feeling_hopeful

2015 Dominican K1 Filers - check in here! Post your progress for future filers! New Process thread!

106 posts in this topic

I hope this will help everyone who is filing for a K1 in the Dominican Republic.

I have called numerous times to confirm parts of the process, and had my Fiance confirm everything with Medical Office in the Dominican Republic.

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE USED FOR POST NOA2 and when NVC says READY - there are a thousand threads about filing for K1 from the beginning.

Begin by filling out your DS-160, it will need to be completed before going to the US Travel Docs website. IP Addresses are logged, be wary of filling it out in the USA. Use Join.me or Remote Desktop to help your Fiance if she has a computer you can connect to.

Log in to the US Travel Docs website and fill out everything until you come to a point where you need to pay the fees.

• Some people have had the option to pay the fees with a Credit Card.
  • Others, like me, have been presented ONLY with an option to pay Banco Popular, in Dominican Pesos. Your Fiance must print this copy and go to Banco Popular to pay in person.
  • At Banco Popular, she will receive a receipt with an account number to enter later.
  • You MUST wait until 11AM (Dominican Time) the NEXT BUSINESS DAY until the website recognizes the account number.
  • IN MY CASE, the website automatically updated with the account number and allowed me to schedule the Interview and VAC days.
  • IF it does NOT UPDATE, or accept your account number - re-print the receipt and look at the amount owed. If it is ANYTHING other than $0.00, your payment has NOT been processed.
  • You can call 1 (703) 988-3410 to schedule an appointment over the phone. From experience, they only schedule appointments and know little else.

OK - you have paid and now are ready to schedule your consular visit (where you must attend) and OFC visit (where your Fiance must get her fingerprints) done.

• Consular Visit - This is where YOU must be with her for the interview, you will be presented with this option FIRST. For me, there were dates as close as 2 weeks, and as far as 6 weeks to schedule the interview.
  • OFC Appointment - This is where you schedule your Fiance for the fingerprinting. It will give you options within 30 days of your interview up to one day prior.

After scheduling, you will be presented with an option to email, print or view your schedule. I'd suggest emailing it to your Fiance, yourself AS WELL AS viewing the page and printing a copy to PDF for later use. The PDF will be better formatted and friendlier on the eyes than the emails are.

This printout can be used to schedule the medical appointment. On the phone my fiance was told 2-3 weeks prior is a good time to go for the medical exam, in case of any delays with paperwork.

You can view the many threads on whatever documents you need to go to the Medical, Interview and VAC appointments.

Please update this thread with your own experiences if you can!

All of us beginner 2015 filers must be the guinea pigs for future couples.

Edited by feeling_hopeful

OMG!!!! You are super helpful!!! My approved k1 was just received by the embassy today.

My question I have for you are as follows:

The first one is my fiancé has to go to banco popular and pay the 265.00. Once she does that, do we go back and pick the convenient date for the interview?

Second. The fingerprinting has to be done prior to the interview or can it be done the same day?

Once I pay the 265.00 what is it I have to print up for the medical?

With the medical I see something where it says for k visas the vaccinations are optional. Is that really the case or does she have to get them regardless? And what if she produces her vaccination records? Will that suffice?

1-your fiancee need fil out ds-160

2-then go to ustraveldocs.com and login and create a profil.

3-print the page with the fee to pay, then go with this page to banco pipular.

4-once you pay ,your fiance go back to the profil at ustraveldocs.com and finish her profil, scheduling her interview at vca and at the consulate.

5-with the page that she print from ustraveldocs.com sge goes to do medical exam.

Answering your questions:

Fingersprints need to be done before interview at the consulate.

Fingersprint are taken at vca.

You dont need go for your letter to know interview date.

your fiancee schedule her interview herself.

About vacines, it is better do it here, it is less expensive.

If she doesnt get vacines here, she needs get them at usa, and at usa vacines are more expensive.

OMG!!!! You are super helpful!!! My approved k1 was just received by the embassy today.

