Mew

Touches

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Many VJs find it difficult to figure out how to check for touches and ask for :help:. So I thought I'd have this topic to make it easier for everyone.

What is a touch?

As JEDI's defined it (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20192#):

Any time your application is handled by someone at a Service Centre, the barcode is scanned, which results in an update to the "last date" for your case on the USCIS website. When the date changes, this mean that someone has physically handled or "touched" your case. There are many reasons your application may be "touched" - from simply being moved from one desk to another, to RFE's, to being approved.

There are 2 kinds of touches. There are the ones that show some kind of update, there are the ones that don't bring a new message. By logging into the account, take a look at the date that shows next to your case number. If it's changed, you've been touched.

By clicking on the case number, you get to check whether it was an update touch or not. The ones that don't show updates are connected with some kind of work done with regard to your case - it merely shows that they've taken a look at it somehow.

What? Case number? Account? Hang on, let me explain it. :)

How do I get to check it out?

First thing is, get your receipt number (or case number). You can find it online on the back of the check you used to pay for the filing of the application when it's been cashed. If you can't do that, wait for the NOA1 in the mail. It'll be there.

There are 3 ways to check for updates.

1. By searching online: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp - you'll just need the receipt number.

2. By logging into your account. To register on the USCIS site: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

3. By e-mail (once you have registered and clicked on the "E-mail on" button.

Options 1 and 3 are good if you only wish to check for status update. Option number 2 shows the mysterious touches (somebody worked on your case but we can't be sure what has been done).

Option 2 in detail:

It'll show a table:

Receipt Number | E-mail | Last Updated | (mm/dd/yyyy) | Form # |Form Title

Take a look at the date in the "last updated" box. Then go to "Receipt Number" and check the message. Is it different from the last update you got?

Yes: :) Great! You got an update that changes the status of your case.

No: :( Aw. They have just worked on your case...

Please note that the date on the update notices don't change. For example, if you got a message saying your petition was approved on JUNE 20, 2006, that date will never change. The ones that might change are the ones you get to see at the chart when you log into the account.

Do I really need to check the mysterious touches?

Not at all. Only obsessive people like me, for example, will do it. I find it comforting to know that someone's been working on my case :)

Also, you only get to check the status before your petition is fowarded to the NVC...

I hope I covered it all. :thumbs:

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Many VJs find it difficult to figure out how to check for touches and ask for :help:. So I thought I'd have this topic to make it easier for everyone.

What is a touch?

As JEDI's defined it (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20192#):

Any time your application is handled by someone at a Service Centre, the barcode is scanned, which results in an update to the "last date" for your case on the USCIS website. When the date changes, this mean that someone has physically handled or "touched" your case. There are many reasons your application may be "touched" - from simply being moved from one desk to another, to RFE's, to being approved.

There are 2 kinds of touches. There are the ones that show some kind of update, there are the ones that don't bring a new message. By logging into the account, take a look at the date that shows next to your case number. If it's changed, you've been touched.

By clicking on the case number, you get to check whether it was an update touch or not. The ones that don't show updates are connected with some kind of work done with regard to your case - it merely shows that they've taken a look at it somehow.

First thing is, get your receipt number (or case number). You can find it online on the back of the check you used to pay for the filing of the application when it's been cashed. If you can't do that, wait for the NOA1 in the mail. It'll be there.

1. By searching online: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp - you'll just need the receipt number.

2. By logging into your account. To register on the USCIS site: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

Options 1 and 3 are good if you only wish to check for status update. Option number 2 shows the mysterious touches (somebody worked on your case but we can't be sure what has been done).

Option 2 in detail:

It'll show a table:

Take a look at the date in the "last updated" box. Then go to "Receipt Number" and check the message. Is it different from the last update you got?

Please note that the date on the update notices don't change. For example, if you got a message saying your petition was approved on JUNE 20, 2006, that date will never change. The ones that might change are the ones you get to see at the chart when you log into the account.

Not at all. Only obsessive people like me, for example, will do it. I find it comforting to know that someone's been working on my case :)

Also, you only get to check the status before your petition is fowarded to the NVC...

EXCELLENT POST!!!!!!! I just figured out how to check that myself just today THANKS ALOT!!!!!!!

