VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This is probably posted somewhere so I apologise if it has.

I just recently had my petition approved (yay!). We received an email from USCIS but haven't received the hard copy yet. I am in Victoria, so I thought Melbourne would be handling everything, but I understand that Sydney will handle the K1 petition.

So I had a few questions for Australian beneficiaries as the timelines for each country seem to differ greatly...

1. How long from NOA2 did it take to get Packet 3?

2. How long after you sent Packet 3 did you receive Packet 4?

3. How long did it take to get your appointment booked?

From information I've read online, when I receive P3 I have my police check (fingerprint one??), and then send off the DS156 & 156K and once they receive it, I should be sent P4.

Can anyone tell me if there is an interview date already listed when I receive P4? If this is the case, how long in advance is it usually booked? I read something else that said something about "calling to book the interview date" but that was for another country so I don't know if it applies here as well...

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Vanessa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

NOA2 - to packet 3 is really dependent on the NVC (National Visa Center) it could be days to go from USCIS to Sydney or it could be Months, it all depends on if it gets stuck in AP or not.

Once you receive packet 3 and return it too Sydney it n average should be 4-6 weeks to secure an interview (packet 4 tells you our interview date).

You can have your fingerprints and medical organized to be done as soon as your packet 3 is received. I believe with Victoria you can have your fingerprints and medical sent to you and you then take the to the interview, you dont have to send them back with packet 3.

Hope that helps.

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Timeline

thanks :) I just read something about a fee you pay at the consulate for the interview. What is that for?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Okay guys, update!!

I have now received Packet 3!! Woohoo! I have updated dates in my signature so that you know when and approximate time-frames etc. I still need to update my timeline but hopefully when you're reading this I already have :) The purpose for this update, is so that you Aussie's know what to expect, I hate being uninformed so I hope this helps :)

So, I'm assuming because my fiance registered for "updates" on the USCIS website, or it could be because we always put email addresses on forms, but rather than wait for mail, we got our P3 via email yesterday to my fiance's email addy, and he forwarded it to me. I note though that nothing actually changed on the USCIS website. Must be an external thing. Anyway...

The email went to my fiance which simply said "K1 - Packet 3" in the subject line. It was a very short, maybe 5 sentence email that had my Sydney reference number (neither Melbourne, Canberra or Perth embassy's process fiance Visa's. They go through Sydney) and my name for me to confirm was correct, and a document.

The document was only 2 pages and included websites for more information, and a "do you want us to send you forms and updates via email" which I sign and mail back if I want, which I definitely do and will be mailing off tomorrow. I was thinking I would register/express everything I send, even a seemingly little form like this. I was told it's good practice.

The most impt part to me, was finding out that I needed to fill in "Form DS-230 Part I" and send it back ASAP. Just basically almost a duplicate of the G325 form (the biographic data form) so if you still have that, piece of cake! :P I don't send it with any documents, like police check or anything, just the form so they can "process my case". I will probably include the email form, they didn't say NOT to.

Once I have my medical results, my police check, my birth certificate etc, I mail them another form, DSL-1076 (the one with all the tick boxes) saying that I have all the information for my interview. I also need to include all the documents. The worst part of THIS is that I need my medical results to do this. Hopefully I can book that test ASAP (I'll tell you all once I've "made the calls" tomorrow roughly how long I need to wait). Turns out that I don't to be mailed medical forms, that they will have them at the doctors. I just need to remember my US passport size pics and my immunisation history.

After I mail that off, I assume that I will be mailed my interview date. This is why I want the appointment ASAP... because I know that the medical appointment can take a while to book, and then the results take about another week to be returned. I've also been told that booking an appointment in Sydney can take a while, and, silly me, I already have a booked a flight (because of my wedding and all :P) so at least when the interview is booked I'll know for sure how long to change my flight to.

Websites: (links updated 11 March 2010)

Forms required: (links updated 11 March 2010)

Note: Remember to PHOTOCOPY everything you send. I was warned that I might be asked at some stage to show them some of the information again. Plus, like the G325 and the DS-230, because they're pretty similar it makes life lots easier :D

Hope this helps and good luck! :)

**Edit -- This website changed so I edited to fix these links - 11 March 2010

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Hey guys again.

