First post here.
In 2008 I got a B1/B2 visa for business and came straight away. In 2010 got married to my USC (by birth) wife and at the end of the year we had a kid. I have been travelling to the US for business in the past with and without her (2 times before I got married alone and twice together after we got married; and went back all together. Our boy has his US passport. Pretty straight forward happy family, living together all this while.
In 2014 July wife was homesick and wanted our boy to start pre-K in USA so we came rented a house. I stayed for as long as I could but always left before my I-94 was due. My company is at a stage where I can manage it from the US but have to go every 5-6 months and it was good for me because I could stay longer and visit more customers. I did not want to get a green card because I didn't need it, plus we were not sure if we were going to want to stay here after the Mrs. wasn't homesick any more.
So since 2014 July I have been back to Turkey 2 times already staying 5 or 6 months ever time I was here. Our kids (wife has a USC son from first marriage) are flourishing here so wife wants to stay; I personally like living here too but don't mind if we go back. So my "intent" on my trips to the US were never to immigrate. Up until now....
Since I am staying here more than Turkey, I feel I should have a green card so I don't have trouble getting into the country ( I have read people saying if you stay 5-6 months every time you come to the States, go back to your home country and after couple of weeks or months come back again you may be denied entry for visa abuse)
So I have decided to apply for a GC !!! I came here early June and have to leave early December.
I will try to share my whole experience here (hence the whole history above for later reference) but would like to start by asking if I could be flat out denied on the basis of my "intent" for my last entry to the US being for immigration purposes? I am reading a lot of people getting married in the US and staying but not a lot of "married already and in the US on B1" type of scenario. I wouldn't mind going back to Turkey to apply (still have house, company etc there) but then kids will be missing school that just started. I could go on my own but my wife would go nuts without me for more than a few weeks.
So should I apply for the concurrent I-130 + I-485 + I-131?