TexasStar

F2A and pregnancy

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello good people!

I am looking for advice on one metter, I'll start researching it by miself but still to ask in case somebody knows.

What happens if during the F2A process the beneficery become pregnant and had a infant baby?

Let's say during waiting for current number in NVC - on this step in case retrogression happens.

Do the petitioner have to file second petition?

Thanks in advance,

TexasStar

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No.

Derivative children are allowed in the F2A category. The infant will immigrate with the mother. No need to file i-130 for the child.

You must inform NVC right away regarding the child. Email NVC together with a scanned copy of the child's birth certificate. Get the child a passport too ASAP. You will need to pay the child's IV fee and the child be counted on your i864 (Affidavit of Support).

Timeline

Apple21,

but my child doesn't have passport :-) It it 2d month pregnancy :-)

My question is in case retrogression happens now, and the child is born outside the US, does the child needs petition?

Thanks,

TexasStar

Edited by TexasStar

Timeline

how about my case my baby just born on sept.21 we got approval too and just waiting for our case no.i just have to send the bc of my baby to them correct me if im wrong since shes my derivative,..thanks and waiting for ur answer :)

Timeline

Congratulation on your pregnancy texasstar, when is your pd? If your baby born outside usa just called nvc let them know.

I'm pregnant 6weeks too, I'm hoping my interview will run smooth and my baby will be born in usa.

Hey n4th4ly4,

I wish you happy & healty pregnancy, that's the most important, docs are after that :-)

Great, then in case there is regression and the baby is born outside States, I'll let them know,

Do I have to let them now that the beneficiary is pregnant?

Timeline

how about my case my baby just born on sept.21 we got approval too and just waiting for our case no.i just have to send the bc of my baby to them correct me if im wrong since shes my derivative,..thanks and waiting for ur answer smile.png

Yes you need to inform NVC about the baby. Send a scanned copy of of the baby's NSO birth certificate.

NVC will require the baby's original NSO birth certificate and passport photocopy as part of the baby's civil documents which will be mailed to them after paying the IV fee.

Timeline

Thanks, Apple21, git it! Thanks for your answers!!!

You will only inform NVC once the baby is born.

Timeline

So what happens when the I-130 is still pending and the baby is born - and the applicant becomes USC from LPR? Will the baby be eligible for F2A or CR2/IR2 since the applicant becomes USC?

Maybe you mean when the PETITIONER becomes a USC and upgrades the petition to IR/CR?

If that happens, the USC petitioner needs to file a separate i-130 for the child. The child will no longer be a derivative as derivatives are not allowed in the IR/CR category.

No, Apple 21, that is incorrect.

Calvm, whether ure a US citizen or LPR at the time, the baby will be able to travel to The US with mum as long as the documents are submitted.

In fact, once you become a US citizen, the baby will be eligible for US citizenship as well. The paper work can be filed at the embassy in ure country after baby is born so he/she can receive their US passport. ~~~

:energy:I am the beneficiary :energy:

h5Wpm5.png

event.png

event.png

Apr 18, 2014 ~ Date of Marriage (City Hall - New York, NY USA) (L)(F)(L)

USCIS

Jun 02, 2014 - I -130 package mailed to Chicago Lockbox via USPS (Priority Mail)

Jun 04, 2014 - I -130 package delivered

Jun 05, 2014 - PRIORITY DATE B-)

Jun 08, 2014 - NOA1 (USCIS acceptance confirmation via e-mail)/package routed to VSC

Jun 12, 2014 - NOA1 (hard copy)

Mar 24, 2015 - Transfer Notice (e-mail)

Mar 28, 2015 - Transfer Notice. Case transferred to California Service Center (regular mail)

Mar 31, 2015 - NOA2 (e-mail) Yipppiiiieeeee!!! :dancing::dance:

Apr 04, 2015 - NOA2 (regular mail)

NVC

Apr 27, 2015 - NVC received case

May 12, 2015 - Affidavit of Support (AOS) Fee invoiced

May 15, 2015 - NVC Welcome Letter (regular mail)

May 26, 2015 - DS-261 (Choice of Agent Form) submitted

May 26, 2015 - AOS Fee paid (Staus: In Process)

May 27, 2015 - AOS Fee (Staus: Paid)

Aug 12, 2015 - IV Fee paid (Staus: In Process)

Aug 14, 2015 - IV Fee (Staus: Paid)

Aug 27, 2015 - I-864 EZ filled out

Aug 27, 2015 - DS 260 submitted

Aug 28, 2015 - AOS and IV packages mailed to NVC

Aug 31, 2015 - NVC receives AOS and IV packages

Sep 03, 2015 - NVC confirms they rec'd packages (e-mail)

Timeline

No, Apple 21, that is incorrect.

Calvm, whether ure a US citizen or LPR at the time, the baby will be able to travel to The US with mum as long as the documents are submitted. Nope. IR/CR category does not allow derivative children, a separate i-130 must be filed for the spouse and the child. For F2A category, derivatives children are allowed.

In fact, once you become a US citizen, the baby will be eligible for US citizenship as well. The paper work can be filed at the embassy in ure country after baby is born so he/she can receive their US passport. ~~~ Yes, this is called CRBA (Consular Report of Birth Abroad). Certain residency requirements should be met before US citizenship can be transmitted to the child. Check the CRBA requirements at the US Embassy website of the country where your child is born to get the list of requirements.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.