hoosier

How many K1 visa are processed each year?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm just curious does anyone have a source or know the figures or if they are reported anywhere how many K1 visas are processed each year?

Mainly curious because I was wondering what percentage of K1 visa applicants statistics are represented on this site.

I would think it is a decent percentage because I can't even comprehend anyone going through this process without researching on the net what all was needed and this seems to be the main site to get the information.

I just wonder how many people just send the paperwork on their own without getting the valuable insight and information that is contained here on VJ. I guess maybe many just hire an attorney.

Just as a note to everyone on this site, it is a fantastic resource and community. It is of great comfort to me going through this process reading all the stories and experiences of others in the same situation. I can not even imagine trying to go through this process alone or without this website! So Kudos to VJ and all it's members :thumbs:

November 5, 2007 --- 1-129F sent to CSC

November 6, 2007 --- Package received at CSC signed for by V SEMEGI

November 14, 2007 --- NOA1 Date

November 19, 2007 --- NOA1 Hardcopy I-797 received in the mail

March 10, 2008 ---- Touched

March 13, 2008 ---- Touched

March 14, 2008 ---- Touched

March 20, 2008 ---- Touched ( I guess approved but no update on website or email?)

March 25, 2008 ---- Noa2 hard copy received in the mail Dated March 20, 2008

March 31, 2008 ---- NVC Received our File-- Assigned case #

April 2, 2008 ------- Package shipped to US embassy Manila

May 8-9, 2008------ Medical (approved)

May 20, 2008------- Interview (Approved)

May 29, 2008------- Visa Delivered

June 12, 2008------ Flight to USA -POE Chicago

"Calling an Illegal immigrant an Undocumented worker is the equivalent of calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

this is the only think I saw :)

USCIS Processing Times and Case Status

November 24th, 2007

From the USCIS:

Applications are processed in the order they are received by application type. The average processing times for all applications are posted on our website. Processing times are an estimate of how long it will take to complete your case. Each case is different; so some cases may take longer than others. You can use your receipt to check your case status on Case Status Online (See the “Related Links” section of this page). Please be advised that we will only research your case if it is beyond our posted processing times (You can also find a link to processing times in the Related Links section).

The processing times are for applications that have been just completed. If you have just filed your application, these timeframes may not reflect how long your application will take to be completed. We encourage you to check processing times before inquiring about your case. The processing times are updated monthly.

USCIS has received a significant increase in the number of applications filed. In July and August, nearly 2.5 million applications and petitions of all types were received. This compares to 1.2 million applications and petitions received in the same time period last year. This fiscal year, we received 1.4 million applications for naturalization; nearly double the volume we received the year before. The agency is working to improve processes and focus increased resources, including hiring approximately 1,500 new employees, to address this workload.

As a result, average processing times for certain application types may become longer. In particular, naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007 may take approximately 16 - 18 months to process.

When your application is received by a USCIS Service Center or the National Benefits Center, we will mail you a receipt notice. The receipt notice will have all of the important information you need about your case. With your receipt number you can check the status of your case on our website and also register on our website for automatic case status updates as we process your case.

For more information about when and how to contact us, whether your case is outside our processing time, or if there are other issues, please see our customer guide Case Services - How Do I… know what kind of services are available to me after I file my application or petition? also available in the Related Links section of this page.

Removal of conditions...

Timeline
this is the only think I saw :)

USCIS Processing Times and Case Status

November 24th, 2007

From the USCIS:

Applications are processed in the order they are received by application type. The average processing times for all applications are posted on our website. Processing times are an estimate of how long it will take to complete your case. Each case is different; so some cases may take longer than others. You can use your receipt to check your case status on Case Status Online (See the “Related Links” section of this page). Please be advised that we will only research your case if it is beyond our posted processing times (You can also find a link to processing times in the Related Links section).

The processing times are for applications that have been just completed. If you have just filed your application, these timeframes may not reflect how long your application will take to be completed. We encourage you to check processing times before inquiring about your case. The processing times are updated monthly.

USCIS has received a significant increase in the number of applications filed. In July and August, nearly 2.5 million applications and petitions of all types were received. This compares to 1.2 million applications and petitions received in the same time period last year. This fiscal year, we received 1.4 million applications for naturalization; nearly double the volume we received the year before. The agency is working to improve processes and focus increased resources, including hiring approximately 1,500 new employees, to address this workload.

As a result, average processing times for certain application types may become longer. In particular, naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007 may take approximately 16 - 18 months to process.

When your application is received by a USCIS Service Center or the National Benefits Center, we will mail you a receipt notice. The receipt notice will have all of the important information you need about your case. With your receipt number you can check the status of your case on our website and also register on our website for automatic case status updates as we process your case.

