KARMK

January 2014 TSC Filers

2,195 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone!

So! My Senator contacted me today. They have been on TSC for about a week and a half. As soon as they received my privacy release form and NOA1, they set out on TSC like piranhas! My Senator's office called and told me that my case had been pulled and was in transit to an officer. I said "Dont be fooled!" They probably say that to Senators to let them know something is moving with my case...when in reality, they either lost it or can't find it. She called again 4 days later (Monday).....they told the same story "in transit to an officer." When my Senator told me this, I laughed and said, "WOW! His desk must be VERY far away for it to travel 4 days to a desk!! Maybe he's in another state hahaha". My Senator sent them an e-mail yesterday (Tuesday) and DEMANDED they process my application expeditiously since it is one month overdue. They are calling TSC back today to follow-up on the e-mail. I really love my Senator's office....they are so helpful.

She also explained not to bother with the call center. When Senators call the USCIS, they speak to Congressional Senators WITHIN THE USCIS!!!! They dont talk to reps or officers! So the call centers dont have the same information as those guys (Congressional Senators of the USCIS) do. Hope this information helps!

#GoTeamSenators! #EastCoastRepresent!

Hey! That's so awesome to hear!

Can I ask which senator you got in contact with? My fiance contacted Senator Blumenthal last week, and we had just this second received an email and phone call to say they are working on our case with USCIS (should hear back within 1-2 weeks).

Best of luck!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

my case was recieved jan 6 2014

jan 10 2014 alien registration changed

still no word on anything......does anyone know when i possibly will recieve a NOA2?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey! That's so awesome to hear!

Can I ask which senator you got in contact with? My fiance contacted Senator Blumenthal last week, and we had just this second received an email and phone call to say they are working on our case with USCIS (should hear back within 1-2 weeks).

Best of luck!!

Thanks!!! I contacted both Senator Blumenthal and Senator Murphy. Senator Blumenthal assigned my case to a woman who was sooo rude! When I told her about CSC and how they are processing faster and the discrepancies between TSC and CSC, she told me "Well CSC doesn't concern you...." and when I told her how I filed January 9th and its past the 5 months....I got the "well, I GUESS I can contact them, but you're still within the processing time". THAT'S when I contacted Senator Murphy's office. Senator Murphy's office assigned me to an AMAZING person who called and e-mailed the SAME DAY when she got my Privacy release and NOA1. We talked and she was livid that it was taking so long and that it wasn't right that CSC was processing faster, and how the website is lying, and we can't get answers through the number of USCIS. She then contacted TSC and found out my file was pulled. She called them back 4 days later...(this past Monday)...sent an e-mail to them (yesterday) DEMANDING they process my case expeditiously since it was, indeed, past the 5 month mark, and she wrote to say she is following up with a phone call today in regards to her e-mail and contacting me tomorrow with updates. Murphy's office has done TONS more than Blumenthal's!

Good luck to you guys as well!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks!!! I contacted both Senator Blumenthal and Senator Murphy. Senator Blumenthal assigned my case to a woman who was sooo rude! When I told her about CSC and how they are processing faster and the discrepancies between TSC and CSC, she told me "Well CSC doesn't concern you...." and when I told her how I filed January 9th and its past the 5 months....I got the "well, I GUESS I can contact them, but you're still within the processing time". THAT'S when I contacted Senator Murphy's office. Senator Murphy's office assigned me to an AMAZING person who called and e-mailed the SAME DAY when she got my Privacy release and NOA1. We talked and she was livid that it was taking so long and that it wasn't right that CSC was processing faster, and how the website is lying, and we can't get answers through the number of USCIS. She then contacted TSC and found out my file was pulled. She called them back 4 days later...(this past Monday)...sent an e-mail to them (yesterday) DEMANDING they process my case expeditiously since it was, indeed, past the 5 month mark, and she wrote to say she is following up with a phone call today in regards to her e-mail and contacting me tomorrow with updates. Murphy's office has done TONS more than Blumenthal's!

Good luck to you guys as well!!!

Oh wow, that's great to hear! Thanks for the info! I'm going to get my fiancé to fill out Murphy's contact form and see if we can get in touch. Our NOA1 date is 4th Feb, so we're only just over the 5 month mark, but I hope we both receive something before the beginning of August!

Also, I just noticed, you're or your fiancé is from Branford! I was working there last year, and living in New Haven for 5months. Awesome restaurants in Branford! :-)

Timeline

Oh wow, that's great to hear! Thanks for the info! I'm going to get my fiancé to fill out Murphy's contact form and see if we can get in touch. Our NOA1 date is 4th Feb, so we're only just over the 5 month mark, but I hope we both receive something before the beginning of August!

Also, I just noticed, you're or your fiancé is from Branford! I was working there last year, and living in New Haven for 5months. Awesome restaurants in Branford! :-)

Yes! Contact Senator Murphy because I told them that ALL of Connecticut gets processed at TSC. Hopefully you get assigned to the nice woman I have working on my case! Having 2 Senators might be better than 1, lol. :D YES! I live in Branford, originally from Madison (still on the Shoreline of CT). It's beautiful and we do have some nice restaurants. I take it since you lived in New Haven, you also tried Pepe's Pizza? Very famous! :) I was hoping my fiance who lives in Romania would have been here by May....late June at the latest, so he could participate in the fireworks here, but now I am pushing for the end of August. I work at a school, and would like to fly there to Romania for the interview, so if I can do it during the summer, that would be even better as opposed to beginning of a school year.

