So good news: I sent out form DS-160 without a problem. Printed it out, paid the fee via cash/bank deposit.
Today I got an email confirmation that the money has arrived and that I can now go ahead and schedule my interview.
But I have not sent out the documents on my application checklist yet. Should I have done this before paying or does the order not matter? Can I schedule my interview online without having mailed out the relevant documents to the consulate, yet? Unfortunately, I cannot send out my documents to the consulate until next Thursday as some have to be translated by a registered translator and that is how long it will take her to do so. Does anyone think that this might pose a problem?
Also a few more questions:
1) The Affidavit of Support (I-134) has to be sent to the consulate via mail, too. We have a co-sponsor. Should I send in all of her documents and my fiance's together or do they just need the forms I-134 by themselves and I can bring the rest of the evidence later?
2) Is it really necessary for the biographic page of my passport to be translated as well? The confirmation page of the DS-160 is also in German. I don't really see the point in them wanting a translation of their own documents, but then again, a lot of this doesn't exactly make sense. So do they?
3) As supporting documents of the I-134, I have:
- For Carol (co-sponsor): Form I-134, printed out bank statement September 2014 (do we need more?), documents by her employer showing current compensation, pay statement, and payment history (not stamped or signed, does it need to be?), current W-2.
- For Douglas (petitioner): Form I-134, signed letter from employer, Form I-9 Employment Elegibility Verification, Form W-4, current bank statement/checking account summary (September 2014), last 6 earnings statements (he is paid twice a month so they go back until the middle of July), current W-2.
Do we have everything? Do we need more? There is so much conflicting info on the forums. How far does all of this have to go back? A month? 3? 6? Several years?
4) The Immigrant/Fiance(e) & K Visa Application Checklist for my local consulate (http://photos.state.gov/libraries/frankfurt/9318/consular_pdf/Instructions%20for%20IV%20and%20K%20Visa%20Applicants.pdf) states: On the appointment day, please bring the following items:
- Visa fee (for immigrant visa applicants ONLY) ~ so not for me since I already paid it online
- Your current passport
What about proof of relationship and other documents? Are those implied or somehow suddenly irrelevant?