sonicgihad

NBI clearance and police certificate from singapore

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1) can my fiancee start the process of acquring her NBI clearance for travel now or do we need to wait for the packet from NVC? She just told me today it takes a while to get her NBi cuz there's somebody else with the same name.

2) she lived in Singapore for 9 months. She was on a tourist visa with a work pass. Singapore has stopped issuing CNCC to non citizens but the US embassy states she needs one if she lived in another country for over six months. Does anyone know what we nee to do to meet that requirement?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

1) can my fiancee start the process of acquring her NBI clearance for travel now or do we need to wait for the packet from NVC? She just told me today it takes a while to get her NBi cuz there's somebody else with the same name.

Yes your fiancee can get started acquiring the NBI -- since you already know there might be an issue with names.

2) she lived in Singapore for 9 months. She was on a tourist visa with a work pass. Singapore has stopped issuing CNCC to non citizens but the US embassy states she needs one if she lived in another country for over six months. Does anyone know what we nee to do to meet that requirement?

If I'm not mistaken, USEM is aware of the police clearance situation in Singapore.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

The DOS website states that residents and former residents of Singapore will need the Certificate of Clearance (COC) not CNCC. I have heard of the embassy in Manila requiring the COC a few times over the last few months so I would not assume she does not need it at this point.

There have been a few Pinay recently that have gone through Manila and have worked in Singapore. Hopefully they will see this and can answer your question about being on a tourist visa with a work pass and can let you know if they were required to have the clearance during their interview or not. It would be nice to know as this question has been asked a few times lately.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is the experience of another VJ member with regard to the COC requirement. Maybe other Pinays that were once faced with the same situation will chime in.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/348402-singapore-police-clearance-2012/

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

I just looked at that app form for COC and its for Singapore Citizens only. You'll need something from the US embassy that you need it but once again the main requirement is that yo be a Singapore Citizen.

I'll call them tonight and also the US embassy in Manila I'll let you all know what i find out.

Also I wonder, my fiancee left singapore several times for a couple days so im certain she wasn't in SG for 6 months straight. I wonder if thats a loophole. Lol

Edited by sonicgihad

Timeline

Spoke to US Embassy in Manila. They dont have our info yet cuz we just got approved yesterday. They said once i have a Manila case#, we can go to Window 38 and request for a letter to request the SG Police force to release a clearance but she said even then some are getting issued and some are not. And that the consular officer want the applicant to at least try. I think this is a lot of bull!!! If they know a country is no longer doing a process, they should stop asking people to go through hoops thats not even 100% that its gonna work or ask fir something else.

Timeline

If you have worked or lived in SG for more than a year,then you need to get clearance.If not,no need to worry.Been there,done that.

Yeah it's one year from I-130 or CR-1 for K1 it's 6 months.

I think I have the How-to. I'll post it up top so everyone can benefit from my aggravation and probably $600-dollar phone bill. Ha ha!

Spoke to US Embassy in Manila. They dont have our info yetre cuz we just got approved yesterday. They said once i have a Manila case#, we can go to Window 38 and request for a letter to request the SG Police force to release a clearance but she said even then some are getting issued and some are not. And that the consular officer want the applicant to at least try. I think this is a lot of bull!!! If they know a country is no longer doing a process, they should stop asking people to go through hoops thats not even 100% that its gonna work or ask fir something else.

ok. I am still in Singapore, few days from now I will have my interview in Manila. I have already requested my COC from SG Police Force. They say they are sending it to US EM Manila with my MNL Case number. Here are the steps:

1. Apply for an Appeal in SG Police Force. This requires you to present the letter from US EMbassy Manila asking you for the COC

2. Wait 1-2 weeks before the Appeal gets approved.

3. Once approved, proceed with the application of COC,they say it will take 2-3 weeks of processing.

Thanks.

Timeline

I thought I could edit the top page... I called SG Police Force and the US embassy twice, this is what I got...

1) Make sure a Manila Number has been issued by the NVC.

2) If possible, go to Window 38 at the US embassy in Manila if not,

email: IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

***Request for the consulate to issue a letter officially requesting the Singapore Police Force to release

a COC or certificate of Clearance. Make sure that the letter states that "A STATUTE OF

DECLARATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

The US embassy can send this to you by Mail or by email.

3) www.spf.gov.sg/faqs/doc/coc_appform.pdf

Download the form and follow the instructions. Mail it to SG along with the letter from the consulate and

copies of your passport and I think they are asking for photos as well.

The issue I see here is the payment. If sent in by mail, they only accept a brank draft from a singapore

bank.

Processing fee is S$45.00 per application. Payment can be made by cash, NETS, cash card, or

credit cards (VISA/MASTERCARD) for walk-in application. Application sent by post (from

overseas) must be accompanied by a bank draft made payable to Head Criminal Records

CID through a Singapore-based bank. In addition to the processing fee, a postage fee of

S$5.00 must be included in the payment (total S$50.00) if the COC is to be mailed. Payment

is non- refundable once the application is processed.