For more information about when and how to contact us, whether your case is outside our processing time, or if there are other issues, please see our customer guide Case Services - How Do I… know what kind of services are available to me after I file my application or petition? also available in the Related Links section of this page.

That is referring to all types of visas and other immigration applications like AOS, citizenship etc. combined. I'm just mainly concerned with K1 or even k3 which is primarily what this websites focus is on. :yes:

March 20, 2008 ---- Touched ( I guess approved but no update on website or email?)

"Calling an Illegal immigrant an Undocumented worker is the equivalent of calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

A whoooooole lot of them! :lol:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

That is referring to all types of visas and other immigration applications like AOS, citizenship etc. combined. I'm just mainly concerned with K1 or even k3 which is primarily what this websites focus is on. :yes:

:) This website is not only for K-1 and K-3 :) It covers the AOS and so many other areas :)))

Removal of conditions...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
I'm just curious does anyone have a source or know the figures or if they are reported anywhere how many K1 visas are processed each year?

Mainly curious because I was wondering what percentage of K1 visa applicants statistics are represented on this site.

I would think it is a decent percentage because I can't even comprehend anyone going through this process without researching on the net what all was needed and this seems to be the main site to get the information.

I just wonder how many people just send the paperwork on their own without getting the valuable insight and information that is contained here on VJ. I guess maybe many just hire an attorney.

Just as a note to everyone on this site, it is a fantastic resource and community. It is of great comfort to me going through this process reading all the stories and experiences of others in the same situation. I can not even imagine trying to go through this process alone or without this website! So Kudos to VJ and all it's members :thumbs:

Considering going to "members" shows approximately only 34,440 members, and that is over years that this site has existed and includes people adjusting from means other than K1 or K3, as well as CR IR1s, I highly doubt VJ represents a large percentage of K-1 visa filers.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Timeline

Many people on this site adjust from visas other than K-1 or K-3, successfully. This website focuses on all types of marriage-based immigration.

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

back in 2006. approvals of K-1 visas submitted March thru June were put on hold. that created a backlog of over 10,000 petitions. so I'd guess there are over 50,000 K-1 petitions submitted each year.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Here is something I found for 2005:

In Fiscal Year 2005, which runs from October 2004 through September 2005, we issued 395,005 immigrant visas and 5,388,937 non-immigrant visas. This data, and other statistics on our visa issuances, are available to the public on the Consular Affairs web site at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/statisti...tics_2787.html.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Many people on this site adjust from visas other than K-1 or K-3, successfully. This website focuses on all types of marriage-based immigration.

Yes I realize that, was just trying to counter that the numbers from the press release referred to all types of applications of which I think marriage based application are quite a low percentage.

Thanks for all the great replies so far.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

From what I remember and based on the stats that were issued indicated that there were about 50,000 "K" visas issued (K-1/2/3/4) in 2006.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Found this spreadsheet on the Homeland Security website with the stats:

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statist...06/table26d.xls

It shows about 30,000 K1 visas issued in 2006. Also interesting to note is how the number of visas has increased over the years...from only 12,000 in 1998!

October 5, 2007 - K-1 Application mailed to CSC

October 11, 2007 - NOA1

February 27, 2008 - NOA2

April 29, 2008 - Interview - approved!!

May 6, 2008 - Arrived in the US

May 23, 2008 - Married!

May 29, 2008 - AOS mailed

June 4, 2008 - NOA1!

June 25, 2008 - Biometrics

August 11, 2008 - AP Approved

August 14, 2008 - EAD Approved

October 28, 2008 - Interview - Approved!

Timeline

It shows about 30,000 K1 visas issued in 2006. Also interesting to note is how the number of visas has increased over the years...from only 12,000 in 1998!

Not surprising with the increasing use of the internet.

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Timeline

Excellent Meridien, that was exactly what I was looking for !

So to satisfy my curiousity I did this basic math. According to the the timeline statistics the last 360 days were 1532 K1 timelines and according to the spreadsheet from homeland security approx 30,000 K1 each year so if you do the math Approximately 5% of k1 applicants use this site, or at least post a timeline.

A bit lower than I would of figured. But of course there is likely a decent number that just lurk and never create an account or timeline.

Still it gives me an idea that when I see in some of the posts here how many applications are approved this month or how many are pending etc. I can just take that figure and take it times X 20 and extrapolate approximately the actual figure at the USCIS.

There are more petitions processed than visas granted. Some don't make it to the end, and other get denied for whatever reason. But I would assume the majority of petitions do make it to visas.

keTiiDCjGVo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.