Vietnam

Vietnam VisaJourney Members

396 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

icon11.gifNote: PM member Vietnam to be added to this list or to update your information.

AGES AGO ----interview----wait4ever-----Visa---June 2007---

07/10/06 ----interview----menyoo-------Visa---01/08/08---

02/06/07 ----interview----GREEN/TRAN---Visa---06/06/07---

02/09/07 ----interview----Etrnaly--------------delayed

02/28/07 ----interview----martindart ----Visa---05/11/07---

03/09/07 ----interview----Sinh & Lien----Visa---05/16/07---

03/28/07 ----interview----Thuy ----------------delayed

04/13/07 ----interview----dethuong--------delayed

07/12/07 ----interview----poppscc-------Visa--08/31/07----

07/19/07 ----interview----Kelvin Ly------Visa--07/20/07----

07/20/07 ----interview----Thai-----------Visa---07/27/07---

07/20/07 ----interview----What's next---Visa---08/08/07---

07/23/07 ----interview----Sweet Love---Visa---07/24/07---

07/30/07 ----interview----V. Dom--------Visa---08/03/07---

08/16/07 ----interview----Kevin & Tuyen-------delayed

08/24/07 ----interview----AustinJohn----Visa---09/05/07---

08/29/07 ----interview----LoveForever--Visa---09/14/07---

08/30/07 ----interview----Cha Gio-------Visa---09/05/07---

09/17/07 ----interview----HQMP---------Visa---10/18/07---

11/06/07 ----interview----Marc+Lam----Visa---11/09/07---

11/26/07 ----interview----Lovemyhuegirl--Visa--01/08/08--

12/05/07 ----interview----SteveLA ------passed-12/19/07--

12/10/07 ----interview----NeverSeen----passed-------------

12/10/07 ----interview----Thanh---------passed-------------

12/14/07 ----interview----hanho---------passed-------------

12/18/07 ----interview----TungLinh ------delayed

01/09/08 ----interview----MR2nice------------passed

01/11/08 ----interview----Eric and An Thuy----passed

01/28/08 ----interview----Guy&Hoa ------delayed

12/13/07 ----- Pack 3 -----tungchau

12/28/07 ----- Pack 3 -----PeterFB

12/28/07 ----- Pack 3 -----Lucas

01/02/08 ----- Pack 3 -----2007K1

01/10/08 ----- Pack 3 -----Vietnam07

01/25/08 ----- Pack 3 -----Minh and Mai

11/30/07 -----Case @ HCMC----Dave_Thao--- RD 2

02/04/08 -----Case @ HCMC----Haonie

00/00/00 ----NVC Received

11/28/07 ------NOA2------ robertwdalton

01/25/08 ------NOA2------ Melrose Plant

02/06/08 ------NOA2------ kosuke85

07/10/07 ------NOA1------ AmericanGentleman

09/05/07 ------NOA1------ AaronandThuy RD 2

10/19/07 ------NOA1------ VKOL

11/11/07 ------NOA1------ moondoggy

12/18/07 ------NOA1------ IchThuy

10/02/07 ------NOA1------ Tyrobe

01/25/08 ------NOA1------ b_weeks

Edited by Vietnam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

WOW, I am glad we are back online. :D What else is new everybody?

K1____Timeline

California processing center

Consulate: HCMC

I-129F sent ----------------------------------09/20/2005

NOA 1 (receipt)------------------------------09/27/2005

NOA 2 (approved)----------- ---------------12/12/2005

Package received by NVC------------------12/23/2005

Package left NVC----------------------------12/30/2005

Received by consulate----------------------01/04/2006

Recieved instructions (pkt 3)---------------01/27/2006

Date completed instructions (pkt 3)-------02/28/2006

Date recieved appointment letter (pkt4)--03/23/2006

Interview Date-------------------------------04/24/2006

Recieved visa--------------------------------04/27/2006

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I heard back from Congressman Rob Bishop's office who was looking into our case. For anyone who doesn't remember, Nha had her interview in May and after submitting additional information requested we received a notice telling us "we need not submit further information" and that "our case requires additional processing within" their office....Here is what the congressman had to say after inquiring with them two times now:

