Apalis

Need help obtaining the Singaporean Police Certificate

69 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Is there any Singaporean citizen, PR or resident (EP holders) here ?

I currently have some issues obtaining the Singaporean Police Certificate for my wife (she's a Vietnamese citizen) because sometime in 2010, the Singapore Police Department changes the policy and they do not issue Certificate of Clearance to foreigners anymore.

Now, they request us to have a NVC checklist or some kinds of letter specifically requesting for the Certificate of Clearance from the NVC for them to process our appeal to get the Police Clearance.

Can you ask the NVC to still process your case and issue you a checklist to help you get the Police Clearance and then tell them that you will bring them later to the interview ?

After you submit the DS-3032, does the NVC provide you any checklist which you can use to get the Police Clearance ? If you has been in my shoe before, how did you proceed ? What should I do ?

Thanks guy. I am very confused right now. Any help will be much appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi guys,

I currently have some issues obtaining the Singaporean Police Certificate for my wife (she's a Vietnamese citizen) because sometime in 2010, the Singapore Police Department changes the policy and they do not issue Certificate of Clearance to foreigners anymore.

Now, they request us to have a NVC checklist or some kinds of letter specifically requesting for the Certificate of Clearance from the NVC for them to process our appeal to get the Police Clearance.

Can you ask the NVC to still process your case and issue you a checklist to help you get the Police Clearance and then tell them that you will bring them later to the interview ?

After you submit the DS-3032, does the NVC provide you any checklist which you can use to get the Police Clearance ? If you has been in my shoe before, how did you proceed ? What should I do ?

I have just done this. Am not a Singapore citizen/resident. Yes you do need the checklist and this is what NVC will send to you AFTER you submit all your other documents with your DS-230. They cannot issue a checklist until they have seen your DS-230. You will have to submit everything else first then wait for NVC to review the form and issue you with a checklist. The good news is that the Singapore Police Certificate is issued relatively quickly (10 business days). I got mine, Fedexed it to NVC and got case complete shortly after.

Interview date: May 2, 2013
POE: May 2013

I have just done this. Am not a Singapore citizen/resident. Yes you do need the checklist and this is what NVC will send to you AFTER you submit all your other documents with your DS-230. They cannot issue a checklist until they have seen your DS-230. You will have to submit everything else first then wait for NVC to review the form and issue you with a checklist. The good news is that the Singapore Police Certificate is issued relatively quickly (10 business days). I got mine, Fedexed it to NVC and got case complete shortly after.

Thank you sir. In your checklist, did the NVC mention that "Statutory Declaration of No-Crime Conviction" is not acceptable ? I called the Singapore Police Department and they said that they also need this phase to process my appeal.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Thank you sir. In your checklist, did the NVC mention that "Statutory Declaration of No-Crime Conviction" is not acceptable ? I called the Singapore Police Department and they said that they also need this phase to process my appeal.

Yes, that statement is on the checklist/letter. The Singapore Police Department was satisfied with it. They work pretty quickly too compared to a lot of other countries. I got my police cert within 10 days.

Interview date: May 2, 2013
POE: May 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

hi apalis,

I recently applied for the COC from Singapore Police force, it takes more than 10 business days from approval and finally reaching the requesting authority. I had to appeal because of the requirement stated on packet 3 for K1 visa interview. Though they said COC is not applicable for non-citizens, we can appeal and once the appeal is successful, they will send it out to the requesting authority. First fill out the documents provided on the links below with your particulars.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/faqs/doc/coc_appform.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/341-appeal-e.pdf

Since the statutory declaration of no criminal conduct is not acceptable by USEM, you have to fill out this form below and state your case number and name of applicant. This letter from IV unit is required by the SPF which requires COC as part of the visa process and that statutory of declaration is not acceptable.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Request%20Letter%20for%20Singapore%20COC.pdf

I didn't come personally to apply for the COC, so here's the documents I submitted:

1. Appeal forms

2. Letter from IV unit

3. Photograph (2) size: 3x4 cm with white background (get the recent ones)

4. Original fingerprint impressions taken by the national police (in my case, the Indonesian national police)

5. Proofs that you have resided in Singapore for more than 6 months such as passport endorsement, employer/school testimonial, your permanent resident card or FIN card copy. Please refer to the requirements on the appeal forms.

