Weston3220

registered importer (BC Canada) info

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So went the RI way and its now complete

Used Quality Auto Center LLC office is in bellvue the Us Contact is Allen, Canadian contact is sandy who lives in white rock

Allen Almassi
Managing Director
Quality Auto Center LLC
425-445-3395 direct

Just to give you some info from what I was told and what sandy the RI found out as there company exports to USA tons of cars a year.

If you are doing RI (because toy can't get compliance) then car needs to be imported separately from K1 because of how US customs system is set up and how importing a car is setup you don't want to lose your one time entry. The guards told me (which was from what sandy found out talking to others wrong) so because you need to go into personal border crossing and your car sits on Canadian land as your car has to go through commercial through where the trucks cross you would lose K1 status

But because they drive across get stamp and come back takes an hour, it makes your drive to us the day you cross with K1 simple so that's the bonus

My car was declared value of 19000usd my total bill including RI fee, duty, broker fee and some others were 1600usd, which I think is fair (uhaul and or shipping my homwe items would of cost 1500-2000)

So that's shat I found out and what needs to be done

For conformatiy I needed to install a tire pressure monitoring system

Edited by Weston3220

Vancouver Canada to San Diego [Rancho Bernardo to be exact]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the info....i assume that the costs above does not include California state fees? ( inspection, emissions, registration )?

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Timeline

yeah doesnt cover Cali Fee just the Customs, maybe ill update it in a month or two once I get Cali fees for Car [not including my driver test etc]

yeah posted this just for people googling and will get a contact number and name who know what they are doing Lol

How do you find a registered importer? I live in Saskatchewan and am still unsure if its better to sell or try to import (have a hyundai accent and they do not provide american compliance letters).

Thanks!

M

PS- got approved today .... amg so much to do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How do you find a registered importer? I live in Saskatchewan and am still unsure if its better to sell or try to import (have a hyundai accent and they do not provide american compliance letters).

Thanks!

M

Congrats on the Approval

Its possible you can do this yourself

www.ezbordercrossing.com/the-inspection-experience/import-a-vehicle/importing-vehicle-from-canada/#.U78lH_ldVZs

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Also here is the specific info given to me by Hyundai when I asked about it:

As the manufacturer, Hyundai Auto Canada can only provide a compliance letter which states that your vehicle complies to all “Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (CMVSS) and Canadian Emissions Standards”, not “US FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards)”. This is because your vehicle was manufactured for the Canadian market and not for that of the United States, or any other country. Each country’s Motor Vehicle Administration has a list of standards to which manufactured vehicles for the specific country need to be compliant with.

In order to confirm that your vehicle is compliant with all US FMVSS, you will have to have the vehicle inspected by a Registered Importer in the United States. We would suggest contacting the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to obtain a list of Registered Importers in the United States who can easily inspect the vehicle and advise on the next steps. We have attached a list of Registered Importers to this email for your convenience. If you require additional information regarding the importation of your Canadian vehicle, we invite you to visit the following websites: http://www.epa.gov/oms/imports and http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safevehicles-importation-index-443.htm. Please note that the Canadian Compliance Letter is still useful since it indicates that there are no open recalls on the vehicle. This is something that either the US border or the State registry may require proof of.

Timeline

Thanks!

M

I think if an accent I'd sell, and buy in USA as importing and registering will cost a couple thounsand you'd have to search for Saskatchewan for borderingtstates I called number of places before I found this one in Washington/bc

Edited by Weston3220

I think if an accent I'd sell, and buy in USA as importing and registering will cost a couple thounsand you'd have to search for Saskatchewan for borderingtstates I called number of places before I found this one in Washington/bc

Yeah that is prob what I will end up doing ... spent a considerable amount of time looking into it today and I think it will just be cheaper selling and finding something in the US when I actually need a vehicle to do whatever. My car only has 25000 km on it and I bought it new in 2007 (I hate driving) so i am hoping it won't be too difficult to get rid of.

Thank you Weston! :)

Melissa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.