pachuchay

Interview Done but missing Dubai police clearance

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I managed to finish my interview. The consul never said anything if I was denied or approved at the end of the interview. So I was thinking I was approved because he told me to go to the next window for final instructions. While I was waiting, I thought to myself I already passed and approved because I was thinking that since the CO already asked me to go to next window that means everything is okay and approved. But then when I go to the last window where everyone is getting the final instructions from the Pinoy officer, he told me that I lacked 1 requirement which is the Dubai Police Clearance. He said that until I am not able to submit such document then the visa processing will not push thru. He did not however give me back my passport and just kept it in my file.

Now, I want to verify :

Does this mean that I no longer need to go for another interview and schedule another appointment with US Embassy Mnl. I already forget to ask about this from the Pinoy officer because my mood was so down and could not think anymore because back of my mind I was thinking my application and interview was approved already :(

Has anyone encountered such?

Please englighten me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It means you need to send them the police report from Dubai or proof that you cannot get a police report from them. Then your visa will be processed. They are just waiting on the 1 document from you.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

so no more interview and no more appointment again in US Embassy Mnila?

Yes plenty of others that failed to include all of the required documents at the time of interview got the exact same results you got.

No other interview for you -- focus on securing the police clearance.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes you just have to comply for their requirement needed and your visa will be issued...

06-30-2011- I-130 filed (marked as our PD)

07-09-2011- NOA1

12-09-2011- I-130 Approved

01-09-2012- case number and IIN assigned, ds-3032 and AOS bill invoiced

01-09-2012- AOS paid online

01-10-2012- AOS fee PAID

01-15-2012- emailed DS-3032

01-19-2012- DS-3032 accepted

01-19-2012- IV fee invoiced

01-20-2012- IV fee paid online

01-24-2012- IV fee PAID

01-24-2012- mailed AOS form

01-25-2012- mailed DS230 (via fedex)

02-01-2012- RFE NBI and ds230 part 2 should be submitted

02-02-2012- RFE sent to NVC

02-10-2012-case completed INTERVIEW SCHEDULED (March 13,2012)

02-16-2012-medical examination PASSED

...preparing for interview

03-13-2012- VISA APPROVED!!!

Are you still a resident of UAE? Did you recently move back to PH or just fly home to attend your interview?

You will have to return to Dubai to obtain the police clearance in person.

Edited by beejay

Filed: Timeline

Are you still a resident of UAE? Did you recently move back to PH or just fly home to attend your interview?

You will have to return to Dubai to obtain the police clearance in person.

no, i'm not resident. i used to work there long time back. i cant go back in person as i need another visa to go there.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

no, i'm not resident. i used to work there long time back. i cant go back in person as i need another visa to go there.

you can contact the Embassy of Dubai or UAE for instructions on how to obtain the PC. I myself have applied for police certificate from Amman, Jordan through the Embassy of Jordan in Tokyo (we do not have embassy here in Philippines) and it took me more than a month to obtain the PC.

this is my old post in 2009 regarding obtaining Dubai PCC if you're already in Philippines.

Do you know someone in Dubai who can apply Police Clearance on your behalf? I had a friend who applied for me when I requested it. Because if you don't have anyone to do it for you, I think you will have to request online. It will take time and more expensive.

Anyways, please go to NBI Taft, Manila for fingerprinting with 2x2 photo and a valid I.D. They will ask you to complete the form with complete details (no abbreviations) and take your fingerprints. Then, they will give you claim stub as to when the document can be picked-up. Please take note that you won't have to pay there. The NBI will forward the document to Department of Foreign Affairs for authentication..that's where you will show the claim stub and pay Php 100.00 and again a valid i.d. before they release it. After DFA, you need to go to any DHL counter (local shipment) to send the authenticated document to UAE Embassy Manila and pay around Php 1,800.00. It will take a week before you receive the attested document (from UAE Embassy) with UAE stamp and arabic signature. Once you have it, it is up to you which shipping company you want to use (DHL or Fedex) to deliver your documents to Dubai.

