codie

medical again in USA due to incomplete vaccination record ?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

WE are filing for my AOS, but i have an incomplete vaccination record,i couldnt get the MMR done due to the measles epidemic and stocks running out.The Doctor in Knightsbridge wrote on the vaccination record why i hadnt had it done.so i had the first of the shots done at my doctors before i left,and this week i had the second shot done here in the US ( $125) at an appointed doctors,BUT he wouldnt fill out the form for vaccinations for the AOS unless i had the full medical again,he wasnt interested in the vaccination record from Knightbridge or from my own UK doctors printout,or the receipt that i had paid to have it done in Knightbridge,or the guidance notes for the I 485 and what it says about K1 visa applicants who have already had a medical,he insisted that unless i have a full medical he wouldnt complete the form even with a now complete vaccination record,i asked how much for the medical and he didnt know how much it would cost yet ?? So im going again for the full medical with gritted teeth because without him and his 'help' and of course crossing his palms with silver , (maybe both palms ) i cant file for AOS. Anyone got any advice ? sympathy ? free beer ?

So be warned !!!!! get the vaccinations done in very good time before the medical in Dear Old England, its free and my UK doctor even wrote a letter for free . Dont risk having to see an american doctor for vaccinations,they have dollar signs in their eyes and it looks like im going to have to pay again. I will try to be nice and calm on the day,i will try not to argue this time either,or my blood pressure will be high,and i need his filled out form !!

Try to find another CS who will do the vaccination transcription only. There is a thread in the AOS-from K-1 forum called "Civil Surgeons who don't rip you off" that has reports of CS's who know about and feel comfortable doing the transcription only.

It's too late now, but you probably could have gotten the MMR for free from your county health clinic.

Edit: Here is the thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

Edit 2: Do you live near Bethesda?

Maryland

City/Town: Bethesda, MD
Called 01/04/10
CS Name: Dr. Polly Steinberg
CS Tel. No: (301) 907-9550 (4905 Del Ray Avenue, Suite 302, Bethesda, MD 20814)
Cost: $30 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)
Vaccine Transcription only available: y

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Really sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with the civil surgeon. I had to have my MMR done over here as although I had it years ago in the UK they couldn't find it in my medical records!! I had to call around lots of civil surgeons before I found one who would just give me the MMR and complete the vaccine record without a full medical. One civil surgeon I called even accused me of asking them to do something illegal, as according to them filling out the vaccine record without having a full medical would be breaking the law!!!! laughing.gif

I am going to be in the same boat so even though it's crazy-aggravating for us all, it's nice to hear from others about it! I too couldn't get the MMR at medical (exactly same as original post) so am getting them through my GP now (for free) whilst I am starting to wrap up my life in the UK.

Plattsburgh, NY, where I am moving, has 2 civil surgeons in town so I am praying one of them will sign off on the vaccination sheet for me!

Best of luck all x

AOS // 12 months 3 days
April 13, 2014 NOA1 - April 16, 2015 Approved

April 27, 2015 Greencard received

K-1 // 8 months
Feb 22, 2013 NOA1 - Oct 23, 2013 London Interview
March 18, 2014 Married

I have just filed AoS and have only got 1 MMR shot on my vacc record from Knightsbridge, however as i understand it you only have to have the correct shots which were applicable at the time of the medical. I could only have 1 MMR and TD as that is what was medically correct at that time. I will see what happens!!

I have just filed AoS and have only got 1 MMR shot on my vacc record from Knightsbridge, however as i understand it you only have to have the correct shots which were applicable at the time of the medical. I could only have 1 MMR and TD as that is what was medically correct at that time. I will see what happens!!

That should work for you if the waiver box is ticked "insufficient time interval". The problem with the OP is there are zero MMR jabs on his DS-3025 if I understand his post. The one from his GP came after the medical exam. By the time he saw a civil surgeon, enough time had passed where it was medically okay to have the second dose. So the waiver of "insufficient time interval" didn't apply. There is a 4 week wait between doses. The waiver for the second dose is given if four weeks haven't passed since the first dose when you see a panel physician or civil surgeon for an exam.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

i had the medical one of the appointed doctors here in this area,it was the second shot of MMR,the first shot i had at my doctors in the UK after knightsbridge,,here he charged me $125 and obviously it was free in yorkshire,After tuesdays arguement with him about having to have the full medical again and me explaining i had a K1 visa so i had had the medical and i only needed the MMR and needed him to sign that all was now in order, he relented on wednesday and said he had made a phone call and i wouldnt have to have the full medical ( told you so thoughts came to my mind ),he had gaven me the 2nd shot ( he didnt question the 1st shot ) and he filled out my details on page one,and filled in the vaccination record and he signed i signed,he gave me a sealed envelope ( i hope the plain everyday envelope is ok ) and also copies for us,but..he insisted on giving me a flu jab too which he didnt put on the form we have,i didnt think that was a requirement ?,i didnt argue this time because my wife was tapping my knee and giving me the look of ''dont say a word more''.,he charged $70 for the flu jab,so in all it cost me $195,i wish i had read about others advice first on VJ before going to him.The thing is,either he tried to overcharge me or he didnt know the rules ?? All in all it all could have been avoided if only i had got the shots done well before the medical in London

Influenza shots are required at exams between Oct 1 and March 31. Yes you needed it and it should be marked on your form going to USCIS or you have not met the requirements. However if March 31 passes and nobody has worked on your case by then, it will no longer be flu season and they will not require it at that time.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Costco are doing flu shots for $14.99 this year and you don't have to be a member to use their pharmacy.

Timeline

chuffin ell Nik the pillock hasnt ticked the flu jab box on the form and we sent the package this morning !! this is the second time somebody screwed up,do you remember when they sent me the letter months ago saying to send what forms before the interview and you said it was a spousal letter i got and not a fiance K1 visa letter,and suggested i ignore the letter and send in what it says on the immigration website, you thought maybe it was a summer intern that did it ? they sent me a 2nd letter 3 weeks afterwards,the correct one ! seems to me that they should be reading more on VJ too.I suppose i will have to wait now or i could send in the receipt for the flu jab payment ?

chuffin ell Nik the pillock hasnt ticked the flu jab box on the form and we sent the package this morning !! this is the second time somebody screwed up,do you remember when they sent me the letter months ago saying to send what forms before the interview and you said it was a spousal letter i got and not a fiance K1 visa letter,and suggested i ignore the letter and send in what it says on the immigration website, you thought maybe it was a summer intern that did it ? they sent me a 2nd letter 3 weeks afterwards,the correct one ! seems to me that they should be reading more on VJ too.I suppose i will have to wait now or i could send in the receipt for the flu jab payment ?

Well just in case you get an RFE, I would ask the doctor to prepare and sign a new form including ALL the shots and let you check it before they seal it up. Do it now while you are fresh in his memory. His mistake so don't pay. Then keep it to send if you get an RFE. It has to be properly filled out on the form, not a receipt. But don't send the new form separately. Wait and send if you get an RFE or take to an interview if you have one.( Not everybody has an interview.)

Edit--and get a new photocopy before they seal it up, even if your wife taps your knee to shut you up. Make him get it right. You paid a lot for his service.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.