6. Bank draft of S$50 addressed to 'HEAD CRIMINAL RECORDS CID'. As long as your local bank is affiliated with SINGAPORE BASED BANK such as OCBC, UOB, DBS, the SPF will accept it. Check and confirm with your local bank first.

7. Copy of valid passport(bio page)

8. Copy of my Indonesian ID

9. NVC checklist stating that COC is required.

Sent the papers through DHL here's my timeline:

Shipped: March 18, 2013

Receipt date: March 20

Approval: April 5

Sent out to USEM: April 11

Call CID +6564358277 or +6564350000 and ask them after 10 business days whether it has been approved and when they will ship it to USEM.

I emailed them and called quite frequently after 10 days, they are very helpful so don't worry as long as you provide complete papers. Once it is approved, they will inform you the COC REFERENCE NUMBER COC/XXXX/XX

SPF only sends through registered airmail by SINGPOST, the CID will inform you the airwaybill as well so you can track the document http://www.singpost.com/index.php?quickTool=TrackItem#Quick

Airmail takes 5-8 days to arrive at the destination. So I will update you again on this.

Hope this helps! good luck for us!

• 2 months later...

Hi blooms, sorry for the late reply. I had been very busy with our applications so I didn't check back this thread. I was suggested by another fellow VJer to use the first letter that NVC sent to you to request the PCC and we successfully asked the Singapore Police to do it without any problem.

When we got the checklist, we only waited like 1 week before finally being able to send ours off. It took us 2 weeks to get a case complete after that.

Anyway, if you ran into the same issues as us, you can use the first letter that NVC sends to you (the one saying that NVC has received your case and your case is eligible for further processing, etc...) to request for the PCC to save you additional processing time.

Edited by Apalis

• 4 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi elle13

im gonna prosses mine this week for my mom she worked in singapore 1995 and now I petition her to come over in u.s they had there interview already and approved but the only thing was asked is that my mom need to submit a singapore police clearance omg that was like 10-15 yrs ago but anyways..

my queation is we have all the papers already but just dont know where to send the payment. Or should I include the money to the papers that they need.

hope to hear back from you. Thank you! Answers really appreciated

if anyone has experience like mine pls feel free to suggest thank u all!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys,

hi there..

base on my experience after submitting DS3032 thats only appointing an agent fill that up and send it to them.

in the interview they will ask if your wife traveled before in other countries if she say yes and in singapore for sure they will ask you a singapore police clearance. in that they will email you and also they will give copy to your wife the website and the case will be pending untel she will provide the singapore police clearace. after that they will release a u.s visa..

goodluck...

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi blooms, sorry for the late reply. I had been very busy with our applications so I didn't check back this thread. I was suggested by another fellow VJer to use the first letter that NVC sent to you to request the PCC and we successfully asked the Singapore Police to do it without any problem.

When we got the checklist, we only waited like 1 week before finally being able to send ours off. It took us 2 weeks to get a case complete after that.

Anyway, if you ran into the same issues as us, you can use the first letter that NVC sends to you (the one saying that NVC has received your case and your case is eligible for further processing, etc...) to request for the PCC to save you additional processing time.

I will be thinking to follow your suggestion as my guide to obtain my police clearance in Singapore. I was reading the requirement on how to obtain it and this LETTER FROM THE IMMIGRATION/Authority is needed to get it done and I was wondering how to do it in the first place, till I searched here on this forum and I found yours in which is applicable to me. This is really a big help for me. thank you for posting, So i will use the NVC letter that states NVC has received your case and your case is eligible for further processing.

My Journey:

March 29, 2013 :PD Dec-20, 2013 USCIS approval date July 28. 2015 (F) (F) (F)Interview Date APPROVED.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Questions:

1. Other than the listed telephone numbers: +65 6435 8275 / 77 is there any better way to get in touch with the Singapore CoC?All I get are "mailboxes full, try again later") messages.