4) SPF will take 10 working days to process and can only send the COC to the US Embassy in Manila or whichever

embassy requested it for non SG Permanent residents or citizens.

5) Check with the US Embassy Immigrant division if they have the COC. Once received, they will attach it to your file.

I hope this helps all of you in the same boat. I'll ask my fiancee to ask one of her friends to hand deliver the letter to SPF and pay the fee as well. We'll just send them money ahead of time.

Edited by sonicgihad

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I thought I could edit the top page... I called SG Police Force and the US embassy twice, this is what I got...

1) Make sure a Manila Number has been issued by the NVC.

2) If possible, go to Window 38 at the US embassy in Manila if not,

email: IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

***Request for the consulate to issue a letter officially requesting the Singapore Police Force to release

a COC or certificate of Clearance. Make sure that the letter states that "A STATUTE OF

DECLARATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

The US embassy can send this to you by Mail or by email.

3) www.spf.gov.sg/faqs/doc/coc_appform.pdf

Download the form and follow the instructions. Mail it to SG along with the letter from the consulate and

copies of your passport and I think they are asking for photos as well.

The issue I see here is the payment. If sent in by mail, they only accept a brank draft from a singapore

bank.

Processing fee is S$45.00 per application. Payment can be made by cash, NETS, cash card, or

credit cards (VISA/MASTERCARD) for walk-in application. Application sent by post (from

overseas) must be accompanied by a bank draft made payable to ‘Head Criminal Records

CID’ through a Singapore-based bank. In addition to the processing fee, a postage fee of

S$5.00 must be included in the payment (total S$50.00) if the COC is to be mailed. Payment

is non- refundable once the application is processed.

4) SPF will take 10 working days to process and can only send the COC to the US Embassy in Manila or whichever

embassy requested it for non SG Permanent residents or citizens.

5) Check with the US Embassy Immigrant division if they have the COC. Once received, they will attach it to your file.

I hope this helps all of you in the same boat. I'll ask my fiancee to ask one of her friends to hand deliver the letter to SPF and pay the fee as well. We'll just send them money ahead of time.

Hi! thanks for this info. I find it very helpful. I've called SG Embassy Manila and ask if they process Police Clearance but they dont. It sucks. However, i have called DBS Bank (Philippines) and ask if they issue a bank draft since they are a Singapore base bank, the officer says no, but we can ask the bank draft in BDO or BPI. These banks are not Singapore base but they can issue a bank draft for Singapore base bank. I find it a relieve then, i dont have to bug my friends in SG and ask favor to process my Police Clearance & do the payment for me.

Thanks & pls keep us posted.

Shella

K1 Timeline

8/16/2011 - Mailed I-129F

8/19/2011 - I-129F Received at Dallas Lock Box

08/26/2011 - Received official I-797C Notice Of Action in Mail

03/09/2012 - NOA2

04/11/2012 - Medical - PASSED!

04/19/2012 - PRISM Counselling

04/24/2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

05/04/2012 - VISA on Hand yay!

05/11/2012 - POE -Detroit

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Spoke to US Embassy in Manila. They dont have our info yet cuz we just got approved yesterday. They said once i have a Manila case#, we can go to Window 38 and request for a letter to request the SG Police force to release a clearance but she said even then some are getting issued and some are not. And that the consular officer want the applicant to at least try. I think this is a lot of bull!!! If they know a country is no longer doing a process, they should stop asking people to go through hoops thats not even 100% that its gonna work or ask fir something else.

For the NVC:

Give them 7 - 10 days before calling. Call after 4:45 PM eastern time for shorter wait times

K1's are not tracked through the AVR, ever. They are processed like an immigrant visa, but they are NOT immigrant visas, so they fall into a completely different class of their own. Therefore you need an operator. To get there:

1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for an operator

NVC CONTACT INFORMATION:

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:

You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).

* Petitioner's name and date of birth.

( NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based, include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. )

* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

* If you are an attorney, include your name and the name and address of your law office.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Haha i already tried to call yesterday but they were closed due to a power outage. I called this morning and they dont have our file yet but I knew that. For my sanity though, I'll call them everyday anyway. Haha. I have been consistently annoying during this whole process and that got things done so I don't see any rason to stop now. Hahaha!

Thanx for the info. Aren't you just about ready to interview? I'll be back home in a couple weeks 'hope i already have everything handled by then.

Thanx again

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Haha i already tried to call yesterday but they were closed due to a power outage. I called this morning and they dont have our file yet but I knew that. For my sanity though, I'll call them everyday anyway. Haha. I have been consistently annoying during this whole process and that got things done so I don't see any rason to stop now. Hahaha!

Thanx for the info. Aren't you just about ready to interview? I'll be back home in a couple weeks 'hope i already have everything handled by then.

Thanx again

You NOA2 was not until the 29th... wait the 7-10 days before calling. Why be annoying...

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.