NinJones

Exit Clearance vs. Philippine Passport for our 10 m/o daughter

23 posts in this topic

Here I am with another inquiry :P

We're finally flying to IL this February, my daughter having a US passport (crba) requires an exit clearance, I DO plan on getting her a Phil passport as well. I've seen a few discussions regarding NOT getting an exit clearance from Dept. of Immigration since the Phil passport of the child will cover it .. however, it's been quite a while, I honestly want to read latest experiences from people who brought their kids under US passport WITHOUT having to secure an exit permit but with the effect of the dual citizenship instead.

Any advices? :unsure: I would really appreciate it. Thank you all in advance!

• CR1 Timeline
  • 11.07.08 - I-130 & Documents Mailed to USCIS via USPS
  • 11.09.08 - Docs signed for by whoever R. Mercado is of USCIS... (via tracking result)
  • 11.18.08 - Application transferred to California Service Center
  • 11.20.08 - NOA1 Received
  • 06.25.09 - Approval Notice sent on e-mail from USCIS.. Yaaaa~Ha!!! Thanks "Bro"!
  • 06.29.09 - NOA2 Approval Notice hard copy recv'd
  • 07.14.09 - AOS Notice letter from NVC recv'd
  • 07.24.09 - Recv'd DS-3032 (choice of agent) with MNL Case No.
  • 07.28.09 - AOS certified check payment recv'd at NVC
  • 08.01.09 - DS-3032 Mailed to NVC via UPS
  • 08.06.09 - DS-3032 acknowledgment
  • 08.08.09 - [iV] Bill for Immigrant Visa e-mail recv'd
  • 08.13.09 - [iV] Bill Paid
  • 08.14.09 - DS-230 Instruction Packet e-mail recv'd
  • 08.20.09 - I-864 acknowledgment
  • 08.27.09 - DS-230 acknowledgment
  • 09.09.09 - NVC Case complete
  • 09.12.09 - Appointment Letter recv'd
  • 09.28.09 - Medical
  • 09.29.09 - Medical Passed
  • 10.02.09 - Visa on hold. CRBA Required.
  • 12.21.09 - Submitted addt'l docs. [white slip: Passport and CRBA]
  • 12.28.09 - Visa approved. Thank you Lord!
  • 01.07.10 - VISA ON HAND on my lucky 7th day of the month! :D
  • 01.12.10 - CFO Seminar at St. Mary's
  • 02.17.10 - POE: Detroit. [destination: Chicago ORD]
  • 03.02.10 - SSN recv'd
  • 03.08.10 - 2 yr. Green Card recv'd
  • 03.09.10 - I-797C Welcome notice recv'd

Here I am with another inquiry :P

We're finally flying to IL this February, my daughter having a US passport (crba) requires an exit clearance, I DO plan on getting her a Phil passport as well. I've seen a few discussions regarding NOT getting an exit clearance from Dept. of Immigration since the Phil passport of the child will cover it .. however, it's been quite a while, I honestly want to read latest experiences from people who brought their kids under US passport WITHOUT having to secure an exit permit but with the effect of the dual citizenship instead.

Any advices? :unsure: I would really appreciate it. Thank you all in advance!

YES get your child a PI passport befor you leave the PI

Note: If your child is in the PI with only CRBA and US passport, you need to make sure you get your child his/her PI passport if you do not your looking at costly fees from the BI, exit permit and or late fees. One plus is with both US and PI passport your child will have Dual Citizenship.

Example: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=199979&view=findpost&p=2978767

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Here's a link to the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation website

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option...9&Itemid=80

DEPARTURE

Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, who presented a foreign passport at the time of their admission into the Philippines may be cleared for departure without need of surrendering a certificate, permit or proof of payment of imposable immigration fees, provided, he/she also shows a genuine and valid passport and/or Identification Certificate. However, if the Filipino does not have a Philippine passport, an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) fee of P710.00 shall be charged for using a foreign passport upon departure.

