Nanusia & Lukaszek

What is normal wait time between AOS interview & GC in mailbox

17 posts in this topic

We had our AOS interview on 11/29. No touches on the USCIS site since October it says....

So how long does it normally take to receive the Green Card? We did not receive the emails that others get of "welcome notice" or "card production ordered".

Could our file still be sitting on the IO's desk waiting further supervisor approval?

12140.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Depends if it is "Pending Name Check" or not.

If pending name check it can take months to YEARS.

If not "Pending Name Check", then a few weeks, you can ask for I-551 stamp in passport.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

We asked for the I-551 stamp in the passport, the IO said its no longer given out in Chicago. She said if we needed to travel in an emergency that we could come back for it.

I heard that if your name has not cleared the FBI check that the I-94 is not removed. She removed the I-94 out of my husbands passport.

How else do you find out if the delay could be FBI name check related?

Also to those that recently got their GC's. How long did it take from interview till it was in your mailbox??

12140.gif

I heard that if your name has not cleared the FBI check that the I-94 is not removed. She removed the I-94 out of my husbands passport.

Some are removed, some are not. It's not a hard & fast rule. best way to find out if your pending namecheck is to get an infopass or get a status inquiry via rep or senator.

Some members have reported waiting up to 2 months before getting the greencard in hand post-interview. Unless you have some pressing issue, I would personally wait a bit.

Some are removed, some are not. It's not a hard & fast rule. best way to find out if your pending namecheck is to get an infopass or get a status inquiry via rep or senator.

Some members have reported waiting up to 2 months before getting the greencard in hand post-interview. Unless you have some pressing issue, I would personally wait a bit.

I know we are a bit anxious, but the point that bothers me is no touches. I thought they'd at least acknowledge the interview in the system. Do you think if I call the USCIS 800 line, they'd tell me if we are in the waiting for the GC to print, or if its the FBI name check?

12140.gif

I know we are a bit anxious, but the point that bothers me is no touches. I thought they'd at least acknowledge the interview in the system. Do you think if I call the USCIS 800 line, they'd tell me if we are in the waiting for the GC to print, or if its the FBI name check?

Infoline generally only sees what you see in the online system. Can't hurt to try though. For the record, I went a year without any touches even after the interview. I wouldn't stress about lack of touches.

Infoline generally only sees what you see in the online system. Can't hurt to try though. For the record, I went a year without any touches even after the interview. I wouldn't stress about lack of touches.

I went from anxious to worried :( I thought I was going to hear that it could take a month. I looked at your timeline LaL and you are in FBI name check since 5/2006?

What about the namecheck that they do for the K1, if that goes over quickly, shouldnt this too?

12140.gif

The namecheck stateside is different than through the consulates. It has no bearing on the "quickness" in which it may be cleared. That said, don't let my timeline worry you - its not the norm.

I would think your guesstimate of one month is about right based on anecdotal evidence around here. If you are *that* stressed, call the helpline, and make an infopass appointment.

Ok - so I didn't really get any feedback from people that already got their GC's. How long did it take for you guys to get yours after the interview?

12140.gif

Filed: Timeline
We had our AOS interview on 11/29. No touches on the USCIS site since October it says....

So how long does it normally take to receive the Green Card? We did not receive the emails that others get of "welcome notice" or "card production ordered".

Could our file still be sitting on the IO's desk waiting further supervisor approval?

I'm from Chicago, too. My AOS intrview on 12/3. ---our cases look a little bit same~

I got the approval letter 12/10. And now, we are waiting the GC.

Good luck for you. Do not worry, it will arrive soon!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had the interview on 11/29 too and i just received the greencard today!