Anther update :)

I booked my medical appointment with Dr. Okraglik for Friday. I tried Dr. Poppenbeek first because he had a website that gave me info BUT given what I know now, a lot of his information is outdated. Anyway to get an interview with Dr. Poppenbeek I'd have to wait till August 18!! Called Dr. Okraglik and the receptionist asked when I wanted my appointment. I said "ASAP, tomorrow if you have it :)". She said she couldn't do tomorrow but she could do Friday. That makes me VERY happy because by the time I get the signed Affidavit of Support from my fiance, and the police check I should also have my medical results. So, hopefully by Friday next week I'll be able to send off everything.

VERY excited :)

Timeline

THINGS I WISH I'D KNOWN

• All K1 Fiance Visa interviews occur through Sydney. Have a look at the "embassy reviews" (http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Australia) to find out what to expect
  • There is a fee of around US$131 that will be required at the interview for the visa issuance (http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consular/visas/iv/fees.html) It's not that it's a lot of money or anything, I just wish I'd known to expect it, especially if I was paying for it it (instead of my US fiance), I'd have waited for a good exchange rate.
  • Get your fiance working on the I-134 Affidavit of Support info now... well looking into getting it at least and how long it would take. Getting the statements from the banks turned out to be harder than we thought.
  • You can get your Police check BEFORE you received P3 so once you get NOA2 I'd apply for it. You can get it earlier than that but if it's a long time between NOA1 and P3 stuff you don't want to have wasted the money (I think they're valid 6 months??)
  • If you're in Victoria, you can have your fingerprints taken at any police station. All info I read said "Melbourne" until I read the official P3 stuff that said "any station". That saved me a trip to the City.
  • Medical test - it didn't look like i "needed" to have P3 when I got my medical test done. All the forms (which the doctor gives you, at least in Vic) had "case number (if known)" which makes me think i didn't NEED to know it which means you don't need to wait for P3. Medical test results are only valid for a year
  • Medical test (vic) - Dr. Poppenbeek's website information is REALLY out of date and parts of it are wrong. Dr. Okraglik (Dr. Charles) booked me an appt 2 days after I called, Dr. Poppenbeek had a wait time of over a month. AND Dr. Charles had blood test, xrays and immunisations all in the same building. No running down the street like with Dr. Poppenbeek.
  • Immunisations happen there and then (at least at the one i went to). Very happy with that.
  • Some of the paperwork, or things for the paperwork, you can get started on now so that when the time comes it's just a matter of signing, dating and posting. The DS-230 that you have to send ASAP after receiving P3 asks for school, employment and where you've lived information, like the G-325, but accommodation since 16, and for the last 10 years for employment. Luckily I had some of that already but still, that can take a while to remember :)

It's a long process but totally worth it. The longest part for us was the NOA1 to NOA2 which took 4 months. Now it's all happening pretty quickly. Woot!

Timeline

MEDICAL APPOINTMENT INFORMATION - MELBOURNE

So, on Friday I had my medical appointment. As I said in a post above, I called the doctors on Wednesday the 15th July 2009 to try and book an appointment. I called Dr. Poppenbeek's office first basically because they had a website so I knew what to expect. They told me that the next available appointment was August 18th. I then called the other doctors office, Dr. Okraglik (Dr. Charles is what he goes by), and they asked when I wanted an appointment and I said tomorrow hopefully, but she said she only had Friday the 17th July 2009 available at 11am.. I of course said yes :)

I arrived early, 10.30am and started filling in the paperwork. They had all the forms that i needed and all I needed to bring were 3 photos (they didn't know what to do with 2 of them but kept them just in case), my immunisation records, and my passport. I was also asked to give a urine sample and keep it with me until they asked for it (lovely :blink:). I was told I would pay at the end as payment would include any immunisations if I needed them.

The forms basically were for medical history, immunisations and x-ray. There were only a few places I filled things in... tick boxes for "have you had any of the following.." and my name, passport number, date of birth and my case number (if known).

DOCTOR

I was called in to see the doctor at around 11.15am. He wasn't mean, he just seemed, busy. Not overly talkative, don't think he smiled once, just straight to the point.