In the arrival, stay and departure of Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, where the Filipino presents a Philippine passport and a foreign passport, the arrival or departure stamp shall be stamped on both passports. In the foreign passport, the immigration officer shall put either of the following notations on the provision for the authorized stay in the arrival or departure stamp:

“PP”- if a Philippine passport is also presented, or

“IC” – if an Identification Certificate is presented.

(MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. AFFJr. – 04 – 025 dated 14 December 2004).

Edited by Pinay Wife

Thank you very much Pinay Wife and sjr09 :) You've been most helpful! Thanks again!

• CR1 Timeline
  • 11.09.08 - Docs signed for by whoever R. Mercado is of USCIS... (via tracking result)
  • 06.25.09 - Approval Notice sent on e-mail from USCIS.. Yaaaa~Ha!!! Thanks "Bro"!
  • 09.28.09 - Medical
  • 03.02.10 - SSN recv'd

What if the father of my daughter is my fiance,who is a USC. We had her even before we file for a K1 visa petition,we also get a K2 for her so she will be included,,But some are saying K2 is not needed anymore,we might as well let the Consulate in Manila about it so if they will approved no need for K2 visa and she is automatically a US citizen too coz her father is a US citizen...I thought that is just for married filipina and US citizen one..My fiance even took a paternity leave when i gave birth and he is the one who even register the birth of our daughter and get an affidavit that Kiss(our daughter)can carry her name even we are not yet married...

Any helpful advice will be appreciated....THANKS! (F)

K1 JOURNEY

September 14, 2009 – NOA 1

December 17, 2009 – NOA 2(APPROVAL NOTICE)

January 6,2010 – NVC ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL REVIEW,RETURNED OUR PETITION TO USCIS

March 3, 2010 – REOPENED AND RECONSIDERED

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

APRIL 3, 2010 – REAFFIRMED(APPROVED)

APRIL 12, 2010 – CALLED NVC, CASE NO.ASSIGNED

APRIL 30, 2010 - CALLED NVC AGAIN, THEY SAID OUR PAPERS ARE STILL IN USCIS:(

JUNE 18, 2010 - FINALLY, NVC SENT OUR PAPERS TO MANILA

JUNE 25, 2010 - EMBASSY HAVE THE ELECTRONIC COPY

JULY 6 and 7 2010 - MEDICAL(PASSED^_^)

JULY 12, 2010 - INTERVIEW (PASSED)THANK YOU GOD!!!

JULY 21, 2009 - POE(SAN FRANCISCO,WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY:))

CRBA JOURNEY(out of WEDLOCK)

JANUARY 17, 2009 – called FEDEX, ordered packet!

MARCH 15, 2009 – CALLED FEDEX FOR PICK UP

MARCH 17, 2009 – RECEIVED A CALL FROM EMBASSY FOR OUR DAUGHTER’S APPERANCE.MAR. 30:)

MARCH 30, 2009 – CRBA APPROVED WITHOUT DNA,TO GOD BE THE GLORY:)

APRIL 14, 2009 – CRBA CERTIFICATE AND US PASSPORT RECEIVED(YAY!!!)

AOS

DECEMBER 7, 2010 – sent AOS docs via USPS Express mail to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

DECEMBER 8, 2010 – package was delivered to USCIS, signed by R. Mercado

DECEMBER 15, 2010 – cheque cashed

DECEMBER 17, 2010 - received NOA 1 for I-765, I-485 in the mail dated DEC. 14

DECEMBER 23, 2010 - received biometrics appointment(JAN 14,2010)dated DEC 17.

I FOUND MY DESTINY,MY SOUL MATE,MY BETTER HALF!

What if the father of my daughter is my fiance,who is a USC. We had her even before we file for a K1 visa petition,we also get a K2 for her so she will be included,,But some are saying K2 is not needed anymore,we might as well let the Consulate in Manila about it so if they will approved no need for K2 visa and she is automatically a US citizen too coz her father is a US citizen...I thought that is just for married filipina and US citizen one..My fiance even took a paternity leave when i gave birth and he is the one who even register the birth of our daughter and get an affidavit that Kiss(our daughter)can carry her name even we are not yet married...