The embassy responded that the file is still under administrative review. Since this is essentially a fraud investigation (they are questioning the relationship), they will not allow any elected official to inquire or render support in any way (ethical grounds, swaying support in an objective inquiry etc.). So, regretfully, it looks like a letter of support is not viable at this point in the process. They will not give me any time frame for a result of this investigation only to say first-come, first serve. Since Vietnam has a higher than average rate of marriage fraud, I can only assume that there are a lot of cases under administrative review and that is the main reason for the delay. However, they assured me that it would be reviewed as soon as possible and given fair consideration consistent with US law and regulations. That probably does little to sooth your soul, but don't think I didn't try. Let me know if you have any questions.

Does anyone know how long to expect this "Administrative Review" to take? It's already been in Administrative Review for 6 months now!

“I never was and never shall be what is commonly termed a popular man,” Adams concluded. “I have no powers of fascination; none of the honey…” John Quincy Adams

Timeline

Somone told me that for K1 Visa the petitioner alone must meet minimum income requirements and CANNOT have a co-sponsor. Is this true?

3AD

02/06/2006 - Sent I-129F to TSC

02/08/2006 - Received by TSC, transferred to CSC

02/15/2006 - NOA1 from CSC

02/17/2006 - check cleared bank

03/21/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent add'l docs to amend I-129F

03/27/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent same add'l docs via certified mail (in case first got lost)

05/02/2006 - NOA2 from CSC (via email notification)

07/22/2006 - Packet 3 received

08/12/2006 - Packet 3 sent

10/03/2006 - Packet 4 received

10/26/2006 - Interview at Embassy, 221g (blue slip): advised how to file for citizenship of child (??)

11/29/2006 - Pink slip received after attorney met with immigration chief

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Somone told me that for K1 Visa the petitioner alone must meet minimum income requirements and CANNOT have a co-sponsor. Is this true?

3AD

False!

You, petitioner can have a co-sponsor if your income doesn't meet the poverty guideline.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: Timeline

Well, hi your all :)

I just being update from a friend that one of their relative who recently had the interview with the consular in hochiminh, and yes seems like they starting to discard all the co-sponsor (not officially but did happen)

3AD

False!

You, petitioner can have a co-sponsor if your income doesn't meet the poverty guideline.

Timeline
Well, hi your all :)

I just being update from a friend that one of their relative who recently had the interview with the consular in hochiminh, and yes seems like they starting to discard all the co-sponsor (not officially but did happen)

3AD

False!

Are you kidding me???? If this is true, these guys in HCMC are asking for a lawsuit at their door... Please give us more detail about this issue, is it an "undocumented" practice in HCMC to discard all cases with Co-sponsor??? We need to hear more from people who going through HCMC... That's crazy!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

Someone asked how we know our case is in Administrative Review..

Answer: They never told us that. They never answer any of my questions, they just give a semi-relevent form letter response to anything I ask them. After I got my congressman involved they told him that and the Congressman also told me he speculated it is becuse they have doubts about our relationship as a possibly fraudulent relationship solly for the sake f getting her to the U.S.... Honestly, it's absurd. Nobody in their right mind would spend as much time faking a relationship for that reason as we have spent together online and in person. With all the time and effort I have spet and she has spent on our relationship I could be running a fortune 500 company by now! Note to anyone contemplating a sham maririage for money: there are a hell of a lot easier ways to make money than that and you piss me off because you put people like us who are sincere through all this ####### and make us miserable. Scammers are probably the only people I would like to choke the life out of more than the consulate at this point! Gawd!

“I never was and never shall be what is commonly termed a popular man,” Adams concluded. “I have no powers of fascination; none of the honey…” John Quincy Adams

Timeline

Go West, Northwest, city name: Seattle.

Last year or the year before, a huge ring of marriage fraud was bursted by the FBI and USCIS. Look for guys with last name: NGUYEN, TRAN, LE, PHAM, HUYNH, LY etc. Over 101 couples who married for the sake of getting around $40-$50K to bring a man/woman to America. I hope you find them and choke them to death man...

