Optimistic_5

I-130 Expedite

17 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am a new member to this community, so, I apologize in advance if this topic or similar has already been discussed.Though, I did try to search for similar but was not able to find.

So here is my situation:

I am a US citizen and got married in Dec 2011, came back to the US in Jan. 2012 and filed I-130 for my husband for which I have received NOA1, my service center is Vermont. I am living by self in the country and found out I am pregnant and this is a high risk pregnancy.

I requested an expedite for my husband's I-130 on the phone on the basis of high risk pregnancy, and I received the following response from the USCIS:

[size="5"]

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has reviewed your request for expedited processing of your application or petition based on medical reasons. In order for USCIS to grant the requested expedite, you must submit documentation that supports your claim for an extreme emergent need.

The documents may include:

-- A letter written by the attending physician that describes the patient's current condition, diagnosis, and prognosis.

-- A letter written and signed by you that explains why your application or petition should be expeditiously processed.

-- Any other information you feel will support your request for expedited processing.[/size]

I have to send them the requested docs in 20 days from the date of I received this notice (2/13/2012). I have talked with my Dr. and he is more than willing to help me with this, but he is asking for a format or some sort of "example" for the letter he would have to write. Has anyone gone through this procedure or have any info on how this letter should be written? Any type of help would be greatly appreciated. I again urge the community members to give any help / suggestion possible to put this together.

Thanks to all of you for taking time to read and respond.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Detailed information in the letter as to the issue and the severity of the issue. The worse the issue is the better chance you have of being granted an expedite.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you should also try to fit in why your husband NEEDS to be with you

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

You need a letter from your doctor which states your medical condition, you requested an expedition based on high-risk pregnancy, this need to be clarified in detail.

Then your own statement describing the circumstances for the expedition request; why you specifically need your husband with you as soon as possible.

The idea is your husband has to fit in the picture with your grounds for expedition and explanation; an absence of him would possibly result into humanitarian or life/death outcome. There cannot be other perceived alternatives, for example your other family member who can attend to you instead of your husband, why must it be him, you see?

Edited by GandK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

In regards to the format of the letter your doctor writes to USCIS, make sure he writes it on official hospital stationary that has the hospital contact information AND his personal contact information at the hospital. Make sure he identifies you fully, using your full name, dob, USCIS Case#, SSN, the works. The body of the letter should explain in every last detail what your current condition and complication is in regards to your pregnancy. The more details the better, but try to have him use English that is easily understandable by an everyday joe.

Also, realize that documentation is in no way limited to a note from your doctor. If you have any other documents that support your underlying claim, by all means send them.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I apologize in advance if I cause anybody to feel offended with my comments and again this is just my personal opinion but I find USCIS procedures so ridiculous, out of line, and just simply unreal. The petitioner is obviously in a risk situation with nobody else to go to in the event of an emergency, and she still has to have almost letters of all sorts. I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for Mr. Obama's endorsement or God knows what. Simply stupid!

Citizenship

6/24/2016: Mailed N-400 package via USPS from Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan

7/11/2016: Received NOA1 dated 7/5/2016

11/3/2016: Received email from USCIS-Seoul Office with Naturalization appt set for 11/30/2016

11/30/2016: Naturalization Interview on Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan. N-400 Approved

12/1/2016: Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

But what I find even three times more ridiculous is having members of our Active Duty Military, who fight for our country and our freedom everyday, having to "prove" a "imminent and grave situation" in order to get an expedite. So basically according to USCIS guidelines, only a Navy SEAL or Special Forces could get his/her case expedited. Just Ridiculous with a BIG CAPITAL "R"!

Citizenship

11/3/2016: Received email from USCIS-Seoul Office with Naturalization appt set for 11/30/2016

11/30/2016: Naturalization Interview on Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan. N-400 Approved

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I apologize in advance if I cause anybody to feel offended with my comments and again this is just my personal opinion but I find USCIS procedures so ridiculous, out of line, and just simply unreal. The petitioner is obviously in a risk situation with nobody else to go to in the event of an emergency, and she still has to have almost letters of all sorts. I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for Mr. Obama's endorsement or God knows what. Simply stupid!

No offense here.

How do you know that she is "OBVIOUSLY in a risk situation with nobody to go to in the event of an emergency?" Have you seen any documents with facts that she has a high risk pregancy or are you simply relying on her statement that her pregnancy is high risk? Doesn't seem so obvious to me. In addition, how do you know that she has no one to turn to in the event of an emergency? Do you know her and her situation personally? Do you know more about her situation than what she has stated in the forum?

Lots of people think their pregnancies are high risk simply because their husbands are not with them throughout the pregnancies.

