tei

Is seperate I-134 AOS form necessary for Fiance's son?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Is it necessary to have a seperate I-134 Affidavit of Support for my Fiance's Son (15 years old)? He will be moving with us, to the USA, on a K2 Visa.

At http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-134.htm , it states, "A separate affidavit must be filed by the sponsor for each person." The reason I ask this question, is because he is listed on my Fiance's (his Mother's) I-134 form.

Thanks much,

JeffnE

Living in NE Romania with Fiance and her Son.

3-27-2006 I-129F Sent : to Nebraska Service Center

4-12-2006 I-129F NOA1 :

6-1-2006 Touched sort of...... sent to CSC (California Service Center) like many others

6-14-2006 CSC emailed me a notice of receipt of my 129f (transfered from NSC)

6-17-2006 Touched

7-3-2006 IMBRA RFE received at home

7-5-2006 Mailed IMBRA RFE back, Also my file was touched for the first time since 6-17

7-13-2006 Received email that IMBRA RFE was received by CSC

7-14-2006 Touched

8-10-2006 I-129F NOA2 APPROVED !!! (no touches before approval, as many have spoke of)

9-08-2006 NVC case approved:

: I started calling the NVC automated line about 2 weeks after NOA2. They never had any information for me or acknoledged that they received our case, so I sent an email to the NVC on 9-01-2006. On 9-08-2006 I received a reply to that email saying that our case was processed and forwarded to the US Embassy (Romania) on 8-31-2006. They also included the case number in the reply to my email inquiry. I guess I would have not been notified by the NVC..... very strange.

9-6-2006 Romanian Embassy received our K1 paperwork.

9-11-2006 Received packet 3 in the mail

10-11-2006 Set appointment for interview by calling the Romanian Embassy !!! ONLY SET AN APPOINTMENT AFTER HAVE ALL DOCMUMENTS ARE COMPLETE !!!

10-18-06 Visa interview - Visa granted :)

11-7-06 Welcome to America

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes you do have to fill out a two separate forms because they are processing two different visa petitions a K1 and a K2 petition.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Yes you do have to fill out a two separate forms because they are processing two different visa petitions a K1 and a K2 petition.

The I-134 Affidavit of Support that I had notarized and submitted contained the information for my fiancee AND her daughter. I didn't think that there was a need for 2 separate I-134's because of both fiancee and daughter being listed on the one.

Please tell me that I'm right in providing only one copy with both my fiancee and her (our) daughter on it as the interview is scheduled for October 17, 2006.

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

2005-07-20 Sent Xiang first email

2005-11-19 Met Xiang in Nanning

2005-11-25 Asked for Xiang's hand in marriage

2006-02-21 Date I-129F Sent

2006-02-24 Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2006-03-15 Applied for Emergency Expedite

2006-04-03 Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2006-04-25 Date packet was sent from NVC to Guangzhou, China

2006-07-07 Date Xiang recieved Packet #3 from Guangzhou, China

2006-07-08 Date Xiang sent Packet #3 to the U.S. Consulate

2006-07-27 Date Xiang recieved request for biographical information on our daughter

2006-07-27 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate

2006-08-17 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate, again!

2006-08-21 Date Xiang called, faxed and mailed the U.S. Consulate the biographical information

2006-08-22 Email from the U.S. Consulate, they FINALLY received the G-325A form for our daughter!

2006-08-22 Waiting patiently for Packet #4 to arrive, bring my soulmate to my open arms!!!

2006-08-25 Packet #4 sent out from the U.S. Consulate, in transit to my baby!!!

2006-08-29 11:25pm Email from the U.S. Consulate, the interview date is October 17th!

2006-09-29 Medical examination for Xiang and our daughter Qi. Interview is just around the corner!

2006-10-16 11:15pm VISA APPROVED!!!!

2006-10-29 Xiang and Qi arrived in Detroit, immigrations 2 1/2 hours, finally holding my sweetheart in my arms.

2006-11-05 Exchanging our vows, what a beautiful day for our wedding!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The I-134 Affidavit of Support that I had notarized and submitted contained the information for my fiancee AND her daughter. I didn't think that there was a need for 2 separate I-134's because of both fiancee and daughter being listed on the one.

Please tell me that I'm right in providing only one copy with both my fiancee and her (our) daughter on it as the interview is scheduled for October 17, 2006.

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Another VJer asked Manila about it: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;st=10 - I don't know if it's a rule or not.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline

YuAndDan,

I submitted only one financial support package that covered both my wife and stepson. I think this may be a consulate-specific issue.

And we're talking visa applications here, not petitions - don't go giving people the idea that a K2 needs a petition.

Yodrak

the instructions say one for each. sometimes get conflicting info from Embassy. When i called the Immigrant Visa Section in Manila was told one for each. when i emailed consul at Embassy was told one would suffice if child listed in mother's I-134 and interview for K-2 was at the same time. Definately need two sets of DS forms since they are separate visas.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.