AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

When my husband (a fiance back then) sent the K-1 package he sent a check for a wrong ammount, so the whole package was rejected and returned to him. He resent it later with the correct check and everything went well afterwards, but it caused a delay for a few days. It wasn't technically a RFE, but I think it can help some people :) Always check on the uscis website for the right fees, because sometimes they change them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not an RFE but it was sent back to my fiance. He forgot to sign on page. We double checked but somehow missed it. So triple check everything twice!lol

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Fiona... i think that this is a WONDERFUL thread you have started here! Thanks!

Don't have an RFE to add... we are waiting for our noa2... so wish us luck people... :)

Blessings to you all!

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

I agree, like I said on your first one of these I think it's a wonderful idea! We need to see if it can get pinned somewhere!

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I noticed somebody asked a week or so ago if there was a list of all RFEs so people could look out for possible "boo-boos." So here we go!

My RFE reason was;

The forms we downloaded didn't tell us to add evidence of meeting in the past two years or frontal face photographs. Which is weird because we got them directly off the London Embassy site. So we got an RFE for basically the other half of what you're suppost to send origionally. We started the K-1 appliciation before we found this forum so we were kinda just going with the instructions as best as we could. We say if you're just starting the I-129F download it from VJ...they seem to have the right instructions....

Awesome thread idea!

Maybe we can put solutions in here as well? For example, instead of getting your forms and information from the Consulate sites, or VJ, or anywhere else, always check the uscis.gov site for the most up to date version of the form AND instructions, including fee amounts.

This is one that has caught many people out. Forms take years to get changed (literally) but webpages can be updated quickly. Always double check at uscis.gov before sending any payment or form.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Awesome thread idea!

Maybe we can put solutions in here as well? For example, instead of getting your forms and information from the Consulate sites, or VJ, or anywhere else, always check the uscis.gov site for the most up to date version of the form AND instructions, including fee amounts.

This is one that has caught many people out. Forms take years to get changed (literally) but webpages can be updated quickly. Always double check at uscis.gov before sending any payment or form.

Now that's some good advice! :thumbs:

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

+ Always send in the LONG version of the birth certificate (USC) - not the short one. If you only happen to have the short one, include copies of ALL pages of the passport of the US citizen.

+ Always send in your vaccination supplement and medical copies (if obtained) with your AOS. Some countries (like Germany) don't give you any copies of that, so be sure to get them again from a civil surgeon in the USA. It might cost a few dollars.

Also, I would like to add that even though we had two RFEs (one for the K-1 and the other one for AOS), we never complained because RFEs are not a big issue at all. It took only about 14 months from when we first started this entire process by sending in the K-1 application to the issue of my Greencard..... and all that with two RFEs.

K-1

07-12-2004 NOA1

12-13-2004 Approved

AOS

05-25-2005 NOA1

09-20-2005 Approved

I-751

07-25-2007 NOA1

12-02-2009 Approved

N-400

05-11-2010 NOA

07-29-2010 Interview + Oath Ceremony

Timeline

make sure you sign the cheque!!! :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes I posted the original message a few days back - I sent a message to Captain Ewok to see if there is anyway we can set this up, possibly something like the timelines etc where you put your info. in etc. rather than searching through alot of back posts. He said it was a good idea and he will need a few weeks to work on it so hopefully this will be sorted soon, when he isnt too busy lol :)

Lina (UKC)

I noticed somebody asked a week or so ago if there was a list of all RFEs so people could look out for possible "boo-boos." So here we go!

My RFE reason was;

The forms we downloaded didn't tell us to add evidence of meeting in the past two years or frontal face photographs. Which is weird because we got them directly off the London Embassy site. So we got an RFE for basically the other half of what you're suppost to send origionally. We started the K-1 appliciation before we found this forum so we were kinda just going with the instructions as best as we could. We say if you're just starting the I-129F download it from VJ...they seem to have the right instructions....

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

+ Always send in the LONG version of the birth certificate (USC) - not the short one. If you only happen to have the short one, include copies of ALL pages of the passport of the US citizen.

That may be excellent advice for some situations, but not "always". In our case, we went through the whole process without ever sending in the USC's birth certificate at all (we used the passport to provide proof of citizenship). Also, some places issue only one form of birth certificate, so there's not always a distinction between "long form" and "short form". Just telling folks they have to file the "long form" may be more confusing than helpful if there is no "long form" option in their place of birth. Finally, some USC's were born abroad, so they don't have the option of using the birth certificate to provide proof of citizenship.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That may be excellent advice for some situations, but not "always". In our case, we went through the whole process without ever sending in the USC's birth certificate at all (we used the passport to provide proof of citizenship). Also, some places issue only one form of birth certificate, so there's not always a distinction between "long form" and "short form". Just telling folks they have to file the "long form" may be more confusing than helpful if there is no "long form" option in their place of birth. Finally, some USC's were born abroad, so they don't have the option of using the birth certificate to provide proof of citizenship.

Excellent point.. shorthand language can be confusing. I don't know where the regulation is, but doesn't it say that the birth certificate (if used) must have the names of both parents on it?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

Excellent point.. shorthand language can be confusing. I don't know where the regulation is, but doesn't it say that the birth certificate (if used) must have the names of both parents on it?

Methinks that is correct. My short form BC card was not acceptable since it didn't have enough information on it, like my parents' names.

this also applies to the non-USC as well. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We got a RFE because my fiance didn't send in enough proof of our meeting - he had to send in more evidence! It's not enough just to fill out the form and say 'we met on X date' - you have to provide photos too :) And then he got another RFE because they needed more financial information from him. Combined the two held us up for three months which seemed like an eternity but wasn't really a big deal.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
That may be excellent advice for some situations, but not "always". In our case, we went through the whole process without ever sending in the USC's birth certificate at all (we used the passport to provide proof of citizenship).

Oh no. I sent only the "short form" of my birth certificate. Our state does have a long form option but it takes 6 weeks to obtain. And I didn't send copies of my passport pages.

Is it possible to make an addendum to an I-129F that's waiting for review. I already received NOA1 with case number. I wonder if I can "pre-empt" the RFE by sending my passport copies?

Thanks,

3AD

02/06/2006 - Sent I-129F to TSC

02/08/2006 - Received by TSC, transferred to CSC

02/15/2006 - NOA1 from CSC

02/17/2006 - check cleared bank

03/21/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent add'l docs to amend I-129F

03/27/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent same add'l docs via certified mail (in case first got lost)

05/02/2006 - NOA2 from CSC (via email notification)

07/22/2006 - Packet 3 received

08/12/2006 - Packet 3 sent

10/03/2006 - Packet 4 received

10/26/2006 - Interview at Embassy, 221g (blue slip): advised how to file for citizenship of child (??)

11/29/2006 - Pink slip received after attorney met with immigration chief

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.