My question I have for you are as follows:

The first one is my fiancé has to go to banco popular and pay the 265.00. Once she does that, do we go back and pick the convenient date for the interview?

Second. The fingerprinting has to be done prior to the interview or can it be done the same day?

Once I pay the 265.00 what is it I have to print up for the medical?

With the medical I see something where it says for k visas the vaccinations are optional. Is that really the case or does she have to get them regardless? And what if she produces her vaccination records? Will that suffice?

Ok. Te pregunto por k trabajo en un unión aquí. El mejor k hay. El seguro k tengo, enseguida k nos casamos , ella las tienes. Entonces solo tienes k hacer una cita para ver el médico para darle todas las vacunas. No hay k pagar por k la unión en k trabajo son lo k le den los beneficios a muchas hospitales y clínicas aquí. So si. Creo, por k estoy gastando mucho en este proceso. También casi manteniéndola ahí de aquí. Sabía k iba ser caro pero para ir a la república por un día me vas costar casi mil dólares.

Oh. Dijiste k ella tiene al imprimir algo para el físico después k ella hace el pago a banco popular. K exactamente vas imprimir? Para k yo sé y le puedo explicarla bien.

Muchas gracias. Lo agradezco demasiado. Y k dios te compañía en tu viaje aquí en mi país

Isaac

First thing it doesnt metter wich seguro you have, if she doesnt take the vacines here, she needs go to one doctor authorized by uscis to do the vacines.

No all doctors can do that for immigrations purposes, only doctors that ucis authorized.

Check on your are wich doctors are autorized by uscis.

In the time i have here reading, all the time people say that vacines are expensive at usa, and that generaly that doctors dont acept secure card.

She is going to print a page before go to banco popular.

She needs fill out ds-160 , then make a prolfil at ustraveldocs.com then print a page to go at banco popular.

After sge go to banco popular, the go back at ustraveldocs and finish the scheduling.

I red your story, it is a beautifull story. :)

Oh. Dijiste k ella tiene al imprimir algo para el físico después k ella hace el pago a banco popular. K exactamente vas imprimir? Para k yo sé y le puedo explicarla bien.

Muchas gracias. Lo agradezco demasiado. Y k dios te compañía en tu viaje aquí en mi país

Isaac

Edited by Ilovemyman

Ok. I was under the impresión that once she gets here that she could see any doctor for the vacación atino once she was here. But thats Ok. Whats another 110.00 for the vaccinations? So tengo k conseguir como 300 y también los 265.00. No hay problemas con eso. Lo adivino como siempre. Gracias a dios k mi trabajo me paga bien.

Yes. It was circumstance how we met. The thing was that my former friend wanted to introduce me to some so women just for fun. I wasn't interested in meeting anyone until a few days later when I met Pamela. I guess I was at the right place at the right time. Lol

Oh. One more question. On USTraveldocs. They ask for the IV case number. Is that my SDO #? Because I tried to enter it and it didn't go through.

Otra vez gracias.

Isaac

Edited by IsaacPamela2015

Iv number is the SDO number, people say that sometimes the number doesnt work, and that you need keep trying until it works.

If you are doing the profil for your fiancee , remember write her adress isntead of your.

You can do her profil and send to her by e-mail the page to print, she print it here and go to pay at banco popular.

I see that you speak spanish, are you dominican origen?

Or are you pure gringo ?

We name gringos to the pure americans jijijiji :)

Ok. I was under the impresión that once she gets here that she could see any doctor for the vacación atino once she was here. But thats Ok. Whats another 110.00 for the vaccinations? So tengo k conseguir como 300 y también los 265.00. No hay problemas con eso. Lo adivino como siempre. Gracias a dios k mi trabajo me paga bien.

Yes. It was circumstance how we met. The thing was that my former friend wanted to introduce me to some so women just for fun. I wasn't interested in meeting anyone until a few days later when I met Pamela. I guess I was at the right place at the right time. Lol

Oh. One more question. On USTraveldocs. They ask for the IV case number. Is that my SDO #? Because I tried to enter it and it didn't go through.