Any helpful advice will be appreciated....THANKS! (F)

Married or not .. your daughter is still eligible for US Citizenship. :) You can apply for her CRBA. Go girl ;)

• CR1 Timeline
  • 09.28.09 - Medical
  • 03.02.10 - SSN recv'd

Married or not .. your daughter is still eligible for US Citizenship. :) You can apply for her CRBA. Go girl ;)

What are the requirements for applying for our daughter's CRBA?thnaks for the reply! :yes:

K1 JOURNEY

September 14, 2009 – NOA 1

December 17, 2009 – NOA 2(APPROVAL NOTICE)

January 6,2010 – NVC ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL REVIEW,RETURNED OUR PETITION TO USCIS

March 3, 2010 – REOPENED AND RECONSIDERED

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

APRIL 3, 2010 – REAFFIRMED(APPROVED)

APRIL 12, 2010 – CALLED NVC, CASE NO.ASSIGNED

APRIL 30, 2010 - CALLED NVC AGAIN, THEY SAID OUR PAPERS ARE STILL IN USCIS:(

JUNE 18, 2010 - FINALLY, NVC SENT OUR PAPERS TO MANILA

JUNE 25, 2010 - EMBASSY HAVE THE ELECTRONIC COPY

JULY 6 and 7 2010 - MEDICAL(PASSED^_^)

JULY 12, 2010 - INTERVIEW (PASSED)THANK YOU GOD!!!

JULY 21, 2009 - POE(SAN FRANCISCO,WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY:))

CRBA JOURNEY(out of WEDLOCK)

JANUARY 17, 2009 – called FEDEX, ordered packet!

MARCH 15, 2009 – CALLED FEDEX FOR PICK UP

MARCH 17, 2009 – RECEIVED A CALL FROM EMBASSY FOR OUR DAUGHTER’S APPERANCE.MAR. 30:)

MARCH 30, 2009 – CRBA APPROVED WITHOUT DNA,TO GOD BE THE GLORY:)

APRIL 14, 2009 – CRBA CERTIFICATE AND US PASSPORT RECEIVED(YAY!!!)

AOS

DECEMBER 7, 2010 – sent AOS docs via USPS Express mail to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

DECEMBER 8, 2010 – package was delivered to USCIS, signed by R. Mercado

DECEMBER 15, 2010 – cheque cashed

DECEMBER 17, 2010 - received NOA 1 for I-765, I-485 in the mail dated DEC. 14

DECEMBER 23, 2010 - received biometrics appointment(JAN 14,2010)dated DEC 17.

I FOUND MY DESTINY,MY SOUL MATE,MY BETTER HALF!

What are the requirements for applying for our daughter's CRBA?thnaks for the reply! :yes:

Hey girl so many fellow pinays here can help you on how to apply for crba.

I did that almost 2 yrs. ago. I am alread married to my USC husband and is a permanent resident already here in US when i gave birth in Pinas to our child. Eventhough i was already married to the father of my child..still i had to apply for my baby's CRBA to get his US citizenship because he is not automatically a citizen. Read my reply to your other post.

Hi CathylovesRick,

You need to apply for CRBA right away. My fiance and I were in the same situation. The USEM approved my fiances K-1 but she cannot get it until our sons CRBA is complete. Her interview was Jan 11th and we now have to wait with fingers crossed for my sons CRBA appointment on Jan 22. It is much better to get this done before the K-1 interview. Also make sure the USC father completes forms DS-3053 (Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16) and DS-11 (Application for a U.S. Passport) The DS-3053 will need to be notorized. To make things easier on my fiance I went to the USEM website and downloaded the required forms and filled them out and sent them all by Fed-Ex to my fiance to include in the packet that Air21/FedEx sent to the USEM. My Faince was called the day after Air21/FedEx delivered to the USEM to setup an appointment.

You will need to call Air21/FedEx and they will deliver the necessary forms via courier. Just complete or have your fiance complete the necesssary forms, include everything they ask for on the check list and also include the notorized DS-3053 and DS-11 filled out by the USC father and call Air21/FedEx they will pick up the forms and deliver to the USEM. I have listed the information for Air21/FedEx below. I hope this helps and good luck.

