rosa.sputnik

I-134, Bank Statement, how does it look like?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hi together...

my fiance is just gathering the papers for the I-134 at the bank of america... but for some reason they can not give him the total deposit of the last year...

how did that work in your cases?

what exactly did they provide to you?

thank you so much

rosa.sputnik

July 23rd 2007 - Filed 129-F - TSC

July 25th 2007 - TSC received petition (USPS Tracking)

August 16th 2007 - Money Order cashed!!! :-))))

August 17th 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy in mail

August 21st 2007 - Touch

November 29th 2007 - Touch... and after three horrible hours

APPROVED!!!!

November 30th 2007 - Touch

December 13th - Medical

December 15th - Pack3 in mail

Decmber 17th - Pack 3 mailed to FFM

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Many people use income only to meet the I-134 and therefore ignore the assets... Do you need to use assets to make up for a perceived income shortfall?

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
The directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

OK, thank you so much....

Yes... his income is double of the poverty guidelines....

I was just freaking out on the phone when he told me that the "Bank of Amerika" would not provide this... <grumble> ;-)

Thanks a lot again :-))))

July 23rd 2007 - Filed 129-F - TSC

July 25th 2007 - TSC received petition (USPS Tracking)

August 16th 2007 - Money Order cashed!!! :-))))

August 17th 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy in mail

August 21st 2007 - Touch

November 29th 2007 - Touch... and after three horrible hours

APPROVED!!!!

November 30th 2007 - Touch

December 13th - Medical

December 15th - Pack3 in mail

Decmber 17th - Pack 3 mailed to FFM

My bank also does not have this information. YuAndDan, did you just put "$0" on the I-134, then? I'm wondering if I should just leave "0" for fields I have no good proof of. (Life insurance cash surrender value is another example. It has a cash surrender value of around $6,000, but I have nothing on paper stating that)

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
My bank also does not have this information. YuAndDan, did you just put "$0" on the I-134, then? I'm wondering if I should just leave "0" for fields I have no good proof of. (Life insurance cash surrender value is another example. It has a cash surrender value of around $6,000, but I have nothing on paper stating that)
I put "0" on the form, any numbers on the form need evidence to prove the numbers.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

National City agreed to do it, but we went to a small branch that had the time. The guy had to go through each statement from the last year, month by month and add them up. He then wrote this on a piece of paper and signed it. If you feel you really need it, maybe gather your statements for the last year, highlight the deposits, add them up for the guy and see if they will simply write you a statement with the info you provided and sign it. I think income requirements would prove to be easier though. Good luck!

Edited by msu17

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I put "0" on the form, any numbers on the form need evidence to prove the numbers.

I would just leave all asset related sections blank, if income is sufficient.

A $0 is only appropriate when it is the truth. As a truth, it doesn't help. So leave it blank.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Bank of America gave me a hard time with this. So, I just brought the letter (including the amount) from when I opened my bank account. The consulate didn't even ask for it - or for my 2 years of W2s - but I think it's because I'm enough above the poverty level.

I aslo had my employer letter, I-134, my annual salary, and my 2006 W2s and tax receipts.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
you can consult professional income tax attorney for it

A personal income tax attorney is generally not necessary unless you're in trouble with the IRS or state tax authority. A personal accountant would be better suited for this work, but they'd still need your bank statements. Either one is overkill, since anyone with a 1st grade education can add.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Other Timeline
you can consult professional income tax attorney for it

A personal income tax attorney is generally not necessary unless you're in trouble with the IRS or state tax authority. A personal accountant would be better suited for this work, but they'd still need your bank statements. Either one is overkill, since anyone with a 1st grade education can add.

Congratulations on the approval, Jim.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.