Here is the rough schedule of what he did: He,

• asked most of the questions that i'd already answered in medical history
  • asked me for my immunisation records (I took my baby book so he went from that first, then any updates I had) then wrote what i needed on a form
  • asked me to stand up with my arms straight out and eyes closed
  • had me stand in a corner facing away from him and block each ear in turn while he whispered numbers and had me repeat them
  • had me stand in the same spot and read the bottom line of an eye chart
  • Had me sit on the bench, lift my shirt and listen to me breath from my back, and then front
  • checked/felt my neck (for lymph nodes i assume, or swollen glands)
  • checked/felt under my arms (again for lymph nodes)
  • pulled my pant legs up and check my ankles (no idea why)
  • had me undo my pants a little so he could do the tapping thing all over my belly (couldn't reach my lower belly otherwise)
  • then he pushed in all around my belly in the same spots he tapped
  • then he had me flex my tummy muscles (such as they are :P) and pressed again
  • had me take a deep breath then breath out while he pushed up against my diaphragm (under my rib cage)
  • placed his fingers in between my pelvis and upper leg in front (nothing suss) and had me turn my head and cough. He did this for both legs (checking for hernias)

Then I sat up. He asked about pap smears and i told him I have them every 2 years and have one coming up. He asked that I send him the results when I get them.

He then said we were all done and I would go and the nurses would help me now. He asked how i would like to collect my results, whether I wanted to pick them up or have them mailed. I asked that they be mailed and express posted. He had no problem with that and wrote the charges down (in doctor writing so I had no idea :P).

BLOOD TEST

I was asked to take a seat and was waiting around 1/2 hour (they were pretty busy) till a nurse called me and took me to have my blood taken. It was only one vile of blood to test for HIV and syphallis I believe. It didn't hurt at all and she was lovely.

X-RAY

I then was told to sit in a little room while I waited for the x-ray guy. i was waiting around 10 mins and eventually he came and handed me a really flimsy (throw away I think) gown and told to strip down to my waist. I had to remove a necklace if I was wearing one (I wasn't). He then took me to the room and had me stand up against the x-ray board and on his count I had to take a deep breath and hold it till he told me I could breath again (5 seconds maybe). He told me to make sure I stayed close to the board when I took the deep breath. I got changed and waited while it printed (5 mins) while he checked to make sure it worked out okay (otherwise he'd've done it again).

THE NURSE - IMMUNISATION etc

Eventually I was taken to see the nurse who does a small assessment and give my immunisations.

She:

• took my urine sample (woohoo... finally!!)
  • had me look at a colour blindness thing and read the numbers in the circles
  • asked me if i needed glasses (I told her i HAVE glasses but I only need them for computer work)
  • had me stand on a scale (eep!)
  • measured my height (which was WRONG btw I have NOT shrunken 2 cms!)
  • gave me my injection (I had Adacel which is Pertussis (whooping cough), dyptheria, and tetanus boosters). Again didn't hurt

And that was it. She gave me my paperwork and sent me to the front to pay and finish up.

All up it cost:

• Standard fee - $330.00
  • Immunisation - $ 55.00
  • Express Post - $ 5.00
  • TOTAL $390.00

I left at around 12.30pm. It took an hour and a half overall so I suggest taking some food to snack on in case you get hungry. It could take less time but I was waiting a while and it was QUITE busy and the girl's admitted a girl was off sick so they were a little understaffed.

Good experience all in all and I was told i should *hopefully* get my results around Wednesday :) I was told that I was to take those with me to the interview (and mail them of course with P3). I told the doctor I read somewhere they would send them to the consulate. He said that only happened if there was something wrong otherwise they go to me :)

Very excited :D Hope this helps one, or some of you in some small way. Good luck :D

P.S. Some of the information on Dr. Poppenbeek's site appeared to be out of date so be careful reading that. I like the Dr. Charles had the x-ray and bloods all in the same building where with Dr. Poppenbeek you have to go to a different place about 4 city blocks away. Not a real big difference but i felt less stressed just sitting and waiting. Take a book or something... their reading collection was pretty average :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
MEDICAL APPOINTMENT INFORMATION - MELBOURNE

So, on Friday I had my medical appointment. As I said in a post above, I called the doctors on Wednesday the 15th July 2009 to try and book an appointment. I called Dr. Poppenbeek's office first basically because they had a website so I knew what to expect. They told me that the next available appointment was August 18th. I then called the other doctors office, Dr. Okraglik (Dr. Charles is what he goes by), and they asked when I wanted an appointment and I said tomorrow hopefully, but she said she only had Friday the 17th July 2009 available at 11am.. I of course said yes :)

I arrived early, 10.30am and started filling in the paperwork. They had all the forms that i needed and all I needed to bring were 3 photos (they didn't know what to do with 2 of them but kept them just in case), my immunisation records, and my passport. I was also asked to give a urine sample and keep it with me until they asked for it (lovely :blink:). I was told I would pay at the end as payment would include any immunisations if I needed them.

