Hi, I want to ask a couple of questions related to the form I-864 if anyone one can answer at least one of them I will be grateful.
Before I ask the questions I will let you know a little about my case.
I have been living in Chile for more than two years and have been married more than two years. I'm living with my wife and two kids.
Our last kid was a baby boy that was born in Chile. He immediately became a USA citizen because he met the requirements. That was a year ago.
This year we decided to go live in the USA and we started our case by sending the form I-130 on march 25, 2015. One for my wife and one for my daughter.
The USCIS approved both on April 27, 2015 and send it to the nvc. NVC received it the last week of may and they sent me correspondence which I never got.
In July I got tired of waiting for the letter to arrive so I called nvc and to my surprise the letter didn't arrive because they send it to another address which I never gave out.
They didn't respond to any of my emails because they didn't have my email on file. I supplied them the correct information and my email.
I went to their website ceac. state. gov and submitted ds-261 for my daughter and after that I went to file for my spouse ds-261 but it wouldn't let me instead I got an app error on their site.
One week later, my wife called nvc and they let her fill her form on the phone. One day letter her form ds-261 was approved.
After that we kept calling for a week to see how my daughter's case was going as her ds-261 wasn't approved yet and finally they let me fill her form on the phone too.
The day after she got ds-261 approve.
Almost two months lost because of correspondence being sent to another address and they didn't have my email on file.
3 weeks lost because of nvc website is full of bugs and it's not updated frequently.
Forms ds-261 approved, but can't pay on their website so I will send money orders tomorrow.
I want to have AOS package ready so I started filling it and I have a couple of questions.
I have never submitted tax returns and didn't submit the last 3 years because I didn't get enough income.
I made the following the past 3 years.
2012 $4000 I think it was less than this.
2014 $7800 or less.
My father earned more than $37,000 on last year income tax.
1. My father is going to be the case sponsor. I'm not sure if its as house member or joint sponsor that I have to put him?. We have the same address in the USA. I will be living there when I get to the USA.
2. My father has me and my brother as dependent on his income tax. Do I have to file income tax or not because I made under the minimum I think?
3. Part 3 Question 28. I entered 1 but this form is for my wife. What do I have to put in part 5 question 3?
4. Part 5 Question 4 I read somewhere else that here you didn't have to enter dependents that you petition on another form and that I didn't have to put my child was he was a USA citizen. Is that all truth?
5. Part 6 question 1 I don't know what I have to put here. I'm unemployed for the last two months and I know I won't have a job immediately when I get to the USA but I will go get one when I get there.
6. Part 6 question 2. Do I put last year annual income or I put 0 as I read elsewhere because I won't have a job in the USA?