It's a joke and disgrace what some people would do to get here. I know you mad, but how do they know your marriage is real when 99% of them are fakes, therefore the whole Admin Rev is taking place to filter out the bad seeds.

Can you be more specific, is there a huge age difference between you and her? Were you and her coming from the same town? Same last name? Can you say your case is straight forward, no complications? Neer married, no children, same job, stable incomes, no criminal records etc... No to all? If you say yes to any of these, it is expected to be delayed. But either way, if there is any hope in this, I've never seen any case was denied flat out. All VJ members who was on this board, telling horrible stories about HCMC, their treatments etc.... in the end, all got through and came to the US.

So... hang in then man... i know it sux and easy for me to say, but we've all been through HCMC... WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL....

Timeline

Last year or the year before, a huge ring of marriage fraud was bursted by the FBI and USCIS. Look for guys with last name: NGUYEN, TRAN, LE, PHAM, HUYNH, LY etc. Over 101 couples who married for the sake of getting around $40-$50K to bring a man/woman to America. I hope you find them and choke them to death man...

It's a joke and disgrace what some people would do to get here. I know you mad, but how do they know your marriage is real when 99% of them are fakes, therefore the whole Admin Rev is taking place to filter out the bad seeds.

Can you be more specific, is there a huge age difference between you and her? Were you and her coming from the same town? Same last name? Can you say your case is straight forward, no complications? Neer married, no children, same job, stable incomes, no criminal records etc... No to all? If you say yes to any of these, it is expected to be delayed. But either way, if there is any hope in this, I've never seen any case was denied flat out. All VJ members who was on this board, telling horrible stories about HCMC, their treatments etc.... in the end, all got through and came to the US.

So... hang in then man... i know it sux and easy for me to say, but we've all been through HCMC... WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL....

Ok, here is more information about our case. By the way I also heard about a bunch of people busted in Los Angeles recently (big surprise, based on how many Vietnamse are there,) I think the numbers were just over a hundred people. I also went so far as to report a doctor here in HCMC who was extorting money from visa applicants and yes, if I EVER know of visa fraud I will PROUDLY report it (that is if I don't kill them myself first.)

Let me first say that it would not be worth 40 or 50k to me to fake two years of non-stop REAL relationship.. We have a boatload of evidence that supports our genuinity. When I mailed the I-129F I included everything they were going to ask for, about 2" of emails, several pictures, ticket stubs from 4 trips to see her for about a month each time.. letter from my mother, taxes, divorce decrees for international use, her police report, single status... ETC! It was about 4" thick and costed me about $20 just to send it to them. I was hoping they would instantly see we were not joking around and push us through.. boy was I ever wrong.

Now for the stuff you asked. We have a 12 year age difference. I look younger...but so does she. I am from Utah and white guy, no affiliations with any Vietnamese people whatsoever, her name is not any of those names you mentioned. I have some minor criminal stuff in my past, including using a counterfeit ski pass I bought for twenty bucks.. that might be what caused it because when I confessed in court they did fingerprint me. I've been married two times. The second time was to a Mexican girl who I did file an I-130 for but a month later broke it off with her after I caught her trying to siphon money from my credit card! This could have been the big red flag but at any rate she never got her visa and never even got close to it. Neither of us has children. I own my own business and have been (proudly I might add) fired from maybe 20 jobs in maybe 5 states over the past ten years (they wanted me to actually show up - go figure!) I have moved around a LOT, maybe 15 or 20 times over the past 15 years. Last year when I filed my taxes the governement tried to tell me that I didn't exist. Probably because I had ordered a replacement social security card. My income is moderately stable but it is not up to par either. Luckily I have a great co-sponsor and evidence showing that my family will never let either of us be what you'd call poor. Even though I don't make a lot, I don't spend a lot either and I keep myself alive without help.

Now some of those are indeed negatives or red flags but on the other side.. How many people do you know who visited 5 times now and finally moved to be with her because we couldn't bear to be apart anymore. I wasn't getting anything done at home anyway because I spent all my time missing her, chatting, and writing to her so finally I decided I would be just as well of to move here. When she went to the interview she took a suitcase full of stuff. She messed up when they asked about my Feb 2004 visit and answered as if they had asked about my 2005 visit then didn't correct herself (mistake.) Then she also saw on my divorce decree I had divorced in "AK" and she thought it was for "Arizona," the state I was born in... Two doozies but still she had hundreds of pictures and mountains of emails too. She has a credit card in her name that is on my account, but they don't know that. I have written to them and told them just to come over to our house and see us together personally but of course they haven't done that either.