The forms basically were for medical history, immunisations and x-ray. There were only a few places I filled things in... tick boxes for "have you had any of the following.." and my name, passport number, date of birth and my case number (if known).

DOCTOR

I was called in to see the doctor at around 11.15am. He wasn't mean, he just seemed, busy. Not overly talkative, don't think he smiled once, just straight to the point.

Here is the rough schedule of what he did: He,

• asked most of the questions that i'd already answered in medical history
  • asked me for my immunisation records (I took my baby book so he went from that first, then any updates I had) then wrote what i needed on a form
  • asked me to stand up with my arms straight out and eyes closed
  • had me stand in a corner facing away from him and block each ear in turn while he whispered numbers and had me repeat them
  • had me stand in the same spot and read the bottom line of an eye chart
  • Had me sit on the bench, lift my shirt and listen to me breath from my back, and then front
  • checked/felt my neck (for lymph nodes i assume, or swollen glands)
  • checked/felt under my arms (again for lymph nodes)
  • pulled my pant legs up and check my ankles (no idea why)
  • had me undo my pants a little so he could do the tapping thing all over my belly (couldn't reach my lower belly otherwise)
  • then he pushed in all around my belly in the same spots he tapped
  • then he had me flex my tummy muscles (such as they are :P) and pressed again
  • had me take a deep breath then breath out while he pushed up against my diaphragm (under my rib cage)
  • placed his fingers in between my pelvis and upper leg in front (nothing suss) and had me turn my head and cough. He did this for both legs (checking for hernias)

Then I sat up. He asked about pap smears and i told him I have them every 2 years and have one coming up. He asked that I send him the results when I get them.

He then said we were all done and I would go and the nurses would help me now. He asked how i would like to collect my results, whether I wanted to pick them up or have them mailed. I asked that they be mailed and express posted. He had no problem with that and wrote the charges down (in doctor writing so I had no idea :P).

BLOOD TEST

I was asked to take a seat and was waiting around 1/2 hour (they were pretty busy) till a nurse called me and took me to have my blood taken. It was only one vile of blood to test for HIV and syphallis I believe. It didn't hurt at all and she was lovely.

X-RAY

I then was told to sit in a little room while I waited for the x-ray guy. i was waiting around 10 mins and eventually he came and handed me a really flimsy (throw away I think) gown and told to strip down to my waist. I had to remove a necklace if I was wearing one (I wasn't). He then took me to the room and had me stand up against the x-ray board and on his count I had to take a deep breath and hold it till he told me I could breath again (5 seconds maybe). He told me to make sure I stayed close to the board when I took the deep breath. I got changed and waited while it printed (5 mins) while he checked to make sure it worked out okay (otherwise he'd've done it again).

THE NURSE - IMMUNISATION etc

Eventually I was taken to see the nurse who does a small assessment and give my immunisations.

She:

• took my urine sample (woohoo... finally!!)
  • had me look at a colour blindness thing and read the numbers in the circles
  • asked me if i needed glasses (I told her i HAVE glasses but I only need them for computer work)
  • had me stand on a scale (eep!)
  • measured my height (which was WRONG btw I have NOT shrunken 2 cms!)
  • gave me my injection (I had Adacel which is Pertussis (whooping cough), dyptheria, and tetanus boosters). Again didn't hurt

And that was it. She gave me my paperwork and sent me to the front to pay and finish up.

All up it cost:

• Standard fee - $330.00
  • Immunisation - $ 55.00
  • Express Post - $ 5.00
  • TOTAL $390.00

I left at around 12.30pm. It took an hour and a half overall so I suggest taking some food to snack on in case you get hungry. It could take less time but I was waiting a while and it was QUITE busy and the girl's admitted a girl was off sick so they were a little understaffed.

