Sand

Love Words In Arabic !!!

36 posts in this topic

MBP: Yes ----> But we should also remember there are several variations in Tamazight/Berber too. MBP: What is your SO?

:thumbs: Henia! I heard this phrase was common in the middle atlas mountains. My husband never used it for me

My husband is Amazigh- his family is from a very small village in the desert somewhere between the Erg Chebbi in Morocco and the Algerian border. They currently live in Erfoud now. His first language is tamazight and his mother only speaks enough arabic to do what she needs to do in the market. The rest of the family also speaks Darija and the school age children know French.

Idir is very very good with languages and can speak and understand all variants of Arabic and Tamazight.

For example he is not fluent enough in Kabyle to know every thing, but he can hold his own in a conversation. He picks up languages and dialects like magic.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
MBP: Yes ----> But we should also remember there are several variations in Tamazight/Berber too. MBP: What is your SO?

:thumbs: Henia! I heard this phrase was common in the middle atlas mountains. My husband never used it for me

My husband is Amazigh- his family is from a very small village in the desert somewhere between the Erg Chebbi in Morocco and the Algerian border. They currently live in Erfoud now. His first language is tamazight and his mother only speaks enough arabic to do what she needs to do in the market. The rest of the family also speaks Darija and the school age children know French.

Idir is very very good with languages and can speak and understand all variants of Arabic and Tamazight.

For example he is not fluent enough in Kabyle to know every thing, but he can hold his own in a conversation. He picks up languages and dialects like magic.

my husband is amazing too! :thumbs:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

no..you only get one pass with that joke and you already used it up months ago. now we have to :bonk:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

no..you only get one pass with that joke and you already used it up months ago. now we have to :bonk:

but seriously...........i'm here all week folks!!! :energetic:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

MBP: I was just curious to know which groups he is from... but from your explaination I can only conclude he is Central Marocain Tamazight. But there are so so many groups LOL.... Tarifit, Tachelhit, and Central Morocco Tamazight just in Maroc. Kabyle and Chaouia in Algeria. Not to mention Tunezia, Libye and the others.

Déja vú! :blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sandra:

Show me the secrets of love

Bobo:

Everlasting love Im longing for

I need you by my side

Dazzling moments roaming more and more

Every day and every night

Sandra:

You are my Everything my shining star

My heart is in your hands

Bobo:

Show me wheres the way to paradise

The way to reach your heart

Sandra:

Love is a passion and love will light a fire

Trust your emotions believe in your dreams

Trapped in a mystery you are my desire

Bobo:

The secrets of love

Sandra:

Bobo:

Youre my guiding light in any place

Your love is all around

Oh I close my eyes I see your face

Dont let the sun go down

Sandra:

My love is here to stay youre not alone

Theres nothing more we need

Bobo:

Im in heaven when youre close to me

Youre the colour of my life

Sandra:

Bobo:

The secrets of love

Sandra:

The secrets of love

Bobo:

Lifes so empty without you

Sandra:

Without you

Bobo:

There is something about you

Voice:

What do I do

Bobo:

Hear the angel in heaven crying

Let me hold you

With you Im flying

Sandra:

I am flying

Choir:

Believe in your dreams

Sandra:

Bobo:

The secrets of love

Sandra:

The secrets of love

Choir:

Believe in your dreams

Sandra:

Bobo:

The secrets of love

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know a few sweet things in Darija. Ana ohibok min koli kalbi.....I love you with all my heart. When I first started trying to say this to my husband I would pronounce "kalbi" wrong. He told me I was saying dog instead of heart. LOL I still don't hear the difference between the two.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

MK: Yes, that would be funny. I personally use Afastouh(petit in Kabyle), Mon Bonbon, Mon Bíjoux, Mon Amoureux and Mon Trésor ... amoung some other non-Rated G words...

Do we have anymore to add?

