justwaiting4her

Letter of intent had an error....

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am stressing out a little on this, and feel so stupid! My lawyer wrote my letter of intent. I read and signed it. I was updating it so she could take a copy of her interview, and I discovered I did not read it good enough :(.

At the top of the letter the lawyer wrote the wrong state and zipcode, in the main body it had my wrong birth date. The day itself was wrong. The main body did have the correct address. I don't know how I could not have noticed this. Was it nervousness, excitement, or foolishly trusting a professional? I can't say other than it was stupid of me.

My fiancee's I-129f was approved and we are waiting for her interview appointment date. Can these two errors come back and bite us? I am thinking the address thing will be alright, but I am not sure about the error on the birth date. How much does the letter of intent come in to play at the interview? My fiancee will most likely need a waiver anyway, so I am worried this may ruin things for us. Did I mess up something so important?

I am stressing out a little on this, and feel so stupid! My lawyer wrote my letter of intent. I read and signed it. I was updating it so she could take a copy of her interview, and I discovered I did not read it good enough :(.

At the top of the letter the lawyer wrote the wrong state and zipcode, in the main body it had my wrong birth date. The day itself was wrong. The main body did have the correct address. I don't know how I could not have noticed this. Was it nervousness, excitement, or foolishly trusting a professional? I can't say other than it was stupid of me.

My fiancee's I-129f was approved and we are waiting for her interview appointment date. Can these two errors come back and bite us? I am thinking the address thing will be alright, but I am not sure about the error on the birth date. How much does the letter of intent come in to play at the interview? My fiancee will most likely need a waiver anyway, so I am worried this may ruin things for us. Did I mess up something so important?

Oh My, I guess we can't rely on lawyer all the documents. A lawyer supposed to know all the details. You paid for it. headbonk.gif. I hope it is not a big deal when interview comes..Good luck!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Couldn't you just edit and sign/date the example letter of intent they have here in VJ ? Then scan and e mail to her? It worked fine for both our original submission and interview. just an idea.....then your mind could be at ease.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Couldn't you just edit and sign/date the example letter of intent they have here in VJ ? Then scan and e mail to her? It worked fine for both our original submission and interview. just an idea.....then your mind could be at ease.

I edited the letter of intent from before. I will give it to my fiancee to take to the interview, but I am worried that it could still be a problem. I hope not!

I edited the letter of intent from before. I will give it to my fiancee to take to the interview, but I am worried that it could still be a problem. I hope not!

I am sure it will be fine. Even if they are duplicate, other than addressed to proper agency and the more recent date. They just want to be sure you still are willing and able to marry after all these months of waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They never asked for my fiance's letter of intent. If anything, just show proof you had a lawyer help you with the papers and explain that he made the error and submit the new (accurate) letter of intent.

Your fiancee will sign a form that is pretty much the same thing as a letter of intent at her interview. (or at least I had to at the Vancouver Embassy)

just a thought... It has all be accepted at USCIS but why not ask the lawyer to write a statement saying he made a couple of errors add the corrections send to fiancee, as well have yourself write an updated letter of intent anyways for the interview.. I really don't think it will be a big deal if all correct information is given .

Terri

just a thought... It has all be accepted at USCIS but why not ask the lawyer to write a statement saying he made a couple of errors add the corrections send to fiancee, as well have yourself write an updated letter of intent anyways for the interview.. I really don't think it will be a big deal if all correct information is given .

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.