Sign in to follow this  
miri

VSC I-751 Approval!

20 posts in this topic

Well, after a 6 month wait (seems to be the norm for Vermont filers now) I just received the automated email:

Receipt Number: EAC**********

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 8, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Yay! Now all I have to do is keep my fingers-crossed that the card arrives before Saturday (I fly to the UK on Saturday and it'd be great if I didn't have to deal with the NOA letter again at immigration) and that all the info on it is correct... Well, I now have a 6 month respite from the USCIS before the N-400 is filed, hurrah!

Good luck to all you VSC (and everywhere else) filers who are patiently waiting their turn -- your time will come!

Probably a little late for this quesion, but do you mind if I ask what types of backup you sent with your I-751 application?

By the way, it looks like your original GC may have expired before you got the permanant one, right? What happens in this case?

Thanks everyone -- I'll let you know when the card arrives :)

Probably a little late for this quesion, but do you mind if I ask what types of backup you sent with your I-751 application?

By the way, it looks like your original GC may have expired before you got the permanant one, right? What happens in this case?

By backup, I assume you mean the evidence? Our evidence package included:

- copies of our joint tax returns for the past 3 years (it took them over a year to process my initial AOS application, so we have 3 years of joint returns)

- copy of our mortgage agreement

- copies of previous rental agreements (showing the leases in both our names)

- copy of our car registration and auto insurance, showing both our names

- copies of random bank statements from the past 3 years for our joint checking and savings accounts

- copy of my health insurance showing my husband included on the plan

- copy of my life insurance showing my husband as sole beneficiary (he's the USC, but since he was a student up until March this year, I've actually been the one supporting us financially since we were married!)

- 2 notarized letters from friends

- copies of miscellaneous photos of us with friends and family taken since we were married

Mostly, we sent them proof of our financial "mingling" since we were married. They like to see lots of evidence of this.

Yes, my 2 year GC expired on May 9. I sent my I-751 package 90 days before my GC expired (so Feb 10) -- the USCIS then sent out a Notice of Action ("NOA") which extended my GC by 1 year. When you are travelling abroad, you must ensure you bring your GC together with the original NOA extension letter, otherwise you will have problems when re-entering the country. I just returned from a trip to Italy and I had no problems at immigration with my expired GC and NOA extension letter. Good luck!

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.