thetreble

Just Saying Hello, How Are You, Etc.

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd swing past and say hello to all the folks who have been here for what seems like a bazillion years helping everyone through their process. I hope some of you oldies (you know who you are ;) ) are diong well and everyone's family is well and healthy.

I've now been back in Canada for almost 6 months. I feel much happier and feel like that missing piece has now found its way back to me. Now that my husband is giong through the Canadian PR process, I can honesty say that USCIS is far more efficient and timely! haha We are looking at at least a year for his PR through the spousal process to come through. In the mean time, we are enjoying the Blue Jays, the wonderful Toronto waterfront, and high levels of reduced stress :D

Best of luck,

Amanda

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Well hello - so is your husband able to work yet or no? at least for a Cdn employer that is.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Well hello - so is your husband able to work yet or no? at least for a Cdn employer that is.

No :( And there is no point in him applying for a work authorization while his outland PR application is in process because supposedly, it takes about a year to get the work authorization which is the same amount of time the outland PR application takes to process. But my husband just stopped working at the end of May and we had some money saved up so we are managing on one income for now.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

No :( And there is no point in him applying for a work authorization while his outland PR application is in process because supposedly, it takes about a year to get the work authorization which is the same amount of time the outland PR application takes to process. But my husband just stopped working at the end of May and we had some money saved up so we are managing on one income for now.

Ouch - we thought about returning to Canada but not if he can't work for 1 year-ish. Maybe once he retired since he's a little ahead of me :) Of course he could continue working long distance for his US employer

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Amanda. I completely know how you are feeling. We have been back for just over 2 months and I am so much happier as well as a lot less stressed out!! We are still waiting for Si's FBI check to come back and then we can send everything in. I think he is going for his medical in a couple of weeks so we should have everything in order.

And the Canadian system may take longer up front, but in the long run I think it is a quicker process all together.

I hope that you get a nice surprise and you get a quick appoval.

Timeline

Hi Huggles! nice to see you still kicking around!

Colleens..Glad you moved back because I remember you wanting to. It's nice to feel less stressed, isn't it? The process wasn't too bad although it does feel like it's geared more towards newlyweds than people who have been married for long periods of time. Showing phone records and emails and that sort of thing for people who have been married for years is difficult...but I sent it as many joint things as I could including our tax returns so hopefully it will get approved quickly! The nice thing is, there is usually no interview for US spouses so at least he gets to skip that part.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice to see lots of people coming back here after working on the Canadian paperwork. We're considering filing for his Canadian paperwork after I receive my US citizenship (years down the road, of course)... but it will largely depend on where our lives are at, once we're ready, of course.

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

glad things are going well for you :)

I know we will never move back to Canada but I don't really mind. I would just like to move closer to Canada like Washington or Oregon..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Nice to hear from you Treble! Gosh, has it been six months already? Crazy how time flies.

How is your husband enjoying Canada? Does he miss the US? It will be interesting to hear what he thinks after he's been there a few years. I found my opinion changed on the US after I was through the adjustment period. For the better, of course. lol

Are you living in T.O.?

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, get to hear the Americans point of view now,lol I think in many cases, it depends on where on resides (in canada/usa) if they are happy or not. I'm pretty sure I would not be happy living in Toronto, far too big.

I have been in Saskatoon since June 1st. I was to head back to Nicaragua early July, but my mom passed away very unexpectedly mid June to a ruptured artery/vein in her head. So stayed back to help out dad and of course enjoy more Tim Hortons,lol

While back, rented a car and took off for a small trip to Edmonton, Kamloops and Calgay!! Love driving thru the Cdn Rockies!! Been to many countries over the world, but pretty hard to beat the beauty of the Mountains.

Best of luck with the Cdn immigration. How is that site--roadtocanada?? Is it as helpful as VJ?

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline

I have been in Saskatoon since June 1st. I was to head back to Nicaragua early July, but my mom passed away very unexpectedly mid June to a ruptured artery/vein in her head. So stayed back to help out dad and of course enjoy more Tim Hortons,lol

Oh no, Flames! I am so so sorry. :((F)

I imagine you were quite thankful to have been there and seen her before her passing. I am sure that must have been a big relief for your father also.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh no, Flames! I am so so sorry. :((F)

I imagine you were quite thankful to have been there and seen her before her passing. I am sure that must have been a big relief for your father also.

Not to steal Amanda's thread,lol But yes was good that I was home. But in some ways bad as I was home when it suddenly hit!! Fine 1 second, then WHAMMO, head ache throwing up, loosing consciousness!! So the memories of that suck!! Life sucks, but it gets better. Thanks

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, get to hear the Americans point of view now,lol I think in many cases, it depends on where on resides (in canada/usa) if they are happy or not. I'm pretty sure I would not be happy living in Toronto, far too big.

While back, rented a car and took off for a small trip to Edmonton, Kamloops and Calgay!! Love driving thru the Cdn Rockies!! Been to many countries over the world, but pretty hard to beat the beauty of the Mountains.

Best of luck with the Cdn immigration. How is that site--roadtocanada?? Is it as helpful as VJ?

I am sorry for your loss flames. I am sure you dad is very thankful that you are there for him.

There are a few posters on Roadtocanada that are very knowledgable, but it is not nearly as active as VJ. I have recieved satisfactory answers to any questions that I have asked...sometimes it just takes a day or 2!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.