♥JP♥

MENA User_names

119 posts in this topic

My sister and I just got to the point where either of us will answer to either name.

Now, as a parent, I find it alarming that I sometimes call my son by the cat's name.....

:luv: ack, i've done that too.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Mine is really simple. My husband first joined this site and created our name when we first started our visa journey. His name is Mohammad but everyone calls him Moe. Mine is Lisa, hence moe_lisa. It was our journey together so he thought it would reflect the couple that we are. Since then its become the use of all our internet sites. He doesnt visit much here..just me!

Lisa

Mine is really simple. My husband first joined this site and created our name when we first started our visa journey. His name is Mohammad but everyone calls him Moe. Mine is Lisa, hence moe_lisa. It was our journey together so he thought it would reflect the couple that we are. Since then its become the use of all our internet sites. He doesnt visit much here..just me!

Lisa

lolllllllllllll i TOTALLY didn't get that until u explained it! lol!! I'm so dense! I always read it as "mo lisa" lol kind of like 'mo money' :lol::lol:

yeah now it definitely makes sense :blush: I get the dunce cap for tonight!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
My old screen name was Jordanian Princess and that has always been my ID on email and everything else which is why I selected it here. Now my screen name is Amira Ordonia which just means Jordanian Princess in arabic.

What does yours mean and why did you select it? If its in arabic, translate it. :star:

Ok, I made the mistake and accidentally changed my screen name from Tasha and Ayman to T and A....oops!!! But I can't change it back it only allowed once every 365 days!! I laugh everytime I see it because T and A isn't really the situation with us!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My old screen name was Jordanian Princess and that has always been my ID on email and everything else which is why I selected it here. Now my screen name is Amira Ordonia which just means Jordanian Princess in arabic.

What does yours mean and why did you select it? If its in arabic, translate it. :star:

Ok, I made the mistake and accidentally changed my screen name from Tasha and Ayman to T and A....oops!!! But I can't change it back it only allowed once every 365 days!! I laugh everytime I see it because T and A isn't really the situation with us!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's what I think everytime I see your screenname. Why on earth would she pick that? :P

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

There's a song with T and A (but the real words in the song) in it and I always have it in my head when I read your screen name!!! lol

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

There's a song with T and A (but the real words in the song) in it and I always have it in my head when I read your screen name!!! lol

Oh my gosh!! I am about to pee laughing so hard. Of course I had to explain it to Ayman and he said love why did you go and do that for??? We laugh about it to when one of us gets on here. I really wished I could change it. You know when I was new I read something about not putting your real names as your screen name so I was new at this updating and was messing around and though OH ####### HELP ME NOW!! I am paying for it....it's ok you guys can laugh, we have fun making fun of ourselves!! Maybe with my pregnancy the T part will be come true! LOL, you girls have a good day!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
My sister and I just got to the point where either of us will answer to either name.

Now, as a parent, I find it alarming that I sometimes call my son by the cat's name.....

When I call one of my cats by the wrong name, I catch myself and switch it fast like this:

Eve...'s sister Gin

Luckily I haven't seemed to confuse them too much, since they know their names. But when I was in Morocco, my Mother was kitty sitting for me. One day she was taking inventory and she got my cats names messed up and she kept calling for Cognac because she was really missing Gin. She said after she said it several times, he finally stood up and gave her the look, I am here silly head, so she quickly realized she messed up their names. When she called for Gin, she came out right away. LOL

I guess even cats like being called by the correct name.

Paula

• 9 months later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Pattu - Nepali nickname for 'parrot'

Rani - Nepali word for 'queen'

This is Govi's nickname for me since I love parrots, somehow it stuck and he became 'Pattu Raja' since he also had a pet parrot when he was little.

Olivia - I'm glad you got to check out my photos - I love the new ones in your sig. :star:

Edited by Pattu Rani

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thx Dolma it's a new old pix from when I was in Norway in 2003.

I've changed my name since I last posted here so Olivia* is my name and I added the * for a bit of sparkle. (L)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Staashi was the name given to me by an elderly German man who could not pronounce my name. I used to take care of him and I rented his apartment. He tried to say "Stacie", but it came out as "Staashi" and it stuck. His grandsons heard him call me that and they picked it up, too. These are some of my very closest friends and now they call me Staas. They never use Stacie - even on greeting cards, etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I want to change my name but have no idea to what...

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.