04/30/2013 - (Day 00) - I-751 Package Sent

05/01/2013 - (Day 01) - I-751 Package Delivered

01/16/2014 - (Day 261) - I-751 Interview, verbal approval on the spot

04/08/2014 - (Day 343) - I-751 Approved

-

04/28/2014 - (Day 00) - N-400 Package Sent

04/30/2014 - (Day 01) - N-400 Package Delivered

05/03/2014 - (Day 04) - NOA Receipt Date

05/27/2014 - (Day 29) - Walk-In Biometrics (original date was 06/04/2014)

06/27/2014 - (Day 60) - In Line for Interviewing

10/06/2014 - (Day 102) - Interview in Long Island City Field Office, Result: RFE given

10/06/2014 - (Day 102) - Responded RFE

01/23/2015 - (Day 211) - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

01/23/2015 - (Day 211) - US Citizen

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks soooooooo much. I will start with it on my phone tomorrow but at last on chrome works superb, thanks a lot

Citizenship at last.... last step in this journey?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

It is great to see that this tool is still in use after all these years! As some of you have noticed, the site where the quiz resides has issues from time to time. But user Patrick808 has been kind and uploaded a copy of the quiz to one of his pages. It seems to be working there all the time so I suggest you give it a try. Here is a link to Patrick's mirror site:

http://newcivicstest.yolasite.com

Thank you Patrick!!

Have fun!

Watch me struggle at the piano with a piece from the French movie Amélie on YouTube:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I just wanted to add that the quiz is still up-to-date (including question 47 that deals with the current speaker of the house).

Watch me struggle at the piano with a piece from the French movie Amélie on YouTube:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Very helpful, I used this a lot to study for and pass my test! Thanks!

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I like it! Quickly got thru 60 questions... didn't realize I knew so much. Now I know what I need to work on!!! Thanks.

I-129F filed May 1996
K-1 issued August 1996
Married in September 1996.
AOS October 1996
LPR April 1997 to 2003.
Forced to abandon status at POE in DC, 2003.
Lived & worked in Asia together 2000 to 2011.
We have 2 gorgeous kids!
Returned to USA Oct 2011, on B1 tourist visa
Filed i-130 and i-485 in April 2012.

LPR approved 10/22/2012 (Conditional 2 year period waived)

Fast forward 4 years to 2016.... it's that time!

Day 0: April 13, 2016 Sent N-400 at 12:20pm :dancing:

Day 1: April 14, 2016 Delivered to USCIS Lewisville, TX 11:38am

Day 6: April 19, 2016 Text acceptance 3:48pm ; Check Cashed

Day 10: April 23, 2016 NOA received

Day 16: April 29, 2016 NOA - Biometrics appointment scheduled

Day 28: May 11, 2016 Biometrics appointment at Orlando

Day 120 : August 11, 2016 7.30am Naturalization Interview - Approved! :thumbs:

Day 162 : September 22, 2015 1.00pm Oath!!

• 2 months later...

Do we need to answer all the options in the answers or one is enough? For example, for the question "what does the Constitution do?", is it ok if I only answer "sets up the government" or I need to answer: sets up the government, defines the government, protects basic rights of Americans?

Thanks!

Do we need to answer all the options in the answers or one is enough? For example, for the question "what does the Constitution do?", is it ok if I only answer "sets up the government" or I need to answer: sets up the government, defines the government, protects basic rights of Americans?

Thanks!

Unless specified, you only need to know one of the answers.

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

• 5 months later...
Filed: Timeline

I will tell you the easiest way to study the 100 questions.. I am an Immigration Officer that spent 10 years interviewing the N-400 application at our Field Office, I no longer interview but I do spend a lot of time talking to N-400 applicants when they come into my ASC site and get their biometrics taken for their application. I show them this simple way of studying for the 100 questions and I'm telling you honestly it is the fastest and easiest way to study. Stay away from the phone apps, the CD and the book, why??? Because you are constantly looking at and hearing too much information that is not needed to successfully pass the test. The administration of the history/civics tests is standard across all of our Field Offices, the test is administered orally, so you are never looking at a written multiple choice question, the Officer will ask you the question verbally and you must respond verbally.

So as you can see in the questions that many of them indicate, Name one or Name two in the question and then they give you multiple choices to pick from, only study what you have to and not more, so for every single question that asks you to Name one thing or Name two things, you go through those questions and pick out the one or two answers that you like and are easy for you to remember and you put that answer on your flash card, then for the questions that don't specifically ask you to name one or name two things and just asks the question like "Why did the colonists fight the British" and it gives you more than one choice, then for these questions the answer defaults to just one of the choices, the Officer does not expect you to say all three of the choices that are there for that question, as long as you give one answer that is fine, believe me the Officer does not want you rattling off all of the choices because we have to write down all of your answers, and only one answer for those questions is necessary to have passed that question. Many times for the questions that don't specifically ask you to name one or name two things and it gives you more than one choice, it is many times a different way of saying the same thing.

