16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello,

on may 9th our petition was approved ,when we applied for K1 visa I was in Dubai but then I had to move to Turkey about 3 months ago.after the approval we contacted NV and Emailed them several times and asked them to change the Embassy for us but each time they asked us to call laster and when we last contacted them 3 days ago they said that our package was already sent to the U.S embassy in Abu dhabi !!!

they said that we have to contact the embassy and ask them to do so but they don't answer calls and just accept Emails,we have already mailed them but no reply yet crying.gif ... I'm so desperate ... is there anyone here who knows what I should do? how long it'll take to forward our case from Abu dhabi to Ankara??? please HELP!!!

event.png

event.png
event.png

first met in person in July 2012 in Dubai

[October 2012] He traveled to Dubai to see me for the second time

[March-April 2013] we saw each other again in Turkey /Istanbul

[may 9th 2013]we saw each other again in Istanbul ,on the same day we received NOA2 heart.gifheart.gif

Hello,

on may 9th our petition was approved ,when we applied for K1 visa I was in Dubai but then I had to move to Turkey about 3 months ago.after the approval we contacted NV and Emailed them several times and asked them to change the Embassy for us but each time they asked us to call laster and when we last contacted them 3 days ago they said that our package was already sent to the U.S embassy in Abu dhabi !!!

they said that we have to contact the embassy and ask them to do so but they don't answer calls and just accept Emails,we have already mailed them but no reply yet crying.gif ... I'm so desperate ... is there anyone here who knows what I should do? how long it'll take to forward our case from Abu dhabi to Ankara??? please HELP!!!

Hi,

I was in a similar situation once in a similar situation. I was in London then I moved to Dubai. But I managed to change my embassy from London to Dubai. After my case number was generated, I had to send them the instructions to change the embassy from London to Dubai in the post. Call NVC and ask them about the address that you would need to send the letter to. It takes about 2 weeks to get the embassy changed from the day they recieve the letter.

Timeline

Thanks a lot for the reply ,just 2 weeks? where do I have to send the letter to, U.S embassy in Abu dhabi or Ankara? did you send the letter to Dubai or London?

I'm sorry for asking too many questions ,just want to get it right.

Edited by solrowl

event.png

event.png
event.png

[may 9th 2013]we saw each other again in Istanbul ,on the same day we received NOA2 heart.gifheart.gif

Thanks a lot for the reply ,just 2 weeks? where do I have to send the letter to, U.S embassy in Abu dhabi or Ankara? did you send the letter to Dubai or London?

I'm sorry for asking too many questions ,just want to get it right.

Not a problemr. The petitioner (my wife) sent a a letter to NVC. My wife resides in US. So I did not send lette to Dubai or London Embassy. If you have any questions please ask.

Timeline

Thank you THANK YOU... it's such a relief to get answers to our questions.

when your wife sent the letter to NVC was your case already forwarded to London, or you did it before it was forwarded?

event.png

event.png
event.png

Thank you THANK YOU... it's such a relief to get answers to our questions.

when your wife sent the letter to NVC was your case already forwarded to London, or you did it before it was forwarded?

Well the first case number that was assigned to us began with LND( as in London) and I am assuming that they might have generated the case number prior to sending of the documents to the embassy. But once they changed the embassy my case number was changed from LND to ABD(Abu Dhabi). I do not think it would be an issue for NVC to divert your case to Ankara embassy. Inshallah everything will be fine do not worry :)

Timeline

yes our case number starts with ABD and the problem is that they told us that they have already sent our documents to Abu dhabi... THANKS YOU SO VERY MUCH smile.png you were really helpful... we are going to call NVC on tuseday since it's a holiday on monday,my fiance also decided to contact his local congressman and hopefully everything will be fine soon.

event.png

event.png
event.png

yes our case number starts with ABD and the problem is that they told us that they have already sent our documents to Abu dhabi... THANKS YOU SO VERY MUCH smile.png you were really helpful... we are going to call NVC on tuseday since it's a holiday on monday,my fiance also decided to contact his local congressman and hopefully everything will be fine soon.

Yes I believe a phone to NVC will resolve this issue, but obviously your fiance would have to send a letter to NVC informing them about the change of consulate. It may not take more than two weeks for your case to be transferred to Ankaara. If I could be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me :).

Timeline

I'm just happy that I started this topic and you replied, you are really helpful... THANKS AGAIN. I wish the best of luck for you and your wife smile.png we will contact NVC on Tuesday and I will definitely write about the result here.

event.png

event.png
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are having similar issues with NVC sending our case to US Embassy post in Manila when I-129F form stated Hong Kong (HK). Hence, since NVC already sent the packet, We needed the US Embassy post HK to request the transfer in writing to the US Embassy in Manila. Essentially, we faxed a letter to the US Embassy in Hong Kong with supporting document (NVC letter with MNL case #, HK ID & Work Visa, and not requested but provided, HK Employment Contract) to transfer case from Manila to Hong Kong. We are presently awaiting word from US Embassy in HK on the successful transfer; otherwise, we wait, again .... So basically, NVC wiped their hands clean, and required us to perform further steps to transfer the case between two US Embassy a sea away from each other. arggh!

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that you have the same problem .... NVC is never helpful when it comes to these issues!!!!mad.gif my Fiance contacted his local congressman and we are waiting for him to contact the U.S. embassy in Ankara and ask them to send the transfer request to the U.S. embassy in Abu dhabi. STILL WAITING cray5ol.gif please let us know when your case is successfully transferred. wish you the best of luck.

event.png

event.png
event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, we are Experiencing same thing. Got an email from Madrid embassy that our package was sent on May 23 to the London embassy. Haven't heard anything yet from London embassy.... How did you find the congressman to help? Does that work? Should we be concerned?

Thanks for any advice!

Positive thinking!

Timeline

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that there are many of us facing this problem sad.png

The congressman was actually very helpful but he Emailed the US embassy in Ankara, but they couldn't help us. they said that there are a lot cases waiting for an interview appointment there and they can't accept any new cases from other embassies mad.gif so we will have to fly back to Abu dhabi for our interview which is on August 29th at 8AM.

well it is worth it, now we know that we have an appointment with the embassy.

I think it's better to contact them and ask to make sure that your document wasn't lost while being sent from one embassy to the other. I think you should have heard from them by now. (I don't want to make u stressed out or worried but) Abu dhabi is a pretty busy embassy but they have given us an interview appointment ,I don't think london is that busy ... so try to contact them or ask your congressman to contact them.

best of luck.

event.png

event.png
event.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We partially transferred the case (we obtained a HNK case number and processed packet 3). However, the US Embassy Hong Kong is still waiting for the official paperwork (apparently, waiting for the copy of the I129F approval packet sent from NVC to US Embassy Manila). Per US Embassy Hong Kong, the snail mail process is 4-6 weeks! Funny, we obtained the original I129F packet from US Embassy Manila, which was sent to fiancee's last Philippines address, about 5 years ago! We tried to provide I129F packet obtained by US Embassy Manila a copy to US Embassy Hong Kong but they told us they have to wait for copy from Manila. Argh! And so we wait for Packet 4, and we can't schedule the medical without US Embassy Hong Kong cover letter.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

been there :( HANG IN THERE ,looking forward to hearing good news from you soooooon.

event.png

event.png
event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.