Good experience all in all and I was told i should *hopefully* get my results around Wednesday :) I was told that I was to take those with me to the interview (and mail them of course with P3). I told the doctor I read somewhere they would send them to the consulate. He said that only happened if there was something wrong otherwise they go to me :)

Very excited :D Hope this helps one, or some of you in some small way. Good luck :D

P.S. Some of the information on Dr. Poppenbeek's site appeared to be out of date so be careful reading that. I like the Dr. Charles had the x-ray and bloods all in the same building where with Dr. Poppenbeek you have to go to a different place about 4 city blocks away. Not a real big difference but i felt less stressed just sitting and waiting. Take a book or something... their reading collection was pretty average :)

wow you were very descriptive but most importantly imformative for others, i have been through all that now, but i couldnt remember the amount of detail you went into...and congrats by the way. you will notice that it will fly by soon. i am now living with my husband in the USA after going through the K1 visa process, i jumped the gun and had my medical before i had packet 3 but that was ok (the medical is good for one year and you will need it for AOS - at least the vaccinantion part) once you petition leave NVC it will really fly, once it leaves there may i suggest you email syd embassy to see if they have it and therefore they will have your email addy and they can email you packet #4. once i got packet number 3 i think my interview date was 11 days later. we will have to hand over your passport but they send it back to you within a couple of days with the express post envelope you supply them ( those instructions are in packet#3..i think) once you have your passport back your free to come to the USA to be with your fiance. so unless your very unlucky like me being stuck at NVC for 6 weeks i would assume you'll be having your interview before the end of August!! good luck..glad to see more Aussies here.. oii oii oii

K1

see my timeline for K1

Applied for SSN : 2009-05-07

Received SSN : 2009-05-11 (maiden Name)

Marriage : 2009-06-27

AOS

Filed: 2009-07-20

Delivered : 2009-07-22 Signed by - R MERCADO.

NOA's dated : 2009-07-27

received NOA's : 2009-07-31

touched : 2009-07-30 for EAD, I-485 and AP

Bio Appointment : 2009-08-21

touched: AOS case moved to California 2009-09-09

EAD Card Ordered : 2009-09-17

AP Approved: 2009-09-17

AP Received: 2009-09-24

EAD Card Received: 2009-09-24

Case transfered again, back to the NBC we go 2009-10-13

Woohooo got my drivers license today 2009-10-13

2009-11-05 Went to change my SSN to my married name but was told it wasnt in the system yet i receive mail from USCIS in my married name

April 15th 2010, received email that my green card is on its way woohooo!!!

April 23rd 2010 received my greencard today

ezub3hz.png

Timeline
wow you were very descriptive but most importantly imformative for others, i have been through all that now, but i couldnt remember the amount of detail you went into...and congrats by the way. you will notice that it will fly by soon. i am now living with my husband in the USA after going through the K1 visa process, i jumped the gun and had my medical before i had packet 3 but that was ok (the medical is good for one year and you will need it for AOS - at least the vaccinantion part) once you petition leave NVC it will really fly, once it leaves there may i suggest you email syd embassy to see if they have it and therefore they will have your email addy and they can email you packet #4. once i got packet number 3 i think my interview date was 11 days later. we will have to hand over your passport but they send it back to you within a couple of days with the express post envelope you supply them ( those instructions are in packet#3..i think) once you have your passport back your free to come to the USA to be with your fiance. so unless your very unlucky like me being stuck at NVC for 6 weeks i would assume you'll be having your interview before the end of August!! good luck..glad to see more Aussies here.. oii oii oii

Thanks for the positive comment :) I wrote it all down after it was done because i had a 3 hour bus and train trip home and thought others might benefit. I know I stress out about it, not knowing exactly what to expect so I hoped that others reading this would feel a little at ease, a little more prepared.

So, in regards to your comments, when I received P3, they sent a form that I needed to fill in with my email details and send back so I hope that's the same as emailing them to make sure they received it and thus giving them my email address :D I'm happy that they're doing everything by email. Makes like that little bit easier, AND faster :) I also had to send form DS-230 (part 1) and did that immediately.

