Traviesa

Mystery Shopper

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I know mystery shoppers exist. I have been visited by a few while I used to work at customer service-oriented jobs. However, how do these mystery shoppers get their job? I'm looking for a way to get some extra cash and why not get free meals/stuff at the same time? Does anyone know of a reputable mystery shopper company to get registered with??

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
I know mystery shoppers exist. I have been visited by a few while I used to work at customer service-oriented jobs. However, how do these mystery shoppers get their job? I'm looking for a way to get some extra cash and why not get free meals/stuff at the same time? Does anyone know of a reputable mystery shopper company to get registered with??

I think I saw ads on Monster.com for mystery shoppers................what a cool job. I would LOVE getting paid to shop. That would be a dream job.

I have also seen ads in local newspapers. I would do a search on google & see what happens, but definetly try Monster :yes:

good luck

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I couldn't find it on Monster or Career Builder :(

Thing about looking up all those various web sites is you never know if it's going to be a scam...

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Thing about looking up all those various web sites is you never know if it's going to be a scam...

Maybe it was career builder??? I know I saw it a few days ago-there were tons of them.

I will do some research & get back to ya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

A friend of mine at work, his wife does this stuff pretty often. Usually it's like go to Target, spend at least $25, ask for help, and we'll cover your purchase up to say $50 plus give you $20. The really cool ones are when they get to do a restaurant. They don't get any extra money, but the budget is up to $100. So you're talkin' filet mignon and a really nice cab to go with it. Yum!

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You get paid for shopping? Where do I sign up? :yes:

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Timeline

If you go onto careerbuilder-there are tons of "mystery shopper" ads..............I live in Philly and was looking for a retail buying job, I put in "buying", "retail" in the search engine & it popped up.

try it missliss :yes:

can you say dreamjob??

####### is this country is coming too?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My mother was mystery shopping a few years ago, but not for long. She wasn't making much money for the effort and hassle involved.

The agency gave her the time and location to shop, which were often mid-day and up to 45 minute drive each way. She worked mostly for grocery stores and would have to go to the meat department, bakery, dairy, and deli each time making special request purchases and asking questions. So, she ended up driving a lot and using a lot of gas, buying groceries she didn't want, doing a lot of paper work, was out of pocket for the groceries until reimbursed, and averaged $50 a week after costs!

I'm sure all agencies are different, so check out several before deciding.

why can't people go get their own supplies or stuff?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

General rule, if they ask you for money to work for them....then its a scam. you shouldnt have to pay to get a job!

I aint cool enough for a signature.....

It might sound like fun, but keep in mind you don't get to pick where you shop. Imagine being sent to Gymboree if you don't like kids. :wacko:

I work part-time in a well-known retail store, and we get "shopped" once every 4-6 weeks. Our shoppers have to:

--Stay in the store for a minimum of 45 minutes

--Ask questions about our catalog service (e.g. they might deliberately ask to try on a color or size we don't have, and we're supposed to refer them to the catalog)

--Try on at least three items

--Spend at least $100

Now imagine having to do all that if you didn't like the clothes.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

In the run up to Christmas I actually acted on one of the mystery shopper adverts I'd seen on both Monster.com and careerbuilder.com. Debs and I discussed it and decided we'd pay the $20 or however much it was for the "mystery shopper network" list full of all the 100+ companies that take on people to perform mystery shopper duties for them.

On paper it seems like a great deal. The money is refundable if you decide its not working within 60 days, they talk of the huge number of opportunties and how easy it will be to take as many or as few assignments as you want. We spent a couple of evenings signing up for about 20 of the companies listed, providing all the required target zip codes and a large number of cities and towns where I'd be willing to travel to for an assignment.

We then eagerly started checking my email every day in the hope that we'd be overwhelmed with the number of opportunities I'd be able to choose from. Oh how wrong we were !! I received plenty of emails but to this day have never found an assignment within a distance that would make it worthwhile to sign up. I live near a large city (St. Louis) but have NEVER seen a single assignment listed there. I asked for my money back pretty soon after signing up, partly because I wasn't getting anywhere with it and partly because I got myself a proper job.

If you live in New York or Chicago (where a lot of the assignments seemed to be based) then you'd probably get more out of your investment than I did. if you live in a smaller city or a fairly long way away from a major city, I'd think twice. $15 of free groceries sounds great but if it costs your $20 in gas to get there and back whats the point ??

It isn't a scam... there is lots of info on how people can make a good living from doing mystery shopping. However... unless you live in the right place, it'll be hard to make any money at all. My advice would be to sign up for it, bookmark ALL the sites listed on the list your subscription provides, then cancel your subscription and get your money back. As far as I could tell there was nothing to stop people doing that... after all all you're paying for is access to a 2 or 3 page website with a list of other websites on it !!

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

I've done it with this company http://www.mysteryguestinc.com/home.asp

They've paid for me and a guest to have dinner many times over the past few years.

I even got one assignment to go to a restaurant bar and they paid me back for my drinks :D

I live in Oklahoma City, and there are only a couple of restaurants here for the assignments. The assignments aren't very often but it's nice to get a nice meal paid for once in a while.

Edited by john_and_marlene

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail