HappyDancer

Experience: Medical at St. Lukes Extension Clinic

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

As I owe to VJ for helping me with so much than what I needed for our K1 journey, here are the highlights of my medical experience.

03-03-2009: Day 1:

Arrived at 930am with my 7 y/o daughter. Have to present the letter from the embassy re the arrival of case from NVC, 3 pcs of 2x2 photos, visa interview appointment email printout, passport. The guard will provide you with the forms to fill out. You have to use black ballpoint pen as sign pens are not allowed. They will then direct you to the documentary room where your photograph will be taken and your personal details keyed into the SLEC database. The round of interviews had just begun. They will then forward you to the 5th floor for your vital signs, height, weight, and BP. Xray for me was taken and we were then directed to the immunization interview. Daughter was given tuberculin skin test - automatically means you will have to come back after two days for the reading. I went over to the lab facility for the urinalysis, and HIV blood test extraction and went back in line for the physical exam (waiting time of about 3 hours and 30 minutes - NICE!) and another round of interviews. Instructed to come back after two days for the lab results and for my daughter's skin test result. Got out 530pm.

03-05-2009: Day 2:

Arrived 12 noon. Presented receipts to the guard. Daughter turned out positive for tuberculin skin test - had to perform xray. Got my immunization shots after three hours of waiting. Have to return the next day for the release of my papers and daughter's xray result. Got out 545pm.

03-06-2009: Day 3:

Arrived 3pm. Presented receipts to the guard. Daughter's Xray is clean, got her shots (after 3 hours and 30 minutes of waiting - RIDICULOUS!). Medical clearances released (after two hours of waiting - STUPID!). Got interview rescheduled to March 10. Got out 830pm and STARVING LIKE A MAD DOG.

Overall, it was so annoying. I feel overwhemed everyday when I see all the madness going around just for this dumbas$ medical. People are tired, irritable, hungry, exhausted - name it. What aggravates me is because my time is sooo precious and it's extremely ridiculous to have to wait for at least three hours to get through a 3-5 minutes interview/check/test. Dumb, stupid, idiotic and very very very insulting!

Edited by HappyDancer

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

I am glad that you got through it all, and was able to move your interview date up. We wish you all the luck.

Rick & Maddy

at least you passed, congratulations! i know i wouldnt mind if they let me wait 48 hrs in line as long as they let me pass but i guess not.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.