French---->English---->

Veux-tu m'epouser? Will you marry me? Ayzawjade (Kabyle)

Tu es ma joie de vivre You are the joy of my life etc

could you translate it in algerian dialect plz ?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

this thread is great - i just tried out my accent and read them to Brahim - and he got them almost instantly! the way i know how to pronounce 'i love you' sounds more like: oh hegbook. between us we know four different languages, but speak french to each other. i'm brushing up on my arabic and sometimes interject silly asides when my husband is speaking to his friends (please forgive my phoentic spelling): 'waaha' - yeah; 'schweeya' - a little bit; '(k)hobs' - bread; 'zeetoon' - olive; and 'oh hegbook' - i love you. they all think it's hysterical.

Meredith & Brahim

2 April 2009 - Married in France

23 April 2009 - Sent K3 Petitions

23 August 2009 - Petitions approved, sent to Paris

9 December 2009 - Interview: Approved, pending AP

7 May 2010 - 5 MONTHS LATER: DOS Confirms Visa Final Approval

10 May 2010 - Embassy Confirms Visa Being Issued

11 May 2010 - VISA IN HAND

14 May 2010 - Flights to Newark!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

After two years..all he can say is:

-Ah: yes.

-La: No.

-Shokran: thank you.

-Mashi: Ok.

-InshaAllah: God willing.

-Alhamdulillah: thank God.

-MashaAllah: paise be to God.

-Masjid: Mosque.

-Ammi: Uncle.

-Ana ehebbeek [should be bahebbek, but that's how he pronounces it :) ]: I love you.

Any other love words in Arabic are copied and pasted from google translator and forgotten in the next day. :P

It's always a nice surprise to hear him say a new word in Arabic even if he forgets it the next day, he does sound very cute! :wub:

Aya

Edited by Aya&John

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

-Ana ehebbeek [should be bahebbek, but that's how he pronounces it :) ]: I love you.

Any other love words in Arabic are copied and pasted from google translator and forgotten in the next day. :P

It's always a nice surprise to hear him say a new word in Arabic even if he forgets it the next day, he does sound very cute! :wub:

Aya

I am the same way as John, i forget as fast as I hear a new word LOL

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

^^^^^^^^^ Actually, the majority of these are pretty much common Arabic -- you will find people all across ME/NA using most of these.

^^^^^^ Now these are definitely non-Arabic !!!!

Eni jaya actually is what I was taught to mean "I'm coming" or "I'm on my way" [fem] in Moroccan darija.

We met in October 2007 and our immigration journey started in July 2008 when we filed for the I-129F Fiance Visa petition. 

~05/16/2009~ MARRIED!!!!

~08/31/2011~ OUR SON WAS BORN!!!!

~02/17/2012~ Mailed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residency to Vermont Service Center

~03/19/2012~ ASC Biometrics Appointment

~11/05/2012~ Production of 10-year GC ordered

~7/1/2014~ Our son's first trip to Morocco

~03/17/2018~ Filed N-400

~04/09/2018~ Biometrics

~6/13/2018~ Off to Morocco, my parents in tow!

~10/23/2018~ Interview, approved

~11/7/2018~ Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I am the same way as John, i forget as fast as I hear a new word LOL

hahaha. I am that was as well...although I'm trying. I've found that it's much easier for me to learn arabic words when they are written in arabic lettering. Don't ask me why... lol

Aya

What is another word for Uncle in darija? I keep forgetting it and my husband laughs because I keep saying Khok for uncle and khati for aunt...lol. At least I've got the genders right...lol

We met in October 2007 and our immigration journey started in July 2008 when we filed for the I-129F Fiance Visa petition. 

~05/16/2009~ MARRIED!!!!

~08/31/2011~ OUR SON WAS BORN!!!!

~02/17/2012~ Mailed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residency to Vermont Service Center

~03/19/2012~ ASC Biometrics Appointment

~11/05/2012~ Production of 10-year GC ordered

~7/1/2014~ Our son's first trip to Morocco

~03/17/2018~ Filed N-400

~04/09/2018~ Biometrics

~6/13/2018~ Off to Morocco, my parents in tow!

~10/23/2018~ Interview, approved

~11/7/2018~ Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.