Otra vez gracias.

Isaac

Nací en Nueva York. En el bronx. Mis padres son de Puerto Rico. Mi padrastro es de sabaneta.

Sólo tengo como 8 año hablando mi idioma nativa. Aquí son de la primera generación k saben hablar bien. La segunda y tercera pierden sus raíces y son americanizado. Sólo hablen inglés y lo k hablen español se nota k no lo hablen mucho.

Unos de los buenos k paso con ella y yo era k no hablaba mucho aquí. Aunque seas k se mucho pero hablando con ella diario aprendí mucho mucho. Más como se anota la diferencia de la forma masculino y femenino. Tengo problemas todavía pero me estoy mejorando diario. Se me adelanzo mi vocabulario también. So si, me estas ayudando mucho. También, k soy estudiante de enfermería eso también me ayuda con eso.

Sobre los papeles yo si le estoy ayudando ella llenar y entrar la información. Ella es muy inteligente pero como se dices... Si quieres algo buen hecho, hazlo tu mismo, si?

También ha tratado de entrar el número SDO. Pero dice k no estas listo todavía , aunque el sitio ceac.state.gov dice k mi caso es listo.

Pues. Vamos ver lo k pasas.

De nuevo gracias por todo tu asistencia

Isaac

Ok, eres de origen latino entonces.

Que bueno que estas practicando el idioma.

Cualquier informacion que necesites me puede escribir en mensajes, es un placer ayudar.

Nací en Nueva York. En el bronx. Mis padres son de Puerto Rico. Mi padrastro es de sabaneta.

Sólo tengo como 8 año hablando mi idioma nativa. Aquí son de la primera generación k saben hablar bien. La segunda y tercera pierden sus raíces y son americanizado. Sólo hablen inglés y lo k hablen español se nota k no lo hablen mucho.

Unos de los buenos k paso con ella y yo era k no hablaba mucho aquí. Aunque seas k se mucho pero hablando con ella diario aprendí mucho mucho. Más como se anota la diferencia de la forma masculino y femenino. Tengo problemas todavía pero me estoy mejorando diario. Se me adelanzo mi vocabulario también. So si, me estas ayudando mucho. También, k soy estudiante de enfermería eso también me ayuda con eso.

Sobre los papeles yo si le estoy ayudando ella llenar y entrar la información. Ella es muy inteligente pero como se dices... Si quieres algo buen hecho, hazlo tu mismo, si?

También ha tratado de entrar el número SDO. Pero dice k no estas listo todavía , aunque el sitio ceac.state.gov dice k mi caso es listo.

Pues. Vamos ver lo k pasas.

De nuevo gracias por todo tu asistencia

Isaac

Gracias por todo tu asistencia. Y créeme k si tengo as preguntas, tu si eres la k voy preguntar!!!

Gracias,gracias, gracias por todo. Y suerte con su viaje!!!

Isaac

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I hope you are still in this thread. So I have encountered a little problem. My fiancée went to banco popular today to pay the consulate but they told her they don't take visa payments. K hago ahora? I called the visa consular number today and They told me some one Will email me in 48-72 hours as they aré escalating my situation. Any thoughts on what I should do? I am frustrated

That is strange, because banco popular is the bank to pay the fee, and consulate hasnt changed the bank.

All fee are at banco popular.

I havent heard that they changed that.

Hello. I hope you are still in this thread. So I have encountered a little problem. My fiancée went to banco popular today to pay the consulate but they told her they don't take visa payments. K hago ahora? I called the visa consular number today and They told me some one Will email me in 48-72 hours as they aré escalating my situation. Any thoughts on what I should do? I am frustrated

I dont know where she went, but if you go to the ustravel page you can read the instructions about go to banco popular, so she needs go to another bank, maybe she went to a little bank, sometimes the litle bank doesnt do all the bank services.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.