Jon York

Interview from HELL!

82 posts in this topic

I'm very very happy for you guys that you were able to get approved in the end. Our interview had some red flags, but it was nothing like that. I would NOT have been able to comport myself in the way that your fiancee did, I would have reacted very negatively.

The fact that she cried in the end shows that she is only human, but to endure such a horrible interview like that, I can tell she is very strong. This is why I keep repeating that something HAS TO BE DONE about the arbitrary power that these CO's posses. It is UNACCEPTABLE to treat people like this.

Every time I hear stories like these I get this knot in my stomach imagining ourselves going through that, I honestly wouldn't think I could handle it. My cousin's wife passed out in the middle of their interview, I think she suffers from low blood sugar or something, I can't remember. Imagine someone with a heart condition or something going through that.

I'm glad everything worked out for you guys and hopefully you won't EVER have to go through that again. The best of luck to you guys and congratulations!

This does not constitute legal advice.

wow,,, thanks u sooo much for sharing your beauitfull story really i enjoy it alot ,, i readout word to word and i enjoy it alot i swear ,, thanks u soooo much again ,,, such a great detail and such greatfull explation ur story ,,

please tell me CO sponsor your fiancee which one form she bring to islamabad embassy I134 or I-864?

please help me about that

becoz USC fiancee jobless kindly help me i will waiting for ur reply

best of luck my dear

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

OP has a highly unusual case. So not that surprising.

But ended well.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good grief. After reading this, I feel like I need to start coaching my fiance. . .

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Morocco

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This is the best interview review ever. Those officers should be fired.

First part, agree. Second part, disagree in toto. They were doing their jobs, because of the red flags, and she overcame all.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My fiancee just had the harshest interview in Islamabad that I’ve ever read about!

Congratulations, Jon.

Had I known the Christian angle prior, I would have been happy to prep you for this grilling.

Maybe. My life's been weird this year, so maybe not.

Still - Gods Blessings on you two - I'm happy she passed !

[note to others - Christian in Pakistan is a persecuted, minority group and the COs there are not well versed in how to handle things, always attempting to apply the Muslim standard]

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What a wonderful story to read, I did not want it to end!

Thank God, it ended very well, Please keep us informed as your case progresses, you have probably become "the darlings" of this site!

Good Luck, and a speedy process to its conclusion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations, Jon.

Had I known the Christian angle prior, I would have been happy to prep you for this grilling.

Maybe. My life's been weird this year, so maybe not.

Still - Gods Blessings on you two - I'm happy she passed !

[note to others - Christian in Pakistan is a persecuted, minority group and the COs there are not well versed in how to handle things, always attempting to apply the Muslim standard]

Darnell, I wish I had known to ask you! And you're totally right - they were attempting to force the Muslim standards on her. But even Christians in Pakistan for the most part go with the arranged marriage customs. So... it was unusual either way. She's blessed to have parents who normally follow the marriage customs but are willing to be a little more Western in their outlook as well. Their other children had traditional marriages, but they were very open to doing things differently in this case!

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.