I don't think it is stupid to ask her to provide proof that her pregnancy is high risk which requires her husband to be here with her. And let's not involve hyperbole like needing Obama's endorsement - don't sensationalize the situation. There is nothing wrong with asking her for proof why her husband's case should be expedited, and why he shouldn't be processed like every other spouse - what is so special about her situation that requires her husband's case be processed before the cases for other people's spouses.

But what I find even three times more ridiculous is having members of our Active Duty Military, who fight for our country and our freedom everyday, having to "prove" a "imminent and grave situation" in order to get an expedite. So basically according to USCIS guidelines, only a Navy SEAL or Special Forces could get his/her case expedited. Just Ridiculous with a BIG CAPITAL "R"!

Why?

In this case, the OP has not mentioned that she's in the military. Even if she was, she is not in any "imminent and grave situation" because she is pregnant and would not be sent into any dangerous situation due her military service. Her foreign husband is not in the US military. So what is the "imminent and grave situation" that she is in?

Edited by aaron2020

Hello all,

I am a new member to this community, so, I apologize in advance if this topic or similar has already been discussed.Though, I did try to search for similar but was not able to find.

So here is my situation:

I am a US citizen and got married in Dec 2011, came back to the US in Jan. 2012 and filed I-130 for my husband for which I have received NOA1, my service center is Vermont. I am living by self in the country and found out I am pregnant and this is a high risk pregnancy.

I requested an expedite for my husband's I-130 on the phone on the basis of high risk pregnancy, and I received the following response from the USCIS:

[size="5"]

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has reviewed your request for expedited processing of your application or petition based on medical reasons. In order for USCIS to grant the requested expedite, you must submit documentation that supports your claim for an extreme emergent need.

The documents may include:

-- A letter written by the attending physician that describes the patient's current condition, diagnosis, and prognosis.

-- A letter written and signed by you that explains why your application or petition should be expeditiously processed.

-- Any other information you feel will support your request for expedited processing.[/size]

I have to send them the requested docs in 20 days from the date of I received this notice (2/13/2012). I have talked with my Dr. and he is more than willing to help me with this, but he is asking for a format or some sort of "example" for the letter he would have to write. Has anyone gone through this procedure or have any info on how this letter should be written? Any type of help would be greatly appreciated. I again urge the community members to give any help / suggestion possible to put this together.

Thanks to all of you for taking time to read and respond.

where did you marry?

Currently somewhere in USA now.

hello optimistic,

we got our noa1 on the 6th of jan, and applied for an expedite, based on the same reason you gave ( high risk pregnancy )

this request was denied a few days later, saying it didnt match their criteria,

we sent an email to the senators office, and they sent an email on our behalf to the csc , whom replied that they never recieved our supporting documentation and this is why it was denied ( this was a lie, because after sending the documents to the csc via fax we phones them , spoke to a tier 2 and they told us the docs where there, the senators office asked us to send them the supporting documentation,and sign a release foem, they submited the request again on our behalf and this was approved, we recieved our noa2 email the same day that our senator informed us that the expedite request had been aproved

our doctor wrote a letter, it was a simple letter basically is stated that m wife was his patient, that she had a possative pregnancy test on the xxxxx , that she suffered from xxxx making the pregnancy one of possible complications to both the baby and her health, and that it would be appreciated if the uscis would expedite my case as it would be of great benefit to my wife for me to be there as soon as possible, he also provided some case studies for us to send along with the letter concerning previous examples of my wifes situation.

Edited by sulph

2011-11-23 finally married the love of my life

2011-12-21 omg ima be a daddy

2012-01-04 I-130 mailed to Chicago via usps next day delivery

2012-01-06 NOA 1

2012-01-11 "touched"

2012-01-12 expedite request on medical grounds submited .. cross fingers

2012-01-20 expedite request denied >.<

2012-01-21 Contacted US senator

2012-01-27 recieved email from senator stating they will submit expedite request again on our behalf and request extra review

2012-02-10 recieved email from senator with reply from uscis granting expedite!

2012-02-11 NOA2

2012-02-13 NVC recieved case

2012-02-22 Case number assigned ,DS-3032 submitted

2012-02-24 DS-3032 accepted, Submited expedite request, forwarded to embassy for review

2012-02-28 expedite approved by embassy , SIF

2012-02-29 Case complete, shipped to consulate, according to AVR

2012-03-03 consulate recieve file and log into system

2012-03-07 Mailed off DS-230 & DS-2001 & had medical

2012-03-19 Interview APPROVED!!!

2012-03-23 Visa in hand

2012-04-12 POE chicago

Timeline

No offense here.