The best way to study the 100 questions is to go to the store, and do this old fashioned, buy a set of blank index/flash cards and make your own flash cards. Go through the entire book and write out each question on one side of the card, then on the other side put the answer, but again remember only do what the question asks you, if the Question says "There were 13 original states, name 3" Do not try to memorize more than 3, pick three, and put those down on the flash card and only remember those three, etc.. and go on for all of the questions and only pick the one or two answers you have to remember. And again, the Officer does not care which ones you give them, as long as it is just one answer or two if the questions ask you to name 2 things etc.. you are fine,

Also when you sit down to study never ever ever sit down and go through all 100 questions in one sitting, that is just too much information overload at one time, Just sit down every night with just 5 questions at a time for about 15-20 mins and only study those 5 questions that night, then the next night study 5 different questions and so on, if you follow this simple way of studying you will have all 100 questions memorized in just 20 days.

Believe me this really helps and is a much more efficient way of studying than trying to do it online with some online quiz, or with a phone app or with the CD or with the book directly. Why???? Because when you are studying like that, you are constantly looking at ALL of the choices for the questions, so for every question that says Name one or Name two and you see a huge list of choices, your eyes are always staring at those other choices and that can be confusing, and if you are listening to the CD then you are hearing them list ALL of the choices, just let your brain focus on the one or two answers you need to memorize for each question. There is only 1 question that asks you to name three things, and that is the question, "There were 13 original states, name three" every other question is just asking you to name one or name two and again for the questions that don't specifically name one or two then those questions just require you to give one answer.

The day of the interview the officer randomly pulls a test sheet, and we have 10 different test sheets that have 10 questions already on them, we must ask only those 10 questions and cannot pick and choose which questions we ask you, if we pull test number 1 then you get asked all of the 10 questions on test number 1, you must get 6 out of 10 questions correctly and we are told that if you answer the first 6 questions in a row correctly then we are to stop the history test as you already passed and then move on to the writing and reading portion.

I hope all this info was helpful,

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

I will tell you the easiest way to study the 100 questions.. I am an Immigration Officer that spent 10 years interviewing the N-400 application at our Field Office, I no longer interview but I do spend a lot of time talking to N-400 applicants when they come into my ASC site and get their biometrics taken for their application. I show them this simple way of studying for the 100 questions and I'm telling you honestly it is the fastest and easiest way to study. Stay away from the phone apps, the CD and the book, why??? Because you are constantly looking at and hearing too much information that is not needed to successfully pass the test. The administration of the history/civics tests is standard across all of our Field Offices, the test is administered orally, so you are never looking at a written multiple choice question, the Officer will ask you the question verbally and you must respond verbally.

So as you can see in the questions that many of them indicate, Name one or Name two in the question and then they give you multiple choices to pick from, only study what you have to and not more, so for every single question that asks you to Name one thing or Name two things, you go through those questions and pick out the one or two answers that you like and are easy for you to remember and you put that answer on your flash card, then for the questions that don't specifically ask you to name one or name two things and just asks the question like "Why did the colonists fight the British" and it gives you more than one choice, then for these questions the answer defaults to just one of the choices, the Officer does not expect you to say all three of the choices that are there for that question, as long as you give one answer that is fine, believe me the Officer does not want you rattling off all of the choices because we have to write down all of your answers, and only one answer for those questions is necessary to have passed that question. Many times for the questions that don't specifically ask you to name one or name two things and it gives you more than one choice, it is many times a different way of saying the same thing.

The best way to study the 100 questions is to go to the store, and do this old fashioned, buy a set of blank index/flash cards and make your own flash cards. Go through the entire book and write out each question on one side of the card, then on the other side put the answer, but again remember only do what the question asks you, if the Question says "There were 13 original states, name 3" Do not try to memorize more than 3, pick three, and put those down on the flash card and only remember those three, etc.. and go on for all of the questions and only pick the one or two answers you have to remember. And again, the Officer does not care which ones you give them, as long as it is just one answer or two if the questions ask you to name 2 things etc.. you are fine,

Also when you sit down to study never ever ever sit down and go through all 100 questions in one sitting, that is just too much information overload at one time, Just sit down every night with just 5 questions at a time for about 15-20 mins and only study those 5 questions that night, then the next night study 5 different questions and so on, if you follow this simple way of studying you will have all 100 questions memorized in just 20 days.

Believe me this really helps and is a much more efficient way of studying than trying to do it online with some online quiz, or with a phone app or with the CD or with the book directly. Why???? Because when you are studying like that, you are constantly looking at ALL of the choices for the questions, so for every question that says Name one or Name two and you see a huge list of choices, your eyes are always staring at those other choices and that can be confusing, and if you are listening to the CD then you are hearing them list ALL of the choices, just let your brain focus on the one or two answers you need to memorize for each question. There is only 1 question that asks you to name three things, and that is the question, "There were 13 original states, name three" every other question is just asking you to name one or name two and again for the questions that don't specifically name one or two then those questions just require you to give one answer.

The day of the interview the officer randomly pulls a test sheet, and we have 10 different test sheets that have 10 questions already on them, we must ask only those 10 questions and cannot pick and choose which questions we ask you, if we pull test number 1 then you get asked all of the 10 questions on test number 1, you must get 6 out of 10 questions correctly and we are told that if you answer the first 6 questions in a row correctly then we are to stop the history test as you already passed and then move on to the writing and reading portion.

I hope all this info was helpful,

How about the written test they pick same words from the uscis practice list ? Or they can ask u outside words also

Also I read if the spelling is a minor mistake as long u can understand the meaning u pass it ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.