ACS-Air21/FedEx LOCAL COURIER SERVICE can provide the following:

■Delivery of blank US passport and US citizenship application forms.

■Pick-up and delivery services of completed applications form(s) and supporting documents to the US Embassy.

■Delivery of U.S. passports, Report of Births Abroad and submitted documents back to you.

Here is how it works -

1.Call Air21/FedEx (02) 879-4747 and request delivery of the specific application forms that you need.

2.Complete the forms

3.Call (02) 879-4747 and request Air21/FedEx to pick up and deliver your completed application forms to the U.S. Embassy.

4.The Passport and Citizenship Unit of the US Embassy will call you for a personal appointment, if necessary.

5.Air21/FedEx will deliver your passports and citizenship documents right to your home. .

Naturalization

3-24-2014 Mailed N-400

3-26-2014 N-400 received at Lewisville, TX

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, my fiance and I are just finishing up all our requirements for the k1 visa. She is due to arrive here in the states in another 10 days. I stumbled across this discussion looking for info pertaining to the exit clearance from BI in manila for our 9 month girl. We have handled everything from start to finish, a long 10 month process. But I think the babies documents tacked on another month or so because I had to fly back for a month to get her BC and CRBA/US passport. No way they will process local and then NSO birth certificate without my signature unless I was deceased. We had help at NSO because we knew someone but it still took almost 2 weeks with the brownouts to get her BC sent to NSO for the final document. All the other stuff from start to finish is pretty easy and straightforward if you take the time to do your due diligence and prepare ahead of time. Unknowns for the CRBA/passport started creeping in once it went to the manila embassy for processing but there is no way of knowing until you actually do it. Things change daily there so its difficult to keep website info current, especially there. So a few things we didnt expect were, first, the CRBA/passport submittal states you can apply for CRBA by calling Air21, and you can apply for passport by walk-in, or you can submit both simultaneaously..yeah, a little confusing. So it took a visit to embassy and 3 hrs later have a guy open the window, tell you you cant, throw you the correct printout of instruction, bids you have a nice day, and promptly closes the window before we can ask any questions..oh well it wasnt so bad we found out that the people waiting with us had alot of answers and experience. All forms can be found online as PDF's but most you cannot save with data, so be prepared. If you use local cafes to do this dont assume they use Acrobat, but some did on the main supervisors pc and they were nice enough to let us use it. The CRBA interview came within a week and my fiance said it was more stressful than the K1 interview. Also if the US parent CANNOT be present at the interview dont bother getting documents needing notarization from US parent notarized there like I did before I had to leave, they will be refused. The notarization has to come from the US. They sent only her passport back by Air21 and sent her approved CRBA to the embassy because its needed to finish the K1 visa, which both came back within 2 weeks, CRBA in 1 and the visa in 2. I would advise reading carefully the packet recieved with the visa because things that are important to the US embassy are not necessarily things important to the filipino embassy..and vice versa, but both have requirements, dont buy a plane ticket just yet. Because of things like human trafficking the filipino gov requires all fiances and spouses to attend the CFO Orientation (http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=297&Itemid=77), it's supposed to take halfday but remember the philippines is suffering from alot of brownouts lately, so expect delays in processing, prepare to spend the day. You can register for this class online and they will send you a confirmation but earliest is 5 days from when you register. Its not really an appt, its first come first serve but you need to register and then go during the scheduled times. All the info is on their site. By going to this orientation you will learn that your child, if given only a US passport, will have to get a BI clearance from the immigration office on the third floor of the Equitable Bank Building in Intramurous ph # (2) 338-4540 Hours are: 8:30am to 5pm.(http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php) the requirements are as follows: 1) Photo copy of her birth certificate 2) Photo copy of her CRBA 3) Photo copy of her passport 4) Three 2x2 color pics. Thats where we are now and we're trying to call but there was a recent typhoon this week thats making the brownouts, traffic, and everything delayed even more. As soon as we are done we will post that procedure here as well. Hope this info was helpful. The reality of it can make you give up but maybe they want to see how much you want to be together.