2. Do they notify you by e-mail when the CoC is actually sent? I assume it's sent back to my fiancé and not directly to the US Embassy (in this case Bangkok).

3. Does Singapore take a bunch of holiday around Christmas?

Like others here I have applied for my fiancé to get her Singapore CoC. She is Thai and lived in Singapore for 18 months while studying English. After the Visa interview at the US Embassy in Bangkok, we got the letter that Singapore requires in order to issue a CoC. We sent all the paperwork in and fairly quickly received an e-mail from Singapore with an Appeal Form and request for more specific information. That was all submitted on November 11. After several e-mails to them in early December, we received an e-mail on December 11 stating the CoC takes 15 working days and it would be sent the second week of December (the same week as the e-mail). We have not yet received the CoC (today is December 23). Should I worry?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Questions:

1. Other than the listed telephone numbers: +65 6435 8275 / 77 is there any better way to get in touch with the Singapore CoC?All I get are "mailboxes full, try again later") messages.

2. Do they notify you by e-mail when the CoC is actually sent? I assume it's sent back to my fiancé and not directly to the US Embassy (in this case Bangkok).

Like others here I have applied for my fiancé to get her Singapore CoC. She is Thai and lived in Singapore for 18 months while studying English. After the Visa interview at the US Embassy in Bangkok, we got the letter that Singapore requires in order to issue a CoC. We sent all the paperwork in and fairly quickly received an e-mail from Singapore with an Appeal Form and request for more specific information. That was all submitted on November 11. After several e-mails to them in early December, we received an e-mail on December 11 stating the CoC takes 15 working days and it would be sent the second week of December (the same week as the e-mail). We have not yet received the CoC (today is December 23). Should I worry?

I've only ever managed to reach the office using this number: +65 6557 3985. I think the earliest you'll be able to get through to them is Dec 26 - Christmas is a public holiday so the office will be closed. Most public agencies also let staff leave early (half-day) on Christmas Eve as well so don't call then. Same goes for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

It's possible that the COC has already been mailed and that it's just taking a really long time to reach the destination. Assuming they sent it on Dec 13th, you're at the 11 day mark which is still within "normal"-ish range for Singpost, especially factoring in that the post is always overwhelmed during the holiday season. I *think* that it will be sent direct to the Embassy, but the COC office will be able to tell you for sure. They may also be able to give you a tracking number. Hope the phone number above works for you!

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Questions:

I am having issues and problems with my Singapore COC too. I sent mine on 6th December and received by Singapore Police Force on 9th December.

I have not received any email reply from them. I called them like 10 times and there's nobody answering it all this while. I only want to know if my COC is processing since I wasn't sure if I send the right/sufficient documents for processing.

Any luck on your side?

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am having issues and problems with my Singapore COC too. I sent mine on 6th December and received by Singapore Police Force on 9th December.

I have not received any email reply from them. I called them like 10 times and there's nobody answering it all this while. I only want to know if my COC is processing since I wasn't sure if I send the right/sufficient documents for processing.

Any luck on your side?

I haven't heard anything as yet. Friends have suggested patience considering the time of the year and how busy they and the postal service may be.

Since you know they received the application, it is probably in process. In my experience, the Singapore CoC was very quick to reply to our initial application that more information was needed. So perhaps if all is okay they just don't reply. They must be a very busy or understaffed group.

ThaiVisa13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I haven't heard anything as yet. Friends have suggested patience considering the time of the year and how busy they and the postal service may be.

Since you know they received the application, it is probably in process. In my experience, the Singapore CoC was very quick to reply to our initial application that more information was needed. So perhaps if all is okay they just don't reply. They must be a very busy or understaffed group.

ThaiVisa13

There was a member here from Thailand that had a rough time with the same situation you're in. The problem wasn't so much the Singapore police certificate, the problem was they would only send it to the Embassy in Bangkok. Once they sent it there, they couldn't find it for a couple months. I'll see if I can find the thread.

ETA:

Here is the member. I'd PM her and ask her. She's pretty helpful.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/140578-sud-yaud/

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.