How do you know that she is "OBVIOUSLY in a risk situation with nobody to go to in the event of an emergency?" Have you seen any documents with facts that she has a high risk pregancy or are you simply relying on her statement that her pregnancy is high risk? Doesn't seem so obvious to me. In addition, how do you know that she has no one to turn to in the event of an emergency? Do you know her and her situation personally? Do you know more about her situation than what she has stated in the forum?

Lots of people think their pregnancies are high risk simply because their husbands are not with them throughout the pregnancies.

I don't think it is stupid to ask her to provide proof that her pregnancy is high risk which requires her husband to be here with her. And let's not involve hyperbole like needing Obama's endorsement - don't sensationalize the situation. There is nothing wrong with asking her for proof why her husband's case should be expedited, and why he shouldn't be processed like every other spouse - what is so special about her situation that requires her husband's case be processed before the cases for other people's spouses.

It is called "Free Speech" my friend to say and write whatever I want. Are you a moderator? and if so, then go ahead and close my membership. I can go back, sign up again and keep writing what I want. This is NOT Iran, is the USA and I can speak about the joke of a President we have if I wish.

Why? Why? and Why? ... Why should I give you explanations? This is completely off topic but you just decided to critize my comments for no reason. So get a life, keep waiting and move on.

Why?

In this case, the OP has not mentioned that she's in the military. Even if she was, she is not in any "imminent and grave situation" because she is pregnant and would not be sent into any dangerous situation due her military service. Her foreign husband is not in the US military. So what is the "imminent and grave situation" that she is in?

Citizenship

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I was just granted, based on High Risk Pregnancy from both USCIS and NVC. Just ask you high risk OB to write a standard letter stating that you are being treated for High Pregnancy with complication. Then you write a letter to USCIS and send both explaining your compliciation. Your doctor is not allowed to list the types of compliciations you are faced with. Within 5 business days they responsed, she response below. Everything for me was done in less than 2 weeks.

Thank you for your documents. I’ve pulled your file for review. Your expedite request was approved and your petition is now being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 15 days.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, Notice of Intent to Deny or Notice of Intent to Revoke

Thank you,

Then I recieve an approval notice at 7:30 that same day with

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On February 3, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

Good Luck

Timeline

I was just granted, based on High Risk Pregnancy from both USCIS and NVC. Just ask you high risk OB to write a standard letter stating that you are being treated for High Pregnancy with complication. Then you write a letter to USCIS and send both explaining your compliciation. Your doctor is not allowed to list the types of compliciations you are faced with. Within 5 business days they responsed, she response below. Everything for me was done in less than 2 weeks.

Thank you for your documents. I’ve pulled your file for review. Your expedite request was approved and your petition is now being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 15 days.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, Notice of Intent to Deny or Notice of Intent to Revoke

Thank you,

On February 3, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

Good Luck

Congrats!!! Hope everyting goes OK with your pregnancy....God Bless. From the Bahamas as well, my husband is USC.

Married July 16th

NOA1- August 19th

Touch - August 24th

NOA2 - Feb 27th - Praise the Lord!!!!!!!

3/05/12 --- NVC Received CaseFile

3/20/12 --- NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued

3/20/12 --- Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

3/22/12 --- AOS FEE BILL PAID ONLINE &

3/26/12 --- AOS Fee Bill Marked Paid []

3/22/12 --- AOS CoverSheets Generated &

3/26/12 --- AOS packet sent

3/27/12 --- DS-3032 Accepted

3/28/12 --- AOS Packet Delivered @ NVC 10:30AM

3/28/12 --- IV Fee Bill Showing as 'Payable' []

3/28/12 --- IV FEE BILL PAID ONLINE &

3/29/12 --- IV Fee Bill marked as PAID []

3/29/12 --- IV CoverSheets Generated &

3/30/12 --- AOS Packet Accepted

4/02/12 --- IV packet sent +

4/03/12 --- IV packet recevied

4/06/12 --- NVC reports 'Case Completed' *

4/10/12 --- Interview Date Set *

4/10/12 --- Appointment Letter Received via Email

Interview Date - MAY 3RD

Medical Scheduled - April 25th

event.png

event.png

"We've come this far by faith"

Timeline

I was just granted, based on High Risk Pregnancy from both USCIS and NVC. Just ask your high risk OB to write a standard letter stating that you are being treated for High Pregnancy with complication. Then you write a letter to USCIS and send both explaining your compliciation. Your doctor is not allowed to list the types of compliciations you are faced with. Within 5 business days they responsed, she response below. Everything for me was done in less than 2 weeks. However, I was hospitalized 5 time and stated that fact, I was also placed on bedrest and can not travel for family assistance. SO REALLY WHAT MAKES YOUR PREGNANCY HIGH RISK BECAUSE THEY WOULD NEED TO KNOW AND PROOF.

Thank you,

Good Luck

Thank you! I hope you get all your approval notice soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.