OUR K-1 VISA JOURNEY

K1 Application

12-01-2006 I-129F sent priority USPS to CSC ... the real journey begins! (Day 1)

12-06-2006 NOA1 (Day 4)

03-05-2007 NOA2 - YAY!! (Day 89))

05-04-2007 INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED! (Day 149)

05-10-2007 Visa received (Day 155)

05-17-2007 ARRIVED IN PHOENIX (Day 162)

05-25-2007 Applied SSN

06-04-2007 Received SSN in the mail

06-14-2007 Passed driving test and now have my license

07-12-2007 MARRIED

07-24-2007 Changed name with SSA

AOS

05-31-2007 Appointment with Civil Surgeon for I-693A

07-16-2007 AOS sent to Chicago (received 07-18) (Day 1)

07-27-2007 NOA1 date (received 8/1) (Day 9)

07-30-2007 Check cashed (Day 12)

08-14-2007 Biometrics (Day 28)

11-29-2007 INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!! (Day 131) APPROVED

12-11-2007 Greencard Received

ROC

09-01-2009 I-751 sent to VSC (received 09-03) (Day 1)

09-04-2009 NOA Date (received 09-14) (Day 4)

09-08-2009 Check Cashed (Day 8)

10-05-2009 Biometrics @ Jackson MS (received 09-24) (Day 35)

01-08-2010 10 Year Greencard approved

01-19-2010 10 Year Greencard received

glitterfy011155737dkj7.gif glitterfy011545702wxh7.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We also had our interview on 11/29..we have not received the card yet. We did receive the welcome letter. The AOS officer said that we would have the card in two weeks. She took my husband's EAD card. He asked if he could have it back because he was searching for another job. She told him he could just tell people that he was a permanent resident.

We are still waiting.

Filed: Timeline

had my AOS interview on 12/4

i received 2 email updates

1) Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 10, 2007, we ordered production of your new card.

2) Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On December 11, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status.

the officer i had interview with didn't mention anything about FBI background check and said that i was approved on the spot.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
We asked for the I-551 stamp in the passport, the IO said its no longer given out in Chicago. She said if we needed to travel in an emergency that we could come back for it.

Also to those that recently got their GC's. How long did it take from interview till it was in your mailbox??

Our AOS interview (San Diego) was November 21st...had Green Card in hand on December 1st.

K-1 & I-601 Waiver Timeline 4/7/06 to 9/12/07

4/7/06: I-129 K-1 Application mailed

4/20/06: NOA Receipt

6/23/06: Req for Evidence

8/31/06: NOA

9/28/06: NOA- NVC rcvd I-129

10/12 & 11/9: Rcvd CDJ Ltr- processing Visa

12/6/06: CDJ Interview - Denied - I-601 Waiver Required

12/18/06: I-601 filed

8/6/07: Waiver Approval

8/22/07: Waiver Approval letter received

9/4/07: Open Appointment Letter Rcvd (postmarked 8/31/07 from Texas)

9/9/07: Arrive in CDJ for Open Appt

9/10/07: Open Appointment

9/12/07: RECEIVED K-1 VISA!

AOS - 10/8/07 to 11/21/07

9/14/07: Entered the United States

9/21/07: Happliy Married!

10/6/07: AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox!

10/8/07: Return Receipt stamped received by USCIS

10/19/07: NOA Receipt for AOS & EAD received

10/24/07: Case Online at USCIS.gov

10/25/07: Touched

11/3/07: Biometrics Appointment

11/5/07: Touched

11/14/07: Appointment Letter received

11/16/07: EAD Production ordered.

11/21/07: AOS Interview - Approved - Hubby is Legal Permanent Resident (Conditional)

11/23/07: Registered Customer's new permanent resident status (Online Case Status)

11/25/07: Touched - Production of EAD ordered (Online Case Status)

11/26/07: On November 26, 2007, we ordered production of your new card (Green Card).

11/28/07: Received EAD Card!

11/30/07: Received Welcome to the U.S. Letter

12/1/07: Received GREEN CARD!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Same boat as you. We never could check our case status online from day 1, but we've had no trouble receiving snail mail. Our interview was 11/29, we were verbally told we were approved and I watched the CO stamp my wife's paperwork "approved" and remove her I-94. But we're still anxiously awaiting the GC or at least the welcome letter in the mail. Just something to acknowledge the interview is all we want.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.