♥JP♥

MENA User_names

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

"The Sparrow" is a short story I wrote when I was 15, it's really kind of funny because it's about my fiance and I even though at the time I was dating someone else. It's kind of about those awkward silences when you really like someone but don't see them that much in the hallway at school, and when you do see them it's because you accidentally turn a corner and crash into them and drop all your books. It's a saddddddd story though--because I was dating someone else I decided my character must die in a train wreck, so at the end he's visiting my grave and a sparrow lands on it.

(high school drama meets soap opera!)

A year after I wrote it, we were dating and I gave him a copy. I'm surprised he didn't run away screaming. :rolleyes:

Divorced. To hell with him.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
"allousa" is my husband's nickname for me. It sounds like "ah-lou-sa".

It all started when I first started talking to Hicham's family on the phone. His mother couldn't quite pronounce my name correctly and it came out sounding like "ah-lou-sa". Pretty soon the whole family started calling me that and still do to this day. :)

I thought it was like "Allo, USA!" :lol:

Timeline

It all started when I first started talking to Hicham's family on the phone. His mother couldn't quite pronounce my name correctly and it came out sounding like "ah-lou-sa". Pretty soon the whole family started calling me that and still do to this day. :)

hahaha... I always did too, Jenn! :lol:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
amrssnowangel

amrs snow angel

My SO loved a picture of me at 1 and a half sitting in the snow....and said I looked like and angel. And thus my pet name with him is his snow angel...so I'm Amrs Snow Angel....

I always read "a mrs, now an angel" and I always wondered why a mrs cannot be an angel. :blush:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
amrssnowangel

amrs snow angel

My SO loved a picture of me at 1 and a half sitting in the snow....and said I looked like and angel. And thus my pet name with him is his snow angel...so I'm Amrs Snow Angel....

I always read "a mrs, now an angel" and I always wondered why a mrs cannot be an angel. :blush:

hahaha... I always read " a mrs snow angel" didn't quite get it, maybe a married snow angel? :unsure: now I get it!

oh yeah... I guess an explanation of mine - well, obviously me~n~him is me and him... derrrrrrrrrr..... :blink: but the name I go by and what is on my old acct is my professional name, the name of my business, and an Arabic twist on my grandmother's name which means "light" in Arabic.

Me/Noura

Edited by ME~n~HIM

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Hubster named me when we first started chit-chatting on the net eons ago. He likes the name yassmine (he has 2 nieces with variations of the name) and the rest is his birthday 2-8-78.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I call my youngest daughter doodlebug. :)

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My original name was me&mymoroccan. I then changed it to menmy because I thought the other name looked too long. Also others abbreviated me&mymoroccan to me&my. I tried to change it to me&my but it gave an error, so I just put menmy. Apparently, me&mymoroccan was the subject of a discussion that I was told about after the fact. I guess some people took offense at using me&mymoroccan as being demeaning or condescending in some way. I missed that thread somehow so I had no idea, otherwise I would have responded.

The reason I first chose me&mymoroccan was because it was a 'kidding' kind of name that I used with my fiance. I always had questions about Morocco and why they do this or that. Sometimes, the reasons would make me laugh or giggle so I would say many times something about 'those crazy Moroccans'. My fiance even says many times things about 'crazy Moroccans'. All of it is in a complete light-hearted and joking manner and it just became a joke between us. I call him my Moroccan or my crazy Moroccan every now and then. He laughs right along with me so it was and never has been to demean or hurt anyone's feelings.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:lol: I think that's what everyone on here has thought as well. I have gotten a couple of PMs asking me if that's what that stood for. Seeing as "Allo" is how his parents answer the phone...I totally understand. :)

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My original name was me&mymoroccan. I then changed it to menmy because I thought the other name looked too long. Also others abbreviated me&mymoroccan to me&my. I tried to change it to me&my but it gave an error, so I just put menmy. Apparently, me&mymoroccan was the subject of a discussion that I was told about after the fact. I guess some people took offense at using me&mymoroccan as being demeaning or condescending in some way. I missed that thread somehow so I had no idea, otherwise I would have responded.

The reason I first chose me&mymoroccan was because it was a 'kidding' kind of name that I used with my fiance. I always had questions about Morocco and why they do this or that. Sometimes, the reasons would make me laugh or giggle so I would say many times something about 'those crazy Moroccans'. My fiance even says many times things about 'crazy Moroccans'. All of it is in a complete light-hearted and joking manner and it just became a joke between us. I call him my Moroccan or my crazy Moroccan every now and then. He laughs right along with me so it was and never has been to demean or hurt anyone's feelings.

I hope that the "unfunny" police don't give you ####### for it. Sometimes I think that humor isn't allowed here. I would say that most of us here know what you are saying and that you aren't trying to demean anyone. :blink:

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline

I hope that the "unfunny" police don't give you ####### for it. Sometimes I think that humor isn't allowed here. I would say that most of us here know what you are saying and that you aren't trying to demean anyone. :blink:

I'm glad that you understand. ;) The "unfunny" police seem to enjoy creating something negative out of the most miniscule (sp?) things a lot of times. I guess trying to create negative drama is more fun than enjoying each others' differences, opinions and senses of humor. :hehe:

Timeline

I'm glad that you understand. ;) The "unfunny" police seem to enjoy creating something negative out of the most miniscule (sp?) things a lot of times. I guess trying to create negative drama is more fun than enjoying each others' differences, opinions and senses of humor. :hehe:

Hmmm, well this seems to be negative drama in and of itself...

Timeline

It was an attempt at humor.

Me, too. I even thought that the USA would be pronounced ooooooh-sa (because of how my husband says USA like it was a word :) )

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Timeline

It was an attempt at humor.

Give me my unfunny police badge then please. I'm having a really bad VJ day. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.