Mew

CSC vs VSC (and TSC/NSC)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just thought it was interesting.

Petitions handled by each SC

Table from USCIS showing entries on K1 in 2005 (among other visas). They even have data sorted by state.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Table from USCIS showing entries on K1 in 2005 (among other visas). They even have data sorted by state.

I would like to see the number of petitions processed by CSC and VSC. Since this would be for last year, NSC and TSC would need to be included too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Nice find! If you know which states are handled by TSC, NSC, CSC, and VSC then doing some math you can see how buried CSC is compared to VSC and then can understand why VSC tends to be quicker.

Though other factors come into play, like the number of case workers there are at the 2 SC's.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Thanks Mew, this kind of hard data gives a little perspective to the big picture even if I am not sure how it is going to impact my petition. Let us know find more things like this. (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
Nice find! If you know which states are handled by TSC, NSC, CSC, and VSC then doing some math you can see how buried CSC is compared to VSC and then can understand why VSC tends to be quicker.

Though other factors come into play, like the number of case workers there are at the 2 SC's.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Since we know which states each service center covers, we get to know, roughly, how many petitions CSC and VSC work on. As for the other factors, I couldn't find any numbers, but I thought knowing the number of entries on other kind of visas (the second table shows that) and which kind of petitions each service center process would give us a general idea.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

partly frustration-partly boredom I tried to find headcounts within the USCIS, service centers, etc. Not easy. Found total noncontract staff at TCS was 330 (Aug 2003), showing 475 total (Aug 2006). ~1300 USCIS+contract workers at the VSC (APR 2006). Nothing on NSC or CSC. ~15,000 total USCIS+contract overall (March 2003) and at ~30,000 by March 2005 which includes all branches of the USCIS including overseas. More importantly found comment "must retain temporary adjudicators on hand (~1100) through end of fiscal year 2006 and fill vacancies to increase permanent adjudicator staff by 27% (~460) to maintain productivity and prevent future backlogs through fiscal year 2007". I take that to mean there are about 1240 permanent and 1100 tempory adjudicators. They handled 5,700,000 applications at the stateside centers in 2005. I can't determine how they are spilt up among centers. If they are all doing 50 hour weeks, i.e., overtime, they seem to be working Saturdays, then I am optimistic in thinking they all do. Taking this further, that is about 5,600,000 worker hours for the 5,700,000 stateside-handled cases under the best of conditions. I also don't know the 2005 case overflow into 2006. The TCS and VCS had some odd announcements that revealed staffing on the web, but couldn't figure the others and of course there was no indication of how the the adjudicators were split up. Maybe someone else has more info, then you could make more sense of relative efficiency at the various centers. Too many months waiting drives me to some of this, duh.

Richard of Richard&Maria

K-1 & K-2s TIMELINE_____

* met May-05, Maria & sons Manila, Philippines - Richard & daughters Toledo, Ohio

* Richard move to WI Sept-05, exchange extended visits Oct, Nov & Dec (05) & Feb (06)

* K-1&2s on file @ NSC 3-6-06, case xfer to CSC 6-1-06

* touches 6-2&3&14&15&17, RFE (IMBRA) CSC letter sent 6-23-06, touches 7-3&5

* RFE express return to/@ CSC 7-14-06, more touches 7-24&25, 9-5&6, NOA2 email notice rcvd 9-6

* visit Philippines & China Sept-2006, again see Maria & more extended family

* NVC assigns Embassy Case# 10-6; 10-12 letter rcvd 10-16 (sent 10-12) NVC receipt of I-129f

* rcvd letter 10-31 Embassy has paperwork, phone & embassy website 12-13 shows 2-13-07 interview

* Pgk 4 rcvd 12-21, St. Lukes Extension exams/vaccinations 1-10&11

* Manila interview 2-13; Delbros text message to Maria 2-6 - visas rcvd 2-19

AOS & EAD TIMELINE______

* P.O.E. Minneapolis & reunited in Milwaukee airport 3-4

* wedding 3-10 Plover, WI, applied for Maria's SSN 3-28 @ local office

* I-693A done @ civil surgeon office 4-4, Maria's SS card rcvd 4-16,

* mailed AOS (Chicago) & EAD (Nebraska) paperwork 4-21

* rcvd USCIS receipts of paperwork 5-2, posted wedding pics on VJ 5-3

* Maria's AOS biometrics appointment 5-22, son's on 6-5, no update on EAD status yet

* rcvd AOS appointment 5-26, set for 7-9 in Bloomington,MN office

* applied for Maria's WI state ID 6-5 & card rcvd 6-11

* AOS approved @ 7-9 interview, told to expect green cards 5-30 days

* USCIS confirms approved A#s rcvd 7-14, 2 green cards rcd 7-23

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, that's what I figured. Since we know which states each service center covers, we get to know, roughly, how many petitions CSC and VSC work on. As for the other factors, I couldn't find any numbers, but I thought knowing the number of entries on other kind of visas (the second table shows that) and which kind of petitions each service center process would give us a general idea.

Just in the state of California alone, fiance visas were over 6,000 - more applicants than most of the other states combined. Add to the fact the CSC takes in applicants from other states, it's no wonder they are so much slower than VSC.

What doesn't make sense though, is why USCIS would not split the California petitions and send a portion of them to VSC.

Timeline
Just in the state of California alone, fiance visas were over 6,000 - more applicants than most of the other states combined. Add to the fact the CSC takes in applicants from other states, it's no wonder they are so much slower than VSC.

What doesn't make sense though, is why USCIS would not split the California petitions and send a portion of them to VSC.

This data we collected is flawed because we don't know which other petitions and how many of them each service center handles. So... VSC could be handling a larger number of other kinds of petitions, for example, but not so many K-1s.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.