Alyona

Can my husband stop my Green card!?!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

hi everyone!

i filled all paper with my husband on change of status.and i pass interview and officer in the office told us they send Green card soon .it almost 6 months on 11 of december but i didnt get the Green card .i was apply for the first Green card with my husband this year but i lived in the State of Arizona since 2005.And married since 11of July.

Our relationship went wrong way and i live in the friends house.My husband want to call Immigration service and tell them we broke up.Actually he want to stop all the process,what can he get out of all this???

How with all his phone calls i can prove i lived in marrige not just for a Green card and get Green card in a time????? CAn he stop process even if officer approved My status???

Thank you .

Filed: Timeline
hi everyone!

i filled all paper with my husband on change of status.and i pass interview and officer in the office told us they send Green card soon .it almost 6 months on 11 of december but i didnt get the Green card .i was apply for the first Green card with my husband this year but i lived in the State of Arizona since 2005.And married since 11of July.

Our relationship went wrong way and i live in the friends house.My husband want to call Immigration service and tell them we broke up.Actually he want to stop all the process,what can he get out of all this???

How with all his phone calls i can prove i lived in marrige not just for a Green card and get Green card in a time????? CAn he stop process even if officer approved My status???

Thank you .

Yes, the US citizen petitioner can affect the process, especially when the alien has not yet received the conditional green card. Why did you move out so soon if you were not yet in receipt of the green card? You should be aware that in order to be approved for a green card, you must be able to demonstrate that the marriage is viable. Living with a friend, because the marriage "went wrong way" is not a viable marriage. In the simplest of terms, you must always bear in mind that if it were not for the United States citizen, the alien would not be afforded permanent residency, unless he or she had professional skills that were of service to the USA. Permanent residency is afforded an alien spouse of a US citizen, so that the US citizen is not forced to leave his or her country in order to pursue his or her heart. When a marriage goes asunder, of what importance is it for USCIS to offer PR to such an alien, when the US citizen petitioner has no need to contemplate leaving the country if PR were not available to his or her spouse?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Timeline
Thank you for your reply. I have been waiting for 5 months for green card. how can he stop this now? What should I do after 6 months of waiting???

He can inform USCIS that the marriage has been failing for some time and that you are NOT living as husband and wife anymore. which, by the way, is correct from what you've shared and a responsibility that he should have to the government. Now, if you left him for reasons that you felt were best and that continuing to reside with him and work on the marriage was an endangerment to you, you'll have a chance to make that rebuttal with the IJ and USCIS if you are called for a follow up interview or placed in removal proceedings.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.