cupcake07

I-90 - how long did it take to get ur replacement card?

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

my Green Card was supposed to be here the beginning of August and we still haven't received it. We called Customer Service and they told us to fill out the I-90 and that it might take up to 4 months to get the new green card!!!

Since we're already planning trips, I was wondering how long it took YOU to receive yours after filing the I-90? What is your experience.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It took 3 months to get my corrected green card.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

mine took 3 months too..i kept my "old" card that was still valid and waited for the corrected one.see my I-90 timeline.

I-R5 at USCIS California Service Center

Consulate: Manila Philippines

5/19/09 Filed I-130 at Chicago Lockbox

5/22/09 USCIS rcvd I-130

6/01/09 Checks cashed

6/03/09 NOA1 rcvd for both parents

8/12/09 Email approval for Dad

8/17/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Dad

8/20/09 Rcvd RFE email for Mom

9/08/09 Email approval for Mom

9/12/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Mom

NVC

8/19/09 NVC rcvd dad's case

9/18/09 NVC rcvd mom's case

9/22/09 Emailed DS3032

9/28/09 Paid AOS/ I-864 fee of $70 for both

10/08/09 rcvd emails: DS3032 accepted

10/08/09 sent I-864

10/09/09 IV bill generated for both cases

10/10/09 Paid IV bill $800 for both

10/13/09 I-864 rcvd by NVC

10/15/09 DS230 mailed to NVC

10/16/09 I-864 accepted & entered into the system

10/19/09 DS230 rcvd by NVC

11/02/09 rcvd checklist emails

11/09/09 sent RFE to NVC via UPS

11/12/09 NVC received RFE

11/19/09 AVR: checklist response rcvd 11/18/09

11/28/09 Log-in failed for both

12/01/09 Case complete as of 11/30/09

12/14/09 rcvd emails of interview date

01/04-05/09 medical @ St.Lukes done

01/11/10 Interview @ USEmbassy Manila 6:30am

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi guys,

my Green Card was supposed to be here the beginning of August and we still haven't received it. We called Customer Service and they told us to fill out the I-90 and that it might take up to 4 months to get the new green card!!!

Since we're already planning trips, I was wondering how long it took YOU to receive yours after filing the I-90? What is your experience.

Thanks!

Hi,

Did you receive the "card ordered" mail and the "sent card" mail ?

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

@Niaganeola - why would it take money if it got lost in the mail? I thought if it gets lost in the mail you fill out the I-90 and there is no fee for that?

@ Lady K - Hm... I received the Welcome to America notice. And my online Status showed that the card was ordered. But it never said anything about it being sent. Would it say that?

Filed: Timeline
@Niaganeola - why would it take money if it got lost in the mail? I thought if it gets lost in the mail you fill out the I-90 and there is no fee for that?

If you do not get your gard in the mail and it is not returned to USCIS then you have to pay for a replacement.... USCIS claim that it is not their fault if the USPS has lost the mail....

I filed the I-90 without the fee and it was returned to me telling me that the fee was payable as they had never recieved the card back... so there is no other choice but to pay the fee...

Kez

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
@ Lady K - Hm... I received the Welcome to America notice. And my online Status showed that the card was ordered. But it never said anything about it being sent. Would it say that?

In my case, I received an e-mail saying Card production ordered... and that was all no card I waited 40 days and called USCIS, they said that the card was most likely lost in the mail, but that USCIS was not responsible for it so I had to report it as lost/stolen and I could do it on internet.

I then applied for the I-90, online and paid the fee (like 200 dlls I don't remember well). I receive a NOA for the I-90 and a biometrics appointment.

Then, before the biometrics appointment for the I-90 I received a new e-mail from my I-751 stating "card sent". Received my beautiful card :luv: 4 days after. I am not really sure if they sent it because that was the normal process (and it was slow) or if the I-90 made them look at my file again.

I sent a letter to cancel the I-90 trying to explain what happened, I went to the biometrics appointment and they told me that my card was good and that I could abandon the i-90 petition.

Until now I am still confused, don't know if my Green card has a lost/stolen report or not.

After what happened to me I would keep bugging them on the phone until they can really tell you if your card was really sent or not and when.

Good luck

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.