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know if this holds true with a dual citizen infant who is leaving the Philippines for the first time? My son holds both US and Phils passports...trying to find out if he is good to go with my CR1 wife without having a CFO stamp in his Phils passport - he's a non-immigrant, so I would think so, but no one seems to know the answer. Anyone...please? They are flying in 13 hours and I've been trying desperately to find the answer since the middle of last night, when I suddenly woke with the realization it could be an issue. Please if you know...let me know...thanks....

Here's a link to the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation website

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option...9&Itemid=80

DEPARTURE

Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, who presented a foreign passport at the time of their admission into the Philippines may be cleared for departure without need of surrendering a certificate, permit or proof of payment of imposable immigration fees, provided, he/she also shows a genuine and valid passport and/or Identification Certificate. However, if the Filipino does not have a Philippine passport, an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) fee of P710.00 shall be charged for using a foreign passport upon departure.

In the arrival, stay and departure of Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, where the Filipino presents a Philippine passport and a foreign passport, the arrival or departure stamp shall be stamped on both passports. In the foreign passport, the immigration officer shall put either of the following notations on the provision for the authorized stay in the arrival or departure stamp:

“PP”- if a Philippine passport is also presented, or

“IC” – if an Identification Certificate is presented.

(MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. AFFJr. – 04 – 025 dated 14 December 2004).

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Does anyone know if this holds true with a dual citizen infant who is leaving the Philippines for the first time? My son holds both US and Phils passports...trying to find out if he is good to go with my CR1 wife without having a CFO stamp in his Phils passport - he's a non-immigrant, so I would think so, but no one seems to know the answer. Anyone...please? They are flying in 13 hours and I've been trying desperately to find the answer since the middle of last night, when I suddenly woke with the realization it could be an issue. Please if you know...let me know...thanks....

Your son is good to go without CFO if US passport is presented. He will be required to pay immigration exit clearance fees, however, so your wife needs to prepare some money, between P3,000~P5,000

If Philippine passport is presented, CFO registration will be required but he will not pay the exit clearance fee. He may have to pay reduced travel tax of P810 if he is above 2 years old, exempt if below 2.

Your son is good to go without CFO if US passport is presented. He will be required to pay immigration exit clearance fees, however, so your wife needs to prepare some money, between P3,000~P5,000

If Philippine passport is presented, CFO registration will be required but he will not pay the exit clearance fee. He may have to pay reduced travel tax of P810 if he is above 2 years old, exempt if below 2.

Thanks for the reply. Two questions:

1) What if he presents both passports? We have been told that by doing so, he does not need to pay the immigration clearance fee

2) Is it even possible for our son to register with CFO, since he isn't traveling on a visa, given that he is a dual citizen?

Thanks, please let me know - this is very confusing, my wife was just at the main CFO office and they insisted he doesn't need a CFO stamp, she even talked to the head of the place. :blink:

My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Citizenship

Thanks for the reply. Two questions:

1) What if he presents both passports? We have been told that by doing so, he does not need to pay the immigration clearance fee

Both passports may be presented. Immigration clearance fees may or may not be imposed. It would depend on the Immigration Officer how he will apply dual citizenship privileges.

2) Is it even possible for our son to register with CFO, since he isn't traveling on a visa, given that he is a dual citizen?

CFO will register the child if it has no prior knowledge of the dual citizenship or if parent insists on registration by asserting the Philippine citizenship of the child.

Thanks, please let me know - this is very confusing, my wife was just at the main CFO office and they insisted he doesn't need a CFO stamp, she even talked to the head of the place. :blink:

The rules are really confusing since they are not uniformly applied.

Wife just texted me, all checked in and everything ok, showed both passports, no immigration clearance fee for my son: "...everything ok here, we already checked in without any problem, excess baggage but we were not charged too, office was very nice and considerate, charmed by Nathan hehe..." :thumbs:

Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.