MktMaven

AOS (Affidavit of Support) Changed to N/A - Does this mean we got the miracle CC?

23 posts in this topic

We are hoping that this will finally be Case Closed for us after getting our NVC Case Number assigned on June 18. Almost 5 long months! I hope it isn't a glitch.

That is good advice I think. I can't wait until the NVC is open in the morning at 7 AM EST time to call them and find out for sure ^_^

Thank you so much! I will update when I have had a chance to speak to the NVC tomorrow. Hopefully they will confirm our joyful expectations!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I thought it just meant they didnt process the documents yet. Mine said N/A before i even mailed AOS and civil docs in.

After you pay our AOS fee it changes to "Paid" status. It is said by many on here when the status changes from "Paid" to "N/A" that means you have a Case Completed so we are hopeful!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Mine says the same thing. It's been like that ever since we paid our fees and sent in our papers about 6-7 weeks ago.

However, every time we call they say it's has not been processed yet.

How do you guys know it has been completed?

Our case is the same. It shows 3 N/As since yesterday. But somebody told me it’s not a sure thing as case complete. I was very excited yesterday and now Im like :crying::crying::crying:

how true is it?

Sept 2011- Met Online

May 16, 2014 - Wedding Date

USCIS

July 13, 2014 - I-130 NOA1 receipt (Nebraska Service Center)

July 30, 2014 - I-130 approved-NOA2 (17 days from NOA1)

NVC

Sep 03, 2014- Case # & IIN received

Nov 13, 2014- Case Complete (9/14/14 & 10/14/14 ; AOS & IV scan date )

EMBASSY

Dec 03, 2014 - Received P4 letter ( interview on Jan 29, 2015 )

Feb 03, 2015 - Visa on hand ( Thank You Lord )

We called the NVC and we are BLESSED..... We have Case Completed!

Good luck to everyone here for your CC as well.

Wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

So would this be also true for my wife and stepson cause I am dying waiting. I cant take it anymore.

CHOICE OF ADDRESS & AGENT (DS-261)
AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (AOS) Role Affidavit of Support Fee Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence
ME
Petitioner/Primary Sponsor N/A N/A
APPLICANT INFORMATION
Status IV Fee IV
Application Civil
Documents
Wife
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT
PAID COMPLETED N/A
CHOICE OF ADDRESS & AGENT (DS-261)
AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (AOS) Role Affidavit of Support Fee Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence
ME
Petitioner/Primary Sponsor N/A N/A
APPLICANT INFORMATION
Status IV Fee IV
Application Civil
Documents
Stepson
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT
PAID COMPLETED N/A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.