REQUIREMENTS:

--authenticated/attested fingerprints (from DFA/UAE embassy with red ribbon)

-- 4 pcs passport sized photos

--authorization letter for the person who will apply on your behalf

--photocopy of valid passport

--photocopy of passport with UAE visa and cancellation page

--application form (can be downloaded from dubaipolice.gov.ae)

--Dhs 115.00 processing fee

Please make sure to write (on authorization letter and application form) that the purpose for applying PCC is for USA visa application. What I did was, I sent 2 copies each of those documents. I also downloaded the application form and signed it because I just wanted my friend to submit everything, not do the forms and the typing center is far from the police headquarters. BTW, they won't accept handwritten forms, they will ask the person to typewritten it. And since you're outside Dubai, your application will only be processed in the headquarters which is located in Al Qusais. Mine took 8 days and my friend just sent it to me thru DHL.

Goodluck girl.

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

Thanks for posting the info bowgirl. Hopefully it will work for the OP because during 2009 UAE was still issuing police certs to people living outside of the country. That policy has since changed and the info has been reflected on the DOS website:

Police Records

Available, only if applicant is physically present in the UAE.

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9666#docs

It is extremely odd that the embassy asked the OP for a police clearance from UAE when the OP does not currently live in UAE and has not lived there, according to her, for awhile. OP how long ago were you in Dubai? Was there any reason they asked you to get the police cert when they usually waive the requirement? Did you get a dud IO?

I am not trying to scare you pachuchay and I think you should absolutely follow bowgirl's advice and see if that works. If it does not work make sure to get a letter from UAE embassy in PH stating that they cannot issue you a police clearance. This is a very odd request and with the number of OFW's that go through the US embassy in PH having worked in Dubai I am surprised they asked you to get it.

Please keep us updated.

Do you have an old police certificate from Dubai roughly around the time that you left?

Edited by beejay

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for posting the info bowgirl. Hopefully it will work for the OP because during 2009 UAE was still issuing police certs to people living outside of the country. That policy has since changed and the info has been reflected on the DOS website:

Police Records

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

It is extremely odd that the embassy asked the OP for a police clearance from UAE when the OP does not currently live in UAE and has not lived there, according to her, for awhile. OP how long ago were you in Dubai? Was there any reason they asked you to get the police cert when they usually waive the requirement? Did you get a dud IO?

I am not trying to scare you pachuchay and I think you should absolutely follow bowgirl's advice and see if that works. If it does not work make sure to get a letter from UAE embassy in PH stating that they cannot issue you a police clearance. This is a very odd request and with the number of OFW's that go through the US embassy in PH having worked in Dubai I am surprised they asked you to get it.

Please keep us updated.

Do you have an old police certificate from Dubai roughly around the time that you left?

Same thing happened to me when they asked for a Jordan Police certificate. What I did was I called the embassy and informed me that it is possible to attain the PC from them..

Police Records

Please keep us updated.

This actually confuses me because I saw that site when I applied for CR-1 visa in 2009. And If I didn't apply for Certificate of Good Moral Conduct (that's how they call it)because I was already in Manila that time, I would've been in the same situation as the OP. When I was interviewed, the CO looked for that document when I told him I lived there for 4 years and my visa was delivered within 5 days.

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

My wife was required to get her police clearance for Indonesia in person, but I contacted the Indonesian embassy in the Philippines, and the International Law Officer there made arrangements to get the PC for her. It cost a little extra, but not nearly the cost it would have been for a round-trip ticket to Indonesia and back.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I thought as Beejay says the requuirement to get PC was waived? if you live now in the philippines and not a resident? Maybe the CO doesnt know? I emailed IVManilareplies@State.gov and they told me unless physically Present in UAE Dubai, the PC is NOT Required! now you get 2 different versions from them????

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.