FINGERS CROSSED! Let me know if you hear anything, Jessica!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Filed an e-request a week ago and below is the response:

"The status of this service request is:

An A-number was assigned to the beneficiary resulting in the case status update reflecting an A-number change."

:ranting: :ranting::ranting:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

An A-number was assigned to the beneficiary resulting in the case status update reflecting an A-number change."

good someone is working on your case now,great feeling

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

good someone is working on your case now,great feeling

No.

To my understanding, A-number was assigned to the beneficiary as soon as they received your I-129F.

In other words, they basically told me nothing but to wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

No.

To my understanding, A-number was assigned to the beneficiary as soon as they received your I-129F.

In other words, they basically told me nothing but to wait.

. No you r wrong. Someone is working on your case. You should hear sth shortly?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got the exact same response. I called in to tell them that the response I received didn't tell me anything new. The response I got from the USCIS agent was, "well that is the best they can tell you".

I then asked that its unfair for us to have an estimation that is no where near the actual times because we only have 3 months to get married and bookings for venue have to be done 1 year in advanced. She said, "this is the most up to date information I have".

I swear, its like talking to robots would probably be more productive.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

I tried 2nd tier of support again today to see if there is an update. I was told that my case is still on hold due to security checks and they cannot tell me how long it might take since they are not responsible for security checks. Sounds like a perfect excuse since they don't even have a processing time for security checks. :(

01/14/14 I -129F Petition sent
01/17/14 Petition received
01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC
06/23/14 Service Request created after congressional inquiry
07/03/14 Email from USCIS - our case is on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/04/14 No update from USCIS. Filed a case with CIS Ombudsman
08/05/14 Senators/Congresswoman cannot help with my case because security checks are pending
08/05/14 Another Service Request created by Tier 2 since no response from TSC.
08/18/14 Email from USCIS in response to second service request - still on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/21/14 NOA2 (finally after 7 months)

08/25/14 Email from USCIS - approved case shipped to NVC on 8/22/14

09/02/14 Case received by NVC

09/04/14 Case # assigned by NVC

09/05/14 In transit to the Embassy

09/09/14 Case received by Tbilisi Embassy - ready for interview

09/17/14 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!
09/24/14 POE :D

10/31/14 Married :devil:

11/05/14 Filed for Adjustment of Status

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

01/29/15 Combo card arrived in the mail

02/25/15 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver received in the mail

07/09/15 Green Card approved on USCIS site

07/13/15 Notice received in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Today my fiance contacted senator Bill Nelson, Jr. Senator Marco Rubio and Congressman Steve Southerland (Florida). Hope to hear response from any of them soon! :clock: It's been 5.5 months since NOA-1 for us...#GoTSC

Edited by Tonester

K-1 visa, TSC:

NOA-1 - January 24, 2014

NOA-2 - July 25, 2014

Case shipped to NVC (Department of State actually) - July 31, 2014

Paper copy of NOA-2 received - August 2, 2014

NVC Case Creation Date - August 11, 2014 (as it says on CEAC website)

NVC Ready Status - August 18, 2014

Administrative Processing status - August 28, 2014

Medical - September 8, 2014

Interview - September 12, 2014 . Approved!!! :dancing:

Visa in hand - September 17, 2014

Flight to the USA - October 1, 2014

Wedding - December 6, 2014 (L)

Adjustment of Status:

Documents sent - April 12,2015

USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (email, text) - April 27,2015

Biometrics for AOS - May 20, 2015

RFE in the mail - May 23,2015

Biometrics for EAD (yep, sh*t happens) - June 23,2015

Notice of approval for EAD in mail - June 30,2015

EAD in mail - July 13, 2015

Avance Parole in mail - July 24,2015

Ready to schedule for interview - July 20, 2015

USCIS letter with interview date - August 22,2015

AOS interview date - September 24,2015

Approved! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Welcome letter in mail - September 29,2015

Green card in mail - October 2, 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

A May filer was approved on TSC, I've read it on May filers topic and he/she is sure they're from TSC. It's so unfair that you guys are waiting and someone from May gets approved. I don't know what's going on with TSC anymore...

K1 Journey: AOS Journey:

March 25, 2014: I-129f sent. April 16, 2015: Date filed.

April 1, 2014: NOA1 received & check cashed. April 22, 2015: NOA received.
April 2, 2014: Alien Registration Number changed.
Sep 16, 2014: NOA2 - Petition approved!
Sep 23, 2014: Case shipped to NVC.

Oct 01, 2014: Case arrived at NVC.

Oct 03, 2014: Got our case number!

Oct 06, 2014: Left NVC.

Oct 17, 2014: At the Embassy.

Oct 22, 2014: Packet 3 received.

Nov 03, 2014: Packet 3 sent.

Nov 11, 2014: Medical examination.

Dec 2, 2014: Packet 4 received.

Dec 8, 2014: Interview! (Approved!!!)

Dec 10, 2014: Visa received!!!

Jan 22, 2015: US Entry!

Feb 22, 2015: Happily ever after! :-)

April 16, 2015: Filed Adjustment of STatus.

April 22, 2015: AOS NOA received.

May 14, 2015: Biometrics appointment.

October 09, 2015: AOS approved!

September 05, 2017: Lifting conditions filed.

Timeline

Two of them actually... :-/

I can understand the system has flaws... but in USCIS's case, the system is the flaw.

File sent - May 1st
NOA1 - May 9th
Transferred - August 8th
NOA2 - September 11th

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.