Well, I appreciate what you wrote. Sometimes it's good just to come on here and vent a little and share in the frustration. I get pretty bored here in old Saigon and nothing much to do so if anyone has any jobs for me that they need done here let me know. Private investigations of your sweeties? Manufacturing connections? Let me know everyone, I really need something to keep myself occupied while we wait and this wait is taking a lot longer than I had hoped.

Ok, here is more information about our case. By the way I also heard about a bunch of people busted in Los Angeles recently (big surprise, based on how many Vietnamse are there,) I think the numbers were just over a hundred people. I also went so far as to report a doctor here in HCMC who was extorting money from visa applicants and yes, if I EVER know of visa fraud I will PROUDLY report it (that is if I don't kill them myself first.)

Let me first say that it would not be worth 40 or 50k to me to fake two years of non-stop REAL relationship.. We have a boatload of evidence that supports our genuinity. When I mailed the I-129F I included everything they were going to ask for, about 2" of emails, several pictures, ticket stubs from 4 trips to see her for about a month each time.. letter from my mother, taxes, divorce decrees for international use, her police report, single status... ETC! It was about 4" thick and costed me about $20 just to send it to them. I was hoping they would instantly see we were not joking around and push us through.. boy was I ever wrong.

Now for the stuff you asked. We have a 12 year age difference. I look younger...but so does she. I am from Utah and white guy, no affiliations with any Vietnamese people whatsoever, her name is not any of those names you mentioned. I have some minor criminal stuff in my past, including using a counterfeit ski pass I bought for twenty bucks.. that might be what caused it because when I confessed in court they did fingerprint me. I've been married two times. The second time was to a Mexican girl who I did file an I-130 for but a month later broke it off with her after I caught her trying to siphon money from my credit card! This could have been the big red flag but at any rate she never got her visa and never even got close to it. Neither of us has children. I own my own business and have been (proudly I might add) fired from maybe 20 jobs in maybe 5 states over the past ten years (they wanted me to actually show up - go figure!) I have moved around a LOT, maybe 15 or 20 times over the past 15 years. Last year when I filed my taxes the governement tried to tell me that I didn't exist. Probably because I had ordered a replacement social security card. My income is moderately stable but it is not up to par either. Luckily I have a great co-sponsor and evidence showing that my family will never let either of us be what you'd call poor. Even though I don't make a lot, I don't spend a lot either and I keep myself alive without help.

Now some of those are indeed negatives or red flags but on the other side.. How many people do you know who visited 5 times now and finally moved to be with her because we couldn't bear to be apart anymore. I wasn't getting anything done at home anyway because I spent all my time missing her, chatting, and writing to her so finally I decided I would be just as well of to move here. When she went to the interview she took a suitcase full of stuff. She messed up when they asked about my Feb 2004 visit and answered as if they had asked about my 2005 visit then didn't correct herself (mistake.) Then she also saw on my divorce decree I had divorced in "AK" and she thought it was for "Arizona," the state I was born in... Two doozies but still she had hundreds of pictures and mountains of emails too. She has a credit card in her name that is on my account, but they don't know that. I have written to them and told them just to come over to our house and see us together personally but of course they haven't done that either.

Well, I appreciate what you wrote. Sometimes it's good just to come on here and vent a little and share in the frustration. I get pretty bored here in old Saigon and nothing much to do so if anyone has any jobs for me that they need done here let me know. Private investigations of your sweeties? Manufacturing connections? Let me know everyone, I really need something to keep myself occupied while we wait and this wait is taking a lot longer than I had hoped.

You could try writing a K- Visa do it yourself guide book.

Keep plugging away... it will happen sooner or later...

