out of turn but it is not meant that way. I think that it is probably an error on the website saying they are working on January 2014. People have phoned them and been told they are up to December 2014. Myself and my 2 children were approved just over a week ago and our date was 17th February this year and I have seen several from around that date approved over a couple of weeks. Equally, I have seen many still waiting from a slightly earlier date.

I know it's hard just waiting, especially as you near that 5 month mark but bear in mind that it is only an estimate. If you reach the 5 calendar month date, then call them and ask if they can help you. Just try to relax because worrying about it isn't going to make it happen any faster. A couple of months ago the USCIS website for Nebraska had removed the I130 times for US citizen petitions and only had permanent residents on there. Clearly it was an error and they amended it but it took them a few weeks and everyone panicked then, too.

Nebraska is the designated office for I130 applications so it stands to reason that they will have a higher workload. It's frustrating, yes, but for your own sanity, try to see the bigger picture. This is going to be a year or so out of our lives and after that, we get to live a normal, happy life as a family forever so it's a small price to pay. I do hope you all get approved soon, just try not to tie yourselves up in knots waiting and get as prepared for NVC as you can :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Perhaps I'm speaking out of turn but it is not meant that way. I think that it is probably an error on the website saying they are working on January 2014. People have phoned them and been told they are up to December 2014. Myself and my 2 children were approved just over a week ago and our date was 17th February this year and I have seen several from around that date approved over a couple of weeks. Equally, I have seen many still waiting from a slightly earlier date.

I know it's hard just waiting, especially as you near that 5 month mark but bear in mind that it is only an estimate. If you reach the 5 calendar month date, then call them and ask if they can help you. Just try to relax because worrying about it isn't going to make it happen any faster. A couple of months ago the USCIS website for Nebraska had removed the I130 times for US citizen petitions and only had permanent residents on there. Clearly it was an error and they amended it but it took them a few weeks and everyone panicked then, too.

Nebraska is the designated office for I130 applications so it stands to reason that they will have a higher workload. It's frustrating, yes, but for your own sanity, try to see the bigger picture. This is going to be a year or so out of our lives and after that, we get to live a normal, happy life as a family forever so it's a small price to pay. I do hope you all get approved soon, just try not to tie yourselves up in knots waiting and get as prepared for NVC as you can :)

Well said Helz Belz.

[spoiler]Green card I-130:Wedding date January 16th,2015 I-130 sent: May 5th,2015 NOA1: May 7th, 2015 NOA2: October 23rd,2015 Sent to NVC Nov 3rd, 2015 Received at NVC on the November 9th,2015 NVC sent letter with Case number on December 2nd,2015 DS-261 on December 07th, 2015 Paid AOS fee on December 07th,2015 Paid IV fee on December 12th, 2015 Sent AOS and IV package on December 17th, 2015 Form Ds 260 submitted on December 21, 2015. (Delay due to Ds261 showing incomplete had to resubmit) Scan date: December 21st, 2015 Case complete: January 29th, 2016 Medical examination: March 4th, 2016 Interview: March 17th, 2016 at US Embassy in Paris - Approved ! March 18th, 2016 - CEAC shows visa ISSUED March 24th, 2016 - Visa received this morning Paid ELIS $165 fee + book flight on MArch 24th, 2016 POE Chicago on April 13th, 2016  Received green card on June 8th, 2016[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Removing condition I-751:

Submission: 2/1/2018

NOA 1 Received: 2/5/2018

Biometrics: 5/25/2018

18 month extension letter: 8/20/2018

RFE: 2/3/2019

You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.

Well said Helz Belz.

I'm so glad that came across positively lol I don't want anyone to think I'm heartless, my 1 year old is growing up without her daddy while we wait this whole process out so I do understand how tough it is. But we will all get there. I hope everything is speedy for you, too, KiRilie :) hey you're 2 months down already!

Timeline

Still haven't heard anything... Getting a little nervous after our previous experience not getting approved for 9 months on the K1... Hoping to hear something soon...

Should be soon Bro. hang in there.

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nice words.

I believe it's a mistake but it's surprising to see such a huge step backwards. I'm used to hearing December 2014 or 5 months. My only concern is if for some reason you go past the 5 month estimate, they won't be able to create a service ticket as it's still withing the processing time on their website.

Wish they get it right and not have so many issues. The line for I130's filed by GC holders has disappeared too.

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

Timeline

Thanks very much. You made lot of sense. I filed for my wife with a February 11th priority date and as you know July 11th was my five month mark. So I called my senator and asked them to check on the status for me. Today I received a response. my case is waiting a background clearance. Oh also NSC said they process petition between 5-6 months and because of that we are not able to submit a case inquiry online.

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Nice words.

I believe it's a mistake but it's surprising to see such a huge step backwards. I'm used to hearing December 2014 or 5 months. My only concern is if for some reason you go past the 5 month estimate, they won't be able to create a service ticket as it's still withing the processing time on their website.

Wish they get it right and not have so many issues. The line for I130's filed by GC holders has disappeared too.

Hang in there! You're not at your 5 months yet and I think the estimates from timelines on here are pretty good. I think ours was 140 days so we were fortunate and below the average on here but once we got to about 4 months I started checking the website much more regularly! lol

I see what you mean about the service ticket but have faith, I'm sure it's just an error. You can always phone them if it will put your mind at ease a bit? They do seem to be moving steadily through from the approvals I've seen on other groups so fingers crossed for you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.