♥JP♥

MENA User_names

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
My original name was me&mymoroccan. I then changed it to menmy because I thought the other name looked too long. Also others abbreviated me&mymoroccan to me&my. I tried to change it to me&my but it gave an error, so I just put menmy. Apparently, me&mymoroccan was the subject of a discussion that I was told about after the fact. I guess some people took offense at using me&mymoroccan as being demeaning or condescending in some way. I missed that thread somehow so I had no idea, otherwise I would have responded.

The reason I first chose me&mymoroccan was because it was a 'kidding' kind of name that I used with my fiance. I always had questions about Morocco and why they do this or that. Sometimes, the reasons would make me laugh or giggle so I would say many times something about 'those crazy Moroccans'. My fiance even says many times things about 'crazy Moroccans'. All of it is in a complete light-hearted and joking manner and it just became a joke between us. I call him my Moroccan or my crazy Moroccan every now and then. He laughs right along with me so it was and never has been to demean or hurt anyone's feelings.

I hope that the "unfunny" police don't give you ####### for it. Sometimes I think that humor isn't allowed here. I would say that most of us here know what you are saying and that you aren't trying to demean anyone. :blink:

I'm glad that you understand. ;) The "unfunny" police seem to enjoy creating something negative out of the most miniscule (sp?) things a lot of times. I guess trying to create negative drama is more fun than enjoying each others' differences, opinions and senses of humor. :hehe:

Hmmm, well this seems to be negative drama in and of itself...

It was an attempt at humor.

Give me my unfunny police badge then please. I'm having a really bad VJ day. :(

I understand bad days. In all sincerity, I hope the rest of your VJ day gets better. (F)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

i remember that post regaring the "my moroccan" stuff. i actually remember it being directed at me, not you, me&him. but i guess you could definitely have been included in that too! actually when i saw your user name it reminded me of all that drama that came about with one of my first posts in MENA. :rolleyes:

sereia is portuguese for mermaid :)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mine is an indigo girls song - it reminds me how wide the water is between our two countries...

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Mine is an indigo girls song - it reminds me how wide the water is between our two countries...

It's actually a very old, English folk song. I sang it in my high school choir. Every time I see your name it pops into my head - such a beautiful song...

ETA: Though the ending is not quite happy. :(

The water is wide, I cannot cross o'er.And neither have I, The wings to fly.Build me a boat, that can carry two.And both shall row, My true love and I. A ship there is, And she sails the seas.Shes laden deep, as deep can be.But not so deep, As the love I'm in.And I know not if, I sink or swim. I leaned my back, against a young oak.Thinking he were, a trusty tree.But first he bended, and then he broke.Thus did my love, Prove false to me. O` love is handsome, and love is fine.Bright as a jewel, when first its new.But love grows old, and waxes cold.And fades away, like the morning dew.And fades away, like the morning dew.

Edited by Jenn!

Timeline
i remember that post regaring the "my moroccan" stuff. i actually remember it being directed at me, not you, me&him. but i guess you could definitely have been included in that too! actually when i saw your user name it reminded me of all that drama that came about with one of my first posts in MENA. :rolleyes:

So you were the lucky one?! Someone had PM'd me to ask me why I changed my name and asked if it was because of that thread. I had no idea what she was talking about so I assumed the thread was about me. I'm sorry it was you! (F) I'm glad you're still posting despite any drama in the beginning. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

t'was not me.... this name came about long after that whole drama thread.... :thumbs:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline
:whistle: ill just forget about the ending I like the first part It is beautiful though thanks for sharing :)

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

This is neat hearing all of the backgrounds of the names here. I'm really enjoying this thread!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

This is neat hearing all of the backgrounds of the names here. I'm really enjoying this thread!!

I was also enjoy what everyone thought everyone else's names were supposed to be :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was also enjoy what everyone thought everyone else's names were supposed to be :)

for some reason, amal's name always makes me think of shopping :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I wish I could say I had a great inspiration when I came up with my ID OhioBuck. But it's simply comes from the fact that I am a graduate of The Ohio State University and I'll be a Buckeye proud and faithful until the day I die. Go Bucks! I guess I was just in a buckeye frame of mind when I had to come up with a ID name.

Paula

Timeline

Polarbear has just always been my ID for everything since they are my favorite animals :blush:

I'm now thinking maby I should change it to the nickname my SO has for me (or the otherway around) I didn't think about it much when I created it :unsure:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What an enjoyable thread!

Mine is very simple and came from the yahoo ID I use. It's a play on our last name which is pronounced like Fella, so I always called him my fella, which became myfellah.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

A very old Bob Dylan song

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.