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
EXCELLENT POST!!!!!!! I just figured out how to check that myself just today THANKS ALOT!!!!!!!

No problem at all. I hope it helps other VJs!

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

What is a touch?

Option 2 in detail:

It'll show a table:

I think you covered all the bases Mew. Thanks! I wish i knew how many times I've been touched before I knew about being touched haha. well, at least now I'll have something to keep me busy for a while. Thanks again! :thumbs:

??Jul 2005 - we met online

28 Jul 2005 - our relationship "officially" started (we chatted almost every single night!)

4 Feb 2006 - I flew over to see her for her birthday and Valentine's Day

7 Mar 2006 - I-129F sent

9 Mar 2006 - petition received

14 Mar 2006 - petition opened

16 Mar 2006 - NOA1 sent (nothing heard since)

23 Jun 2006 - IMBRA RFE sent

6 Jul 2006 - IMBRA RFE reply sent

18 Jul 2006 - RFE reply recieved

19 Jul 2006 - touched

24 Aug 2006 - finally got bloody touched!!! (they responded to my RFE)

31 Aug 2006 - touched

1 Sep 2006 - NOA2! nuf said!!! (178 days)

5 Sep 2006 - touched? after already getting NOA2?

7 Sep 2006 - touched yet again...must be the mailing process

22 Sep 2006 - Case left NVC

26 Sep 2006 - Case arrived in Manila Embassy

7 Dec 2006 - Appointment letter sent

13 Dec 2006 - received Appt letter

21 Dec 2006 - St Luke's Medical appointment

28 Dec 2006 - Visa interview appointment (APPROVED!!!)

11 Jan 2007 - VISA ON HAND!!!! YEA YEA!!!!

17 Mar 2007 - First step into US soil (SFO)

28 Mar 2007 - Civil wedding at SF City Hall!

Adjustment of Status

16 May 2007 - finally mailed off AOS/EAD package

18 May 2007 - AOS/EAD received

22 May 2007 - AOS/EAD notice sent

25 May 2007 - status update on USCIS website

19 Jun 2007 - Biometrics Appointment in Sacramento

20 Jun 2007 - touched

26 Jun 2007 - touched

25 Jul 2007 - AOS touched

1 Aug 2007 - EAD approved. USCIS ordered production of new card

13 Aug 2007 - AOS interview (APPROVED!!!)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I never asked what touches were. I just kind of figured it out :thumbs:

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Great work Mew! :thumbs:

K-1 - Timeline:

08/01/2005 - First met Lisa on the Internet

05/25/2006 - Flew to Guangzhou to meet my Sweetheart

06/21/2006 - Returned to America

07/05/2006 - sent I-129F to Nebraska Service Center

07/07/2006 - Transfered to California Service Center

07/11/2006 - NOA1

07/15/2006 - Touched

07/18/2006 - Check Cleared at Bank.

09/18/2006 - Touched

09/18/2006 - NOA2 Approved

09/19/2006 - Touched

09/21/2006 - NOA2 Received in Mail

09/28/2006 - NVC Received Petition and Assigned Case Number GUZ2006xxxxxx

10/05/2006 - Shipped to Guangzhou

11/20/2006 - Still not in Guangzhou, ya right.

12/29/2006 - Packet 3, sheeesh about time.

02/08/2007 - Packet 4

03/29/2007 - Interview

03/29/2007 - Pink Slip

04/04/2007 - Visa

04/15/2007 - Arriving America. POE Detroit, MI

06/06/2007 - Wedding

10/16/2007 - Green Card

115556592198128.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think it would really help if the search option worked more like google and could look for a whole phrase and not just one word :yes:

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! :D

We were married in Washington in August, we submitted our I-485, I130, I765, and I131 in Sept of 06 to the Chicago Lock Box, and got our Green card in January 07!!! Found this was much faster and easier than going through the K1 process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Info has been added to the main pinned thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=300

:) Great job! :)

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

God bless you Mew.... now we can stop sounding like broken records....

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for taking the time to explain this FAQ so completely. Saves a lot of us a lot of breath. :)

March 9 - filed I-129F to Nebraska

March 15 - NOA#1

June 1 - transferred to CSC

July 11 - IMBRA RFE back with CSC

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.