Good luck! :yes:

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Event Date

I-129F Sent:.................2005-04-05

I-129F NOA1 :...............2005-04-11

I-129F RFE(s) :..............2005-07-13 (original signatures)

RFE Reply(s) :...............2005-07-15

I-129F NOA2 :...............2005-07-25

Visa Center Received......2006-08-09

Visa center sent.............2006-08-12

Consulate Received:.......2005-08-16 ( electronic file)

Consulate Received:.......2005-08-26 (physical file)

Consulate Sent Packet 3:.2005-10- 12

Packet 3 Received:.........2005-10-24

Packet 3 Sent:...............2005-10-26

Packet 4 Received:.........2005-12-25

Interview Date:.............2006-01-24, Hue's birthday!!!

Visa Received:.............. 2006-02-08 Miss Hue Passed!!!

US Entry:.....................2006-02-09

Marriage:.....................2006-02-16!!!

AOS filed......................2006-03-26

AOS received.................2006-03-31

AOS Notice ...................2006-04-05

Biometrics....................2006-05-02

EAD filed (online)...........2006-05-22 (Miss Hue is bored)

EAD Notice....................2006-05-22

EAD Biometrics..............2006-05-26

Comments : Yes, I would do it all over again!

After reading your stories on the old forum, I wonder if your case was placed on AR because you gave "too much" evidence. Crazy as it sounds, the consulate might consider too much evidence as signs that you had "outside" help in preparing the petition. Plus your fiancee's mistakes at the interview did not help after you had shown so much evidence of your relationship. Their theory might be that if this petitioner gave this much evidence, why doesn't the beneficiary know more about the petitioner.

When applying for a visa, you don't get extra credit for going overboard with evidence. All you have to do is cross your t's and dot you i's. Doing much more than asked for might be signs that you are trying too hard.

I'm sorry for all your troubles, but think of it this way, if they had any concrete evidence of fraud, they would have sent the petition back to the US. Most likely you will make it through the AR.

Good luck to you.

Timeline

Question about Vietnamese format names ...

My fiance's name in Vietnamese format is family name first, given name last as in: LE THI TU QUYEN. However, on forms like G-325A and I-129F and other areas I use "American" style formatting as QUYEN TU THI LE (reversed the VN format). So for first name, that's easy (QUYEN) and last name (LE) but middle name is confusing ... do I list as "TU THI"? I'm very afraid of delays if the format of the name is wrong.

Thanks.

3AD

03/27/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent same add'l docs via certified mail (in case first got lost)

10/26/2006 - Interview at Embassy, 221g (blue slip): advised how to file for citizenship of child (??)

Timeline

After reading your stories on the old forum, I wonder if your case was placed on AR because you gave "too much" evidence. Crazy as it sounds, the consulate might consider too much evidence as signs that you had "outside" help in preparing the petition.

So submitting too much evidence is problematic? Now I'm worried. I submitted about 8 photos, about 8 letters from each of us, screen captures of chat sessions, telephone bills, copies of emails. I'd say I had 50 pages of stuff all together.

Now I'm worried.

Does anyone have any further insight about "too much" evidence?

Thanks,

3AD

After reading your stories on the old forum, I wonder if your case was placed on AR because you gave "too much" evidence. Crazy as it sounds, the consulate might consider too much evidence as signs that you had "outside" help in preparing the petition.

It's all speculation on everybody's part as to how much evidence is enough. Each case is different. If you submitted 50 pages at the I-129F level, then that's going overboard. At the interview, that should be ok. But again, I'm just speculating.

Question about Vietnamese format names ...

My fiance's name in Vietnamese format is family name first, given name last as in: LE THI TU QUYEN. However, on forms like G-325A and I-129F and other areas I use "American" style formatting as QUYEN TU THI LE (reversed the VN format). So for first name, that's easy (QUYEN) and last name (LE) but middle name is confusing ... do I list as "TU THI"? I'm very afraid of delays if the format of the name is wrong.

Thanks.

3AD

You did it correctly. Always write the middle names American style. The consulate is used vietnamese with four names so it might not be a big problem if you get it wrong. Make sure the name on the forms match the names on the passport and birth certificate.

If they ask you to write last name first, it would be "LE, QUYEN TU THI"

Edited by scy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.