First, here is my story:
I filed N-400 based on 3 years of green card, which I got through marriage. I'm still happily married and currently expecting our first child!
My application was received by the Nebraska center on June 27, 2013.
Did the biometrics in early August, and then had the interview early October.
I left with an N652 that said I passed, but decision cannot yet be made.
It's now been over 150 days.
At 110 days I contacted my senator, and then at 140 days I spoke to a Tier 2 Officer. Both inquiries resulted in a generalized response: "your case is still pending".
I've tried every time I called them and interacted with them to find out what it's stalling the case. I've never been given an answer.
I haven't done an InfoPass because I live more than 2.5 hours away from the Chicago office, and when I wanted to do it, the website said no available times, please come back later.
To clarify a few things:
* There is nothing in my past to trigger anything, and besides, I have a quite unique name.
* The pregnancy happened after the interview.
Here are my questions:
1. What are my steps next? Should I get a lawyer, or be more patient?
2. Will it help to contact the senator again? Or contact my House representative instead?
3. Are there repercussions for involving a Congress person?
4. How long in between each inquiry should one wait?
5. When does one file a writ of mandamus?
Any other advice you may have, I welcome.