October filer

Another user with post-submission anxiety--EVIDENCE QUESTION

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi,

We have also just filed, and having browsed through the forum, I have post-submission anxiety. Do you think the items we have enclosed are sufficient?

• copy of my Permanent Resident Card;

• copy of the current lease agreement indicating that we reside jointly;

• verification that I am a dependent on my husband's health insurance policy;

• copy of my life insurance, with the beneficiary designation of my husband;

• copies of renters’ policies for our joint residence;

• copies of joint federal tax returns for years 2005 and 2006;

• letter from the bank certifying that we have maintained joint savings and checking accounts at XXX bank since 2004, only with the last statement;

• copies of our joint Sears account cards;

• copies of joint credit cards in another bank;

• verification that my husband is designated as a beneficiary on my personal savings account with XXX bank;

• copies of cards for our joint Sam’s Club account;

• joint membership cards to an athletic club;

• copies of various bills from different periods of time:

- AT&T phone services statements in our joint names;

- Consumers Energy statements in my husband's name;

- Comcast statements in my name;

• electronic air tickets for a planned trip;

• copies of our respective pay checks showing the same address.

We have not enclosed pictures or affidavits, and I am now worried about this. What do you guys think?

Horses split and it's to late to lock the barn door!

I could say you are looking good.

Can't understand why you didn't submit affidavits or some pics.

More ammo the better!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Horses split and it's to late to lock the barn door! (...)

After receiving the NOA, more evidence can be submitted together with a copy of the NOA.

Affidavits are considered weak evidence and not needed when there is enough other evidence. Photos only help if they document togetherness, like being together in distant places.

Looks like plenty o' stuff! Good Luck!

Timeline

01-30-06 2-Year Green Card Approved

02-11-06 2-Year Green Card Arrival

11-05-07 I-751 Petition MAILED To TSC

11-08-07 I-751 Petition RECEIVED At TSC

11-26-07 I-751 Petition Transferred to CSC and Check Cashed

12-01-07 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-17-07 Biometrics Letter Received / Scheduled for 1/8/08

01-08-08 Biometrics Completed At ASC

01-08-08 Touched

01-09-08 Touched

03-26-08 10-Year GC APPROVED!!!! HOORAY!!!

04-03-08 10-Year GC ARRIVES! GC Journey Over For Another 10-Years~On To Citizenship

N-400 Application

10-15-2009 Application Filed

10-16-2009 Application Received / Lewisville, TX

10-21-2009 NOA I-797 Receipt for Application

11-10-2009 Electronic Notice of RFE For Biometrics

11-12-2009 Biometrics Letter Received

12-04-2009 Biometrics

12-17-2009 Notice That File Has Been Transferred To Local Office For Standard Interview

01-19-2010 Interview - PASSED! HOORAY!

01-20-2010 Oath for NEW U.S. Citizen! FINISHED AND DONE!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

your list looks pretty good... :thumbs:

I never sent in any avadavits or pictures and I was approved with no problems....

oh and make sure to send in a copy of the front and back of your permanent resident card....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

After receiving the NOA, more evidence can be submitted together with a copy of the NOA.

Has anyone ever tried to send in additional evidence afterwards just with the NOA? Is this okay or is this a waste of time because the new evidence will never be matched up with the original file? Anyone with prior experiences doing this? This is after submitting the original file and NOT having received an RFE yet.

NOA does say you are welcome to submitt new evidence if you haven't done so. I wonder in practice if this will work.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

zzz123

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever tried to send in additional evidence afterwards just with the NOA? Is this okay or is this a waste of time because the new evidence will never be matched up with the original file? Anyone with prior experiences doing this? This is after submitting the original file and NOT having received an RFE yet.

NOA does say you are welcome to submitt new evidence if you haven't done so. I wonder in practice if this will work.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

this has been a good question. anybody kind enough to answer this? i will file to lift my conditions too soon

Thanks,

zzz123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.