A quick background on our case:
1) Filed I-130 from abroad. Case was approved by USCIS.
2) Received both NOA1 and NOA2 by email and text message only.
3) We never got NOA1/NOA2 Hardcopies because Venezuelan National Postal Service is unreliable and/or extremely slow.
4) Have not changed address, and never called USCIS to notify or anything about this.
5) We will never receive paperwork to this foreign address. So we are relying on EMAIL/Phone only, we really have no choice.
6) I got family in FL that could receive our papers, but we have not used that "card". We were aiming at getting expedited @USCIS and it worked!
1) Will we ever need those NOA1/NOA2 Hardcopies for anything on the future? Email said there are instructions on those NOA1/NOA2 hardcopies, but obviously we will never know!
2) Saylin's Wiki Page on NVC Process suggests we should be calling NVC weekly after NOA2 and tell them to use our email addresses and get our NVC Case Number. But NVC's automated phone system has two options:
- Option 1, for approved cases from USCIS where it's been 35 days and they haven't received any paperwork from NVC
- Option 2, for immigrant visas at NVC in English
That menu clearly says we should wait 35 days, but Saylin is suggesting we SHOULD call 1 week after, what option do I have to choose to get trough?
3) We just received NOA2, and since we cant rely on this foreign address, what should we do about NVC? Will they email us, or MAIL us? We feel in limbo...