I'm REALLY happy to read that you got your interview so soon after sending P3 back. I really want my interview in August sometime, the sooner the better of course :) I'm just waiting on my doctors results, my police certificate and the I-134 from my fiance which I anticipate receiving before the end of next week and hope to have the packet out the same time.

I'm really really excited about it. I can't wait to FINALLY end the long distance relationship. I'm excited at waking up to him, and him coming home from work. Not desperately trying to remember things, and what I have and haven't told him because the time difference means I can't just call at any time...

What part of the States are you in? I was in Houston for 2 months and didn't hear a single aussie accent (except in an ad with a kangaroo of course :P) until I was at LAX about to fly out. It was weird hearing it again, plus I'll admit the girls I heard were from syndey and VERY "Kath and Kim" types. lol. I'll be in Houston for about a month, then we want to move back to his home state, Iowa. He's just finishing up school now.

wow awesome. i will be going to the same doctor you went to definitely. my mum works where he is too haha. bonus!

do you think i could book one in before getting noa2? i mean i am not about to go and do it, but is it possible to book prior to getting the nvc stuff done?

just wondered koz you said something about being able to do it before packet 3??

anyway, good work! i am off to get my blood test next week to see what i have been immunized for. by the way, does anyone have a link to what immunizations i need?

ta!

Timeline
wow awesome. i will be going to the same doctor you went to definitely. my mum works where he is too haha. bonus!

do you think i could book one in before getting noa2? i mean i am not about to go and do it, but is it possible to book prior to getting the nvc stuff done?

just wondered koz you said something about being able to do it before packet 3??

anyway, good work! i am off to get my blood test next week to see what i have been immunized for. by the way, does anyone have a link to what immunizations i need?

ta!

tommys_girl (the post above mine) said that she did and she didn't have anything go wrong. I would however, probably wait maybe 2 months or so from the NOA1 date because, as tommys_girl said, it's only valid for a year and you need the vaccination stuff at least for the AOS so better to be safe than sorry.

It is completely up to you but I'm a little wary as I've seen some peoples cases take a LONG time (not all, just some) and I would be a little irritated that i paid a minimum of $330 for a test that I then had to take again. Knowing that Dr. Charles was able to see me pretty darn quick that makes me feel better but it is completely up to you.

My case is a little time sensitive (well a LOT time sensitive) because I was silly enough (or smart enough 'cause they were on sale :P) to buy plane tickets so if I could go back I would do the police test sooner but probably not the medical, because it was pretty expensive and now I know the booking time was good.

Good luck with your decision though. I'm happy my experience helped you :D

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ugh. So annoyed at the Vic Police atm!

I'm STILL waiting for my police check to be returned and I applied on the 7th July, resent it on the 10th July (address proof missing) but they only logged in on the 14th July and I'm STILL waiting. I called on Wednesday last week (29th July) and was told "we're mailing it tonight, you should get it tomorrow". Needless to say it STILL hasn't arrived. It's been more than 3 weeks which is COMPLETELY unacceptable and once I have it i will be making a complaint. It's officially 15 days if i get it tomorrow but still!!

I think I should receive it tomorrow (well today really seeing it's after midnight), and I should get my fiance's I-134 in the mail on Wednesday 5th August... I've even had my medical tests done and the results returned and the appointment was a week after I sent my police check. I really wanted it all out before August too, then I have a whole month.... I got P3 on the 14th July and I just feel like these 15 days have been wasted on stupid paperwork and mail delays when I could be waiting and preparing for my interview... /sigh.

I can't even BOOK my interview till I send all this off. I am hoping hoping hoping that I get my finace's items earlier than he thought. That would make me VERY happy :)

I think also part of my stress is wedding planning. I plan to leave on the 12th Sept, to get married Nov 7th.... but I can't book things becuse nothings confirmed yet. I should be packing to leave, sorting out my things, and instead I had my first wedding nightmare last night where I forgot to buy a steam iron and my dress was wrinkled, and I forgot to book and hair and makeup artist and i was running all over the house freaking out that I only had an hour till the wedding. Yah. I'm stressed :P

Anyway, just thought I would fill you all in. i will update again when I have finally received what I need, mailed it off and received my interview date... *please in August, please in August!*

Hope you are all well and your cases are progressing smoothly.

