rushter

Bizarre Interview in Atlanta? Or?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I figured this thing was going like clockwork as we got no rfe's for anything previously. Even got ead within a couple of months, then ssn, no problems.

Today was our interview. Wife's scheduled at 1 son's at 1:30.

We got Ms Attilla the Hun.

Straight to business. Felt like we were being interviewed by LCDR Data on Star Trek NG.

State your name... have you been or have you ever:

Questions from the application - terrorism, prostitute, communist, etc.

When is your birthday? When were you married? Where were you born? All to my wife.

To me:

How did you meet?

She asks if we got updated medicals, handed over two sealed envelopes with the latest.

Not one inference to our son at all. Not even a glance. Then (quote):

"Proof of life together."

Scramble scramble for bank statement, IRS letters (indisputable proof eh?) in both our names, Tons of photos (she looked at all of them, going back to when we first met in 2002 in Russia), and our lease. That was it. While she was asking the questions she was going through our 1+ inch think file and browsed thru everything, made a few initials here and there... it was like there was nothing wrong. (I kept waiting for her to pull out a blowtorch and set it on fire at any second though - the silence was un-nerving).

Then she told us to wait outside while she kept our id's, wife's passport, photos and ahem... `proof of life together`. I picked up our box full of now useless documentation and wife and son followed me outside.

Thirty minutes later she reappeared at the door and motioned us to come and then called another couple at the same time. Now this is where it gets weird and I get confused. While she's guiding in the other couple she hands me our stuff back (without I94 and EAD) and says words to the effect of "something" or "letter "... in the mail effective today.

Swoosh... the door closes. I hardly had a chance to say thank you. But yet I don't know what I was thanking her for?

There is NO stamp in the passport. Hmm. Either we were approved or deportation proceedings are in effect as of today.

Any thoughts?

PS: I'm not going to identify the interviewer, but I will say that it's right off the top of my _____ in a manner of speaking.

Yes Red Foreman, call me a dumbass

Not all offices give the stamp.

You just have to wait it seems. They sometimes review the case further before the case is approved or disapproved. -OR- You might already be approved and the letter and GC will be in the mail. Good luck!

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Thanks for the responses. I have spent many many hours combing the internet and this site for interview experiences and I've yet to find anything coming out of the Atlanta (Dunwoody) office that resembles this.

And that's what I was thinking as I'd heard of that before... no 551 stamp after a successful interview.

We weren't even in the least bit nervous - the second we entered her cubicle, all I could think was "damn, your office looks just like mine with all the folders and ####### on the floor!". I even tried to make small talk but it was totally ignored. It was if I was being interviewed by a computer. Then again the HAL2000 would've given a more enlightening interview.

This lady's office was STACKED with thick immigration files from many different people. Hey if you wanna know where your case is... just go digging through the piles of folders in this place! :hehe:

I just don't know. I'm not depressed or frustrated or anything, but I am kind-of in an 'alert mode'....

Sounds like an approval to me. If she had denied your case I doubt she would have mumbled it to you as you were leaving.

Loads of people don't get the stamp any more, even if they are approved. Seems to be the norm these days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't worry about the stamp... they don't give them that much anymore.

I agree with the previous poster that if you weren't approved, you probably would have understood a lot more of what she was saying.

Your GC and Welcome Letter will probably just arrive in the mail shortly.

Best wishes.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Rushter - We also had our interview at Atlanta last Tuesday and it went almost the same way as yours did!

I am sure we both must have had the same interviewing officer !

Thankfully we were told we were approved right at the end of the interview but when she took my ead and she threw it across the desk I looked at my husband worried - she never said a word, she didnt say much all the way through the interview - it really was very unsettling. I also did not have my passport stamped.

I am sure that you will be approved.

Good luck

08/15/08 I-751 submitted to VSC

10/01/08 Biometrics completed

03/02/09 Case transferred to CSC

04/04/2009 Received approval letter

03/31/2009 Date of Decision

05/01/2009 Card production ordered

05/07/2009 Received card

In matters of style,

swim with the current;

in matters of principle,

stand like a rock.

- Thomas Jefferson

Timeline

She was the third on the left from the left door.

Yeah well, the only thing I've been able to figure out is...

No bad news means good news. She didn't say anything about any problems or 'you need something' or anything.

Just something something letter or mail or blah...

effective as of today.

Of course, she could've said 'you will receive official certification in the mail that you are a complete idiot, effective today' :bonk: ; and I wouldn't have known the difference!

Back to holding breath mode. Lol.

:diablo:

WOW Rushter - it WAS the same one!! :lol:

Good luck - I am sure all will be fine for you :thumbs:

08/15/08 I-751 submitted to VSC

10/01/08 Biometrics completed

03/02/09 Case transferred to CSC

04/04/2009 Received approval letter

03/31/2009 Date of Decision

05/01/2009 Card production ordered

05/07/2009 Received card

In matters of style,

swim with the current;

in matters of principle,

stand like a rock.

- Thomas Jefferson

Timeline

I'll tell ya, I would really like to know who pulls the straws in that place to determine who gets to interview who. All I've seen about Atlanta are 'nice young man', or 'very nice lady'... and 'so kind' and gag me, man that makes me sick now.

I saw a couple of 'nice young men', but a LOT more warlocks and witches than nice people. I'll bet they have those funky symbols painted on the floor in a back office somewhere and sacrifice an application or two every week.

So my advice would be, take your crosses and wear garlic around your neck before you go into that office for an interview.

:devil:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hate my Interview in May in Atlanta. They did stamp my passport.

My sons was also approved, but he didnt get the stamp because his name check wasnt back yet.

But like people have said, not everyone gets there passport stamped and are approved.

Just keep checking your online USIC mail. They will send you a email saying that is was approved before they send you the letter in the mail.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline

Yeah you know I didn't even think about checking our status after the interview by using the online thingy. Works for me! :dance:

Thanks for the support and feedback all. It's much appreciated!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Denver does not stamp, I do not know about Atlanta.

Sounded an OK interview to me.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

This just shows how little conformity there is in the USCIS. We had my wife's interview in Sacramento in May. It went so smooth and quickly that it was unsettling. I had all kinds of documents and copies of documents and backup and everything in triplicate just in case. We didn't have any joint accounts, joint tax returns or anything in her name yet. I think the only thing that made it go was the pictures of our vacation back east to meet our new granddaughter. The lady in the Sacramento office was very nice even though business like. The whole thing lasted less than 20 minutes. I was so unprepared for this that it bothered me all day. My wife laughed at me and said relax.

By the way, it sounds like you can expect a green card in the mail in about 2-3 weeks.

Congratulations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.