Arun+Catie

Birth Certificate discrepancy! and still clear NVC

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have discrepancy in my birth certificate including date month and year. I am thinking to submit the the wrong birth certificate along with the other supporting documents.

can anyone reply who had the same problem and didn't get RFE from NVC and complete the case in NVC. it would be a great help for me because i already got RFE with USCIS and wasted a lot of time. I don't want RFE wiht NVC.

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Personally, I would not send in something that's incorrect (even with supporting documents) unless I'd exhausted all other possibilities for correcting the documents.

BC is a pretty big deal. There's another VJer from India that's working oh correcting their BC.

I think the odds of getting an RFE are great.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I went to get copies of my BC and realized that NYC Department of Health had my first name spelled wrong in their system. I plan on getting it corrected, and getting new copies issued. I would recommend you do the same, submitting an incorrect BC may cause further delays.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
I went to get copies of my BC and realized that NYC Department of Health had my first name spelled wrong in their system. I plan on getting it corrected, and getting new copies issued. I would recommend you do the same, submitting an incorrect BC may cause further delays.

I have my name, father's name and mothers name correct on my certificate even my address is correct. Only my birth date is totally wrong.

My question is that is there any one who got approved with secondary evidence like DL, Passport, Affidavit from parents, Schools records when your original birth certificate is wrong.

I am trying to fix it but it looks like its hard to convince them to make it correct.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I would never take that chance....all you have to breath down the authorties neck.....I am sure if you make up your mind ....You will get in 15 days.....

When I started getting my Birth Certificate corrected I had no clue how to do it.....Neither did the Officials....Beacuse even they were aware of the amendment law.....Stick to the plan I shared with you.....You will be fine....

Just add everything....Sam naam dand bhed ( Hope I got that Right)

NOA1 May 09 2008

NOA2 Dec 18 2008

Case Complete Feb 03 2009

Medical Feb 16 2009

March 9th 2009.....Got my VISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I-751 January 13 2011

Timeline
I would never take that chance....all you have to breath down the authorties neck.....I am sure if you make up your mind ....You will get in 15 days.....

When I started getting my Birth Certificate corrected I had no clue how to do it.....Neither did the Officials....Beacuse even they were aware of the amendment law.....Stick to the plan I shared with you.....You will be fine....

Yeh seems like they are also in the same boat and they don't how to do the stuffs and the one who sign and stamp the certificate has a new instruction not to change anyone's date of birth, name, birht place and parents names.

After i show Him the BDR ACT 1969 copy he showed me the latest one which is not yet available on the internet or any govt website. And its looks like the ball is in his court and He wants something. Let us see what's going to happen after one week.

May God help me. I dont want to bribe anyone.

Timeline

Yeh seems like they are also in the same boat and they don't how to do the stuffs and the one who sign and stamp the certificate has a new instruction not to change anyone's date of birth, name, birht place and parents names.

After i show Him the BDR ACT 1969 copy he showed me the latest one which is not yet available on the internet or any govt website. And its looks like the ball is in his court and He wants something. Let us see what's going to happen after one week.

May God help me. I dont want to bribe anyone.

Hey i forgot to add one thing which is very helpful. I talk to NVC today and they told me that if law doesn't allow them to change the wrong birth certificate that ask them to give a letter stating that according to the law we unable to change his/her date of birth to the right one.

Timeline
Why would law not allow you to change your DOB to the correct one?

This is strange.

It does allow that's the point dear. But the govt people are so corrupt here that you cant even imagine. Anyway Hopefully i will be getting something from them either correct date of birth or written statement acknowledging that we are unable to change the date of birth to the correct date of birth according to the law. this is very tricky and thats what NVC told to get from them and it is enough for them.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Good Luck with whatever you choose to do......If the new law says that the DOB can't be corrected....just get a copy of the law get it attested from a first class magistrate and send it with rest of your date of birth records..............I guess you have found the best solution.................

NOA1 May 09 2008

NOA2 Dec 18 2008

Case Complete Feb 03 2009

Medical Feb 16 2009

March 9th 2009.....Got my VISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I-751 January 13 2011

• 1 month later...
Timeline
I have discrepancy in my birth certificate including date month and year. I am thinking to submit the the wrong birth certificate along with the other supporting documents.

can anyone reply who had the same problem and didn't get RFE from NVC and complete the case in NVC. it would be a great help for me because i already got RFE with USCIS and wasted a lot of time. I don't want RFE wiht NVC.

Update on this post:

I sent in the DS-230 packet to the NVC and it was approved, in spite of the fact my date of birth stated on my birth certificate is incorrect.

These are the steps we took:

We called the NVC five times to verify what steps we should take and supporting documents we should include in regards to the birth certificate. We pretty much followed their recommendations exactly...

First, I attempted to have my BC corrected, but to no avail. The government agency responsible just would not change my BC; however, I was able to procure a signed and sealed letter from them stating that they would not change my birth certificate and their reasons for this decision. Additionally, I included an affidavit of birth from both of my parents attesting to my correct date of birth, and stating that my government-issued BC birth date was incorrect. I also included a personal letter to the NVC describing the situation, and what additional evidence I included.

When I spoke with the NVC, they told me that the letter from the government agency, in addition to the affidavits from my parents would suffice as they generally look to the passport for the beneficiary's date of birth. (But the BC is required as further evidence, and evidence of his/her parents.)

The documentation collection for my BC was exhaustive, since my BC and the letter from the government agency had to also be translated from hindi into english. (Which we had translated by a lawyer, and attested before a First Class Magistrate.) But it was worth it! If you need more details on anything, please ask! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I have a question for you.... I have applied for my MOM, I just paid DS230 visa fee online. Should i go a ahead and download form and fill out....?

my second question is what support documents do i have to send ..?

my 3rd very important question, should i need to send copy of support documents or oraiginal...?

If i send original how i will present again during interview...?

Please reply soon

Timeline
I have a question for you.... I have applied for my MOM, I just paid DS230 visa fee online. Should i go a ahead and download form and fill out....?

my second question is what support documents do i have to send ..?

my 3rd very important question, should i need to send copy of support documents or oraiginal...?

If i send original how i will present again during interview...?

Please reply soon

dear mcpdba, there are many people who have the same questions in VJ and they have been answer wisely. If you do little bit more research than you will find all of your Answers. but let me reply for you again.

1. Pay $70 for I-864 (AOS) also and Go ahead and fill the froms (DS-230 and I-864).

2. You have to send all the Supporting documents for the AOS and for the DS-230 (there are many posts explaining about them)

3. you need to send all the original copies or certified copies from the Issuing agencies not Notarized certified copies.

4. NVC will send all the documents to embassy after they assign you an interview date and you will get them back on Interview day.

Regards

Arun

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Agreed, please read the guides section. All you need to know about the documentation is listed there.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.