Hugs :) V* :)

Timeline

UPDATE - PACKET 4

So I finally received P4 via email today!! :dance: Also, I DID receive my police check that Monday 3rd August, AND my fiance's parcel that had the I-134 stuff in it arrived the next day.. at least a day ahead of schedule :D I sent P3 out that same day. YAY!!

If you see my signature, I received P4, two days after sending P3. I have filled in my timeline and my signature with the details :D

I received P4 via email because I completed the "email address form" that was sent with P3. I received it at 2.11pm today. Funnily enough I think I checked my email about 5 mins before that, and then I didn't check again till 4pm. Lol. Typical. My fiance was asleep by that stage and gets up early so I had to wait till 8.30pm to tell him :D. Everyone else definitely heard about it... lol. The email is sent from "SydneyIV"... needless to say I was very excited to see that name in my inbox :)

The body of the email says: ---

"Dear XXXX,

Your appointment has been scheduled for Tuesday, August XX, 2009 at XX:XX. Please bring this email as confirmation of your appointment and present it to our security guards on the day of your interview.

This document identifies additional documentation you will be required to supply on the day of interview. Failure to do so may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.

There is one Microsoft Word document attached to the email which is a 4 page document check list. There are some instructions at the top of the first page, they are: ---

"Thank you for providing our office with documents for your final immigrant visa interview. Your appointment has been scheduled for:

Tuesday, August XX, 2009 at XX:XX

Please go to Level 10 of the MLC Centre for security check in on the day of your interview and present this letter to our security guards on the day of your interview to access the Consulate.

A review of your documents show that the following items will still be required before a visa can be issued to you. Please refer to the list below of items checked that will be required on the day of your scheduled appointment. If you have any queries on either of the below requirements please contact our office via email sydneyiv@state.gov .

Please ensure that the panel physician provides you with a copy of Form DS-3025, Vaccination Documentation Worksheet as part of your permanent health record. You should hand-carry this document with your sealed visa package and any other medical paperwork."

There is then what equates to around two pages of items that may be missing in the form of a check list which is marked by the person who received your package. At the front of each item are brackets "( )" that could contain an "X". Any item with an "X" needs to be brought to the interview. A small example of things on the list are: police certificate, birth certificate, marriage certificate, evidence of support, translations etc. Basically anything that you may have been asked for previously, but have failed to provide, or which may be inadequate.

Personally, items ticked on my list were: passport, fee (AUD$170.30), and 3kg express post envelope. It also tells me that when I arrive I am to take a ticket (for the queue) for the "immigrant visa section".

The fee is to be paid at Australia Post. When my fiance sent me his I-134 documents, he sent me a money order for US$131, as that's what we were told the fee was, it said it on the website with the links from P3. I don't know at this stage whether they will allow me to pay with US, or whether I should just get the money exchanged. I'm concerned because the P4 checklist says AUD, I dont know if they'll accept a receipt for US. I'll update you all tomorrow when I go and ask the post office :)

I am VERY excited :) I have booked my flight to sydney with VirginBlue. It's costing me $81 (inc GST) each way. I saw online cheaper flights and asked my agent (family friend) why not the cheaper ones. She advised that from experience, and her friends experiences, that Tiger Airways (who are doing the cheap flights) deliberately overbook because the flights are cheap and people tend to miss the flights rather than cancel in time because it's so little money to lose. Her friend arrived for the flight and was told to come back tomorrow because the flight was overbooked. Apparently it's in the terms and conditions of the cheaper fare. Given that information, I forked out (or rather my mum did 'cause i get paid tomorrow :P) $162 for my flight to sydney. More than i expected, but at least it's a guaranteed flight :D My flight arrives at 7.40am, and my interview isn't until 10am. My travel agent assured me there's a train from Sydney Airport to the central train station, and that there are 3 train stations in close proximity to the MLC centre. She also told me that street is where they film Sunrise :) She also said that I should be in the middle of town by 8.30am. That gives me an hour to grab a drink and relax and "pretty myself" from the flight... lol.

So, I hope this helps you all out a bit. *fingers crossed* everything goes according to plan :) Like I said, I'll let you know tomorrow about the fee AUD vs US and then I'll update again after my interview (19 days... woohoo!!).

Good luck to